Alm's personality

So this is just something in my head. I don't know where it came from but I think I've heard it a few times. Perhaps I just made it up. Anyway I've heard that Alm is generally considered more warlike than other lords in the Fire Emblem series. This is what lead to the inspiration of Walhart. Obviously since Gaiden was a NES game there was extremely limited ability to make this personality clear (if it is indeed true) but I can buy it. From what I know of Gaiden he was basically some village kid who looked at the war and said "Yeah. I can do me a bit of that" and ended up conquering everyone (plus just look at that mug shot. Doesn't that just say "I have a no nonsense personality". On the other hand he was quite smiley in the official art).

Anyway, regardless if this is true, is it a personality you'd like to see for Alm (or possibly some future lord), is it something you think IS would actually dare doing, and if not, what personality would you like to see in this game? Because a large part of me is expecting generic nice guy lord we've seen half a hundred times.

Edited by Jotari

His dialogue in Awakening is certainly pretty aggressive compared to the other DLC characters; I'd have to double-check, but I'm pretty sure this is reflected in his dialogue in Gaiden too.

Edited by AzureSen

It's not as clear in Gaiden, but if I recall correctly it contributes to his little spat with Celica at the end of chapter, uh, 2? I think that's right. So I personally wouldn't mind it, especially if they make it a bigger part of his dynamic with Celica.

If Alm's Awakening dialogue is anything to go by, his fairly headstrong personality seems to be something IS has not forgotten even over the years. It serves to contrast Celica as well- Alm definitely seems force of arms as a viable method of problem solving. I'd be surprised if they changed that much seeing how Walhart was considered to be similar and Valm was obviously named after him.

If it's any indication, the beginning of Gaiden is Luka coming to Alm requesting for him to ask Mycen to join the liberation rebellion army for the purpose of fighting against Rigel. Mycen refuses, and Alm joins in his place against Mycen's wishes. Kinda shows his rebellious nature and one not wholly opposed to warfare as stated.

Edited by Tryhard