Old Artwork & New Artwork

I must have missed it but in case anyone else did it looks like they're changing Forsyth to be a green hair soldier instead of purple hair as he had in the original. You see it in the PAX East videos though we haven't caught his design yet. Python still has blue hair.

697aa79c7d.png

I guess he wants to be Christmas soldiers with Lukas.

Edited by Tryhard

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

I must have missed it but in case anyone else did it looks like they're changing Forsyth to be a green hair soldier instead of purple hair as he had in the original. You see it in the PAX East videos though we haven't caught his design yet. Python still has blue hair.

697aa79c7d.png

Yeah we never did have a Cain and Abel in Gaiden did we?

1 hour ago, Tryhard said:

697aa79c7d.png

Thanks for the screenshot. Maybe Forsyth (#10 right?) and Python will be revealed next week. I can also see Clair being revealed then too. But I wonder how they'll make her bio though, since wasn't she also an Alm fangirl?

So I guess Forsyth and Lukas are the offbrand Christmas Duo. Sweet.

If that's the case, Imma miss Forsyth's purple hair. RIP in pieces.

But I do hope we see Clair soon or see Python soon, since we actually did see him in Famitsu when they were going over the Archer class.

5 hours ago, The DanMan said:

The site bio says he has a pretty bookish nature and acts mature for his age (they really seem to be pushing the villagers' optimal classes as their "canon" ones) and joins the Deliverance to see more of the world. I'd hope for a bit more of Haar and a bit less of stoner archer with that in mind.

Huh, so I see him as channeling "intelligent, but deadpan intellectual." Like Soren without the snarky asshattery? Lol.

I'll agree on that point. I do prefer Haar to Setsuna, but I'm not as anti-Setsuna as I've seen a lot of people around here are. I don't understand why, but this isn't that thread, so I'll stop on that point.

4 hours ago, KazeNinja17 said:

I see Kliff as being more of a character that spends too much time reading (staying up late and such), which is why he kind of looks like he just woke up in his Echoes artwork.

The characters I'm looking forward to seeing the new designs of are the Whitewing sisters, Sonya, and Zeke.

I don't think we'll be seeing much change in the Whitewing designs - we've seen them all before, and I don't think they'll be taking any real liberties with them.

8 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Huh, so I see him as channeling "intelligent, but deadpan intellectual." Like Soren without the snarky asshattery? Lol.

I'll agree on that point. I do prefer Haar to Setsuna, but I'm not as anti-Setsuna as I've seen a lot of people around here are. I don't understand why, but this isn't that thread, so I'll stop on that point.

I don't think we'll be seeing much change in the Whitewing designs - we've seen them all before, and I don't think they'll be taking any real liberties with them.

I know that we've seen the Whitewing designs in past games, but I'd like to seehow Hidari designs them. It'll be interesting to see how they translate in her style.

3 hours ago, Tryhard said:

Wait, you mean like as in Red and Green Hair color with Lukas and Forsyth not something like a Christmas outfit similar to like how the datamine from Fire Emblem Heroes found it had Robin and Tharja in Christmas themed outifts, correct?

Also, since we did saw Clair from the Fire Emblem Direct that her map spirite when we saw the statue that the villagers are getting promoted that had her hair color was changed to blonde instead of Blue/Red like her brother has blonde hair and she appears to have a Ponytail, I kinda wondered what we'll see how she might going to look like from the artwork and in-game model?

The main hope I have for this game right now is that unlike Fates, we get character artwork released for every character and not just the status images.

Since this week's Famitsu showcased 16 units between both parties, I'm going to assume the next few Famitsu issues will feature 3 or 4 for each party, with the extra numbers in there just in case we get more newcomers like Faye. We'll likely get some boss descriptions too, like the green paladin, Greith, and Desaix, among others.

The Famitsu issues leading up to the week of release (5 weeks from now) will detail game mechanics and other interesting stuff, kinda the same way Fates did, with the issue just before release being a recap of all the information given, but until that issue, characters are fair game (possibly 4 weeks of new Hidari art makes me wanna cry, I'm so happy).

Hopefully the site updates every Tuesday until then, just so we can save the clean .png files.

14 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Since this week's Famitsu showcased 16 units between both parties, I'm going to assume the next few Famitsu issues will feature 3 or 4 for each party, with the extra numbers in there just in case we get more newcomers like Faye. We'll likely get some boss descriptions too, like the green paladin, Greith, and Desaix, among others.

The Famitsu issues leading up to the week of release (5 weeks from now) will detail game mechanics and other interesting stuff, kinda the same way Fates did, with the issue just before release being a recap of all the information given, but until that issue, characters are fair game (possibly 4 weeks of new Hidari art makes me wanna cry, I'm so happy).

Hopefully the site updates every Tuesday until then, just so we can save the clean .png files.

One can only hope right now. In all honesty, updates for this game (whether it's artwork or something else) is what will help get me through this last grueling semester of college.

17 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

Wait, you mean like as in Red and Green Hair color with Lukas and Forsyth not something like a Christmas outfit similar to like how the datamine from Fire Emblem Heroes found it had Robin and Tharja in Christmas themed outifts, correct?

Also, since we did saw Clair from the Fire Emblem Direct that her map spirite when we saw the statue that the villagers are getting promoted that had her hair color was changed to blonde instead of Blue/Red like her brother has blonde hair and she appears to have a Ponytail, I kinda wondered what we'll see how she might going to look like from the artwork and in-game model?

Yeah the "Christmas Duo" usually refer to Cain and Abel, since red and green are traditionally Christmas colors. As for Clair, I have a feeling she's in the lineup that'll be revealed next. Her character got a complete overhaul in terms of looks, but I wonder about her personality, since Faye kind of took what was implied to be Clair's.

15 hours ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Sounds like I have a lot of updating in the next few weeks, and that's exciting! I can't wait to see more of Hidari's masterpieces.

The admins are pretty good of updating the site with the files, so I'm not too worried. Vincent ASM and co. are pretty fast with their analyses and updates.

3 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Yeah the "Christmas Duo" usually refer to Cain and Abel, since red and green are traditionally Christmas colors. As for Clair, I have a feeling she's in the lineup that'll be revealed next. Her character got a complete overhaul in terms of looks, but I wonder about her personality, since Faye kind of took what was implied to be Clair's.

Sounds like I have a lot of updating in the next few weeks, and that's exciting! I can't wait to see more of Hidari's masterpieces.

The admins are pretty good of updating the site with the files, so I'm not too worried. Vincent ASM and co. are pretty fast with their analyses and updates.

Maybe Clair will have a bit more depth to her if Faye has adopted a very similar personality to what she had in Gaiden, maybe expanding on the whole Gray-Tobin-love-thing. And I cannot wait to see Forsyth's redesign as well as Clair's. 

As for the "Christmas Duo", hasn't there almost always been a red and green duo in almost every fe game (eg, Cain + Abel, Sully + Stahl, etc.). I did like Forsyth's old hair but its still cool (he seems to have curtains from his sprite though).

Also, do you reckon we might see a new character on Celica's route this week (if famitsu is updating every week)? I can't wait for all of these refreshing updates on the characters, both new and old

Edited by Hoshidokoala

5 minutes ago, Hoshidokoala said:

Maybe Clair will have a bit more depth to her if Faye has adopted a very similar personality to what she had in Gaiden, maybe expanding on the whole Gray-Tobin-love-thing. And I cannot wait to see Forsyth's redesign as well as Clair's. 

As for the "Christmas Duo", hasn't there almost always been a red and green duo in almost every fe game (eg, Cain + Abel, Sully + Stahl, etc.). I did like Forsyth's old hair but its still cool (he seems to have curtains from his sprite though).

Also, do you reckon we might see a new character on Celica's route this week (if famitsu is updating every week)? I can't wait for all of these refreshing updates on the characters, both new and old

Personally, I would like for them to include a new character to Celica's route since they're doing that with Alm's route.

5 hours ago, KazeNinja17 said:

Personally, I would like for them to include a new character to Celica's route since they're doing that with Alm's route.

I want to imagine we'll be getting at least 2 new characters on each side. Celica's side doesn't have any recruitable characters for the fair gap between Est and Nomah (if I remember correctly there was a good gap at least) so they could add one there, or just make whomever you didn't choose between Deen and Sonya initially, be recruited there instead. I hope we get a playable pirate with a change of heart or something, I like the design for them now. Regardless, it's fair to say we'll be getting all playable character's art by the time the Japanese release comes around, so it's just a matter of time. If Faye ends up being the only new playable character, I'll be quite disappointed.

Oh, and Berkut is probably going to be a post-game character or something, I feel. Maybe we'll even get a Creature Campaign-esque post-game where we can recruit notable bosses like Slayder, Desaix, Greith, Judah, Rudolf, etc.

11 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

I want to imagine we'll be getting at least 2 new characters on each side. Celica's side doesn't have any recruitable characters for the fair gap between Est and Nomah (if I remember correctly there was a good gap at least) so they could add one there, or just make whomever you didn't choose between Deen and Sonya initially, be recruited there instead. I hope we get a playable pirate with a change of heart or something, I like the design for them now. Regardless, it's fair to say we'll be getting all playable character's art by the time the Japanese release comes around, so it's just a matter of time. If Faye ends up being the only new playable character, I'll be quite disappointed.

Oh, and Berkut is probably going to be a post-game character or something, I feel. Maybe we'll even get a Creature Campaign-esque post-game where we can recruit notable bosses like Slayder, Desaix, Greith, Judah, Rudolf, etc.

I also hope that we get one or two on each side, preferably keeping the roster size the same on each side. As for people for Celica's route, I think I'd want either like a pirate/axe user (though its unlikely) or a cavalier, side I don't think Celica gets any besides making Atlas into one. I'd also be disappointed if it was just Faye.

As for Berkut, I personally don't think/hope he'll be recruitable. If he was recruitable though, I feel like he would be on Celica's team since she lacks Cavaliers/Paladins.

7 hours ago, Hoshidokoala said:

For the Christmas Duo question, there's generally a pair in most games, but not all of them. I believe Gaiden and Fates are the only games to not feature these types of units.

For the Celica new character, I sure hope so. I have a feeling Atlas will be revealed soon and...

Spoiler

he's a villager that joins your party to save his siblings in a Rigelian base. Perhaps one of them can join the party? Maybe like a little sister or something.

5 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

For the Christmas Duo question, there's generally a pair in most games, but not all of them. I believe Gaiden and Fates are the only games to not feature these types of units.

For Fates it is considered to be Kaze and Saizo (Green and Red, are in the same class; plus they're brothers so they're related)

6 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Well, there's always Alm and Celica themselves.

9 hours ago, Vier Mill said:

For Fates it is considered to be Kaze and Saizo (Green and Red, are in the same class; plus they're brothers so they're related)

Trueeeeee

9 hours ago, Thane said:

Well, there's always Alm and Celica themselves.

Trueeeeeee. It may be Lukas and Forsyth this time around though.

17 hours ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

I could see a new cavalier in Celica's route earlyish Chapter 3 (after Palla and Catria though from what we've seen I assume), considering she doesn't get any naturally outside of if you make Atlas one as said above.

Otherwise I could also see some later recruitments late Chapter 3 or Chapter 4 considering Gaiden like a lot of other Fire Emblems front-loaded characters pretty heavily and there weren't too many recruitments after that. I'm hoping for a few more characters in each route at least.

Edited by Tryhard

On 3/16/2017 at 0:02 AM, King Marth 64 said:

I definitely looked at the PAX East Footage trailer that Kamui does look alot like he's fights like as a Samurai from Fates instead of using the traditional Mercenary fighting style.

Mercenary in Gaiden is basically a combination of the Mercenary (outfit), Myrmidon (speed), and Ninja (resistance) classes. Functionally they're probably closest to Myrmidons, with Alm being closer to a typical Mercenary. See also Ike.

10 hours ago, Iridium said:

Mercenary in Gaiden is basically a combination of the Mercenary (outfit), Myrmidon (speed), and Ninja (resistance) classes. Functionally they're probably closest to Myrmidons, with Alm being closer to a typical Mercenary. See also Ike.

*coffcoff* They basically dread fighter *coffcoff*