Robin, Gray, Cliff villlager speculation?

So in the original, these three villagers are essentially the same charather, have little no dialog outside of recruitment/death quote and are all bench fodder due to their class.

I doubt this kind of uselessness will carry over to a remake. So I've been wondering how they'll be handled.

I'm betting on the three being merged into a single unit, although I've heard people suggest wild or more commonly "memetic" theories about them being used for a non-story relevant avatar (or even avatars, to make up for the alm/celice party split). 

So, what do you think about them? Will they make the game in their original form? Will the villager class function like trainees/donnel? Will their reclass option be less... random? Or will they be cut entirely?

I could see us getting 3 version of Donnel who have something like Aptitude and the ability to change into another class.  I'd be surprised if any units got cut.  If anything, I expect them to add more.

We had Bord, Cord, and Barst in FE1, and still got them back in Shadow Dragon, so I don't see their lack of personality keeping them out.  I'm not sure if we'll get support convos to flesh them out, though.

Lol no, Reality, Cliff is, by far, the best mage in the game (if you have him go down the magic route). He cleaned house during my play through of the game along with Catria. xD

Edited by Leif

The villager reclass in Gaiden wasn't random at all... it just gave you a random option when you approached the altar, and if it wasn't the one you wanted you'd step back and hit it again for a random one. It was essentially a branched promotion with a clunky interface, years before it would ever reappear again.

Kliff was also extremely good and the other two were passable at least, so not sure where you're coming from on the useless point either.

Yup, we're getting all 3, plus a female villager named Effie.

The villager reclass in Gaiden wasn't random at all... it just gave you a random option when you approached the altar, and if it wasn't the one you wanted you'd step back and hit it again for a random one. It was essentially a branched promotion with a clunky interface, years before it would ever reappear again.

Kliff was also extremely good and the other two were passable at least, so not sure where you're coming from on the useless point either.

Eh, Tobin was pretty garbo.

Edited by Matthewtheman

15 minutes ago, Matthewtheman said:

Yup, we're getting all 3, plus a female villager named Effie.

Effie, like Fates Effie?  Don't we already have trouble with half the Gaiden names being reused already?

Just now, Rezzy said:

Effie, like Fates Effie?  Don't we already have trouble with half the Gaiden names being reused already?

Effie is just her Japanese name, and Fates Effie was Elfie in Japan, so I imagine she'll be renamed for the US release.

1 minute ago, Matthewtheman said:

Effie is just her Japanese name, and Fates Effie was Elfie in Japan, so I imagine she'll be renamed for the US release.

That's still pointlessly confusing.  It's not like we've run out of names to use.

18 minutes ago, Matthewtheman said:

Tobin is bad, but not that bad. You promote him out of villager fairly easily, his stats get buffed to their tier 1 counterpart and thus he basically performs decently but is nothing special all game. There are worse units out there. He is the worst villager, but individual stat variation doesn't come into play for at least a few maps, and the way promotion works basically makes there a floor for how bad he can be (and he has class flexibility).

I don't think any units at all will keep their growths from Gaiden considering how dreadful they were across the board anyway.