Bonus for Fates Save File?

Any word on whether there will be any sort of bonus for Echoes, if you have a Save File that has Fates or possibly Awakening?

I remember back in the day, Mario Kart: Double Dash got you some bonus weapons and stuff for FE7 (Yes, I'm that old.)  Then Radiant Dawn gave bonuses for Path of Radiance, but as far as I know, there's never been any other bonuses for any games.

It would be cool if you could transfer your Corrin as an einharjer unit or something similar.

I highly doubt it, because its not connected to Fates at all. Unlike how Radiant Dawn was a direct sequel to Path of Radiance. 

Also yes I recall the FE7 bonuses as well.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I remember back in the day, Mario Kart: Double Dash got you some bonus weapons and stuff for FE7 (Yes, I'm that old.)  Then Radiant Dawn gave bonuses for Path of Radiance, but as far as I know, there's never been any other bonuses for any games.

Actually, Fates has a bonus if you have Awakening save data! Specifically, having Awakening save data is the only way to unlock the Binding Shield accessory. Selena, Inigo, and Owain all make comments about it if you gift it to them in My Castle that reference their time in FE13.

yea its underwhelming and they could've done data transfer of some kind (instead the DLC kinda bullshits that "oh their hair got dyed so it was whatever color their father was before it just got dyed just now") but it's THERE. So FE7 has bonus data for MKDD, FE9 has bonus data for FE7 and 8 (6 as well in Japan), FE10 has bonus data for FE9 (with very obscure unlocks in the second quest if you connected all of that region's gba games before transferring the data iirc), and FE14 has bonus data for FE13.

(in Japan only, there's also some bonuses unlocked in FE7 by connecting to FE6. In the us version these are either unlocked by default or unlocked by beating the game once. The EU version generally just removed these unlockables (most prominently the ending scene with young Roy).)

those seem to be all the interconnectivity between titles in the series. We might get something from Fates since they've been alluding to a possible connection between Hoshido/Nohr and Zofia/Rigel since the game released, but I wouldn't bank on it being something major too much. Maybe a little "you get a sticker" reward for playing Fates like the data transfer in Fates you get for playing Awakening.

I feel like I'm going to be contested a fair bit over this, but I think having a Fates save file could allow players to transfer their Avatar over, similar to the amiibo units in Fates, having their own portrait, cut-ins and voice clips (and hopefully some level up quotes this time). It allows for the use of an Avatar without meddling with the source material in a way which wouldn't be nonsensical. They would probably come with the Omega Yato and be locked to their Nohr Prince/Princess class, though. I highly doubt this will happen, but I do think it's a nice way of tying things up on the Avatar front.

4 hours ago, InfinityAlex said:

I feel like I'm going to be contested a fair bit over this, but I think having a Fates save file could allow players to transfer their Avatar over, similar to the amiibo units in Fates, having their own portrait, cut-ins and voice clips (and hopefully some level up quotes this time). It allows for the use of an Avatar without meddling with the source material in a way which wouldn't be nonsensical. They would probably come with the Omega Yato and be locked to their Nohr Prince/Princess class, though. I highly doubt this will happen, but I do think it's a nice way of tying things up on the Avatar front.

I don't think Avatar detractors would much care if that was an option since it'd be a pure gameplay bonus with little to no impact in the story.

Edited by Jotari