Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Localized Names Discovery Thread + Updating the Name Chart (new English Screenshots has been released)

28 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Haha. I expected as much. If she's called Effie I think it's makes the most sense to call her Effie. We can't keep averting the one steve limit forever. Just imagine how contrived the names would be in 25 years time if we did!

You have Arthur in FE4, Artur in FE8, and then Arthur in FE14...

Ok, I managed to get all the spells in Name Chart. I forgot to add Ragnarok in the Localized Name in the Spells section in the chart since Ragnarok was in Fire Emblem Fates. Is there any other localized names in the chart like classes and items that I missed in the Name Chart that were from the other current games or Fates?

Edit: I managed fill up the entire items and classes in the chart and add the kanji from the Gaiden section for the items and spells except for the Megaquake which it wasn't listed in the site. The chart needs the rest of the Romanjis and the rest of the Kanjis for the Classes, Locations, Enemies, Titles and factions, & Chapters.

Edited by King Marth 64

1 hour ago, Shadow Stalker X said:

Like the list so far. While not as relevant right now, will you be making similar name charts for the other past Fire Emblem games?

I am working on the Binding Blade chart, I did got all the names down, the Genealogy of the Holy War chart is still in work and the Tharcia 776 chart hasn't created yet. Also, we might need to give Avyen Knight (VincentASM) all the names from New Mystery of the Emblem since there is an existing Name Chart also.

Also, Avyen Knight (VincentASM) did copied partly for the name chart for Gaiden for the playable characters, most of the enemies, and most of the locations as a new non-wiki version chart. He did excluded the fan names from je2's and Artemis's patch for the new non-wiki name chart in the Gaiden section which I totally think it should be there that would be helpful for since we do have some people playing which version getting confused which acurate and localized names are.

https://serenesforest.net/gaiden/general/name-chart/

Edited by King Marth 64

9 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

I am working on the Binding Blade chart, I did got all the names down, the Genealogy of the Holy War chart is still in work and the Tharcia 776 chart hasn't created yet. Also, we might need to give Avyen Knight (VincentASM) all the names from New Mystery of the Emblem since there is an existing Name Chart also.

Also, Avyen Knight (VincentASM) did copied partly for the name chart for Gaiden for the playable characters, most of the enemies, and most of the locations as a new non-wiki version chart. He did excluded the fan names from je2's and Artemis's patch for the new non-wiki name chart in the Gaiden section which I totally think it should be there that would be helpful for since we do have some people playing which version getting confused which acurate and localized names are.

https://serenesforest.net/gaiden/general/name-chart/

Are you going to put "suggestive" down for names that conflict with Awakening in Jugdral like you did with the Elibe characters so that we can have a list of those conflictions at a glance?

sorry if that's a stupid question, but I thought it would be a useful indicator so interested parties wouldn't have to hunt

also, I noticed Fear Mountain isn't listed as a localized name anywhere on the Gaiden chart even though that's a localized location name in Fates from what I understand. Wanted to help point that out.

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems

7 hours ago, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

Are you going to put "suggestive" down for names that conflict with Awakening in Jugdral like you did with the Elibe characters so that we can have a list of those conflictions at a glance?

sorry if that's a stupid question, but I thought it would be a useful indicator so interested parties wouldn't have to hunt

also, I noticed Fear Mountain isn't listed as a localized name anywhere on the Gaiden chart even though that's a localized location name in Fates from what I understand. Wanted to help point that out.

Wait, is Fear Mountain in the Witch DLC chapter in Fates? I'll probably add that in soon along with the other locations.

Yeah, I'll put it down for Raquesis in the FE4 chart, Orsin in the FE5 Chart when the chart gets created, and I did putted it down for Niime and Murdock for the Binding Blade chart. I'm nearly finished on the Playable Characters section on the Bindind Blade name chart.

Edited by King Marth 64

4 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

Wait, is Fear Mountain in the Witch DLC chapter in Fates? I'll probably add that in soon along with the other locations.

Yeah, I'll put it down for Raquesis in the FE4 chart, Orsin in the FE5 Chart when the chart gets created, and I did putted it down for Niime and Murdock for the Binding Blade chart. I'm nearly finished on the Playable Characters section on the Bindind Blade name chart.

Yea, it's involved with the Witch's Trial DLC.

On 1/20/2017 at 6:22 AM, Radetzky120 said:

You have Arthur in FE4, Artur in FE8, and then Arthur in FE14...

Don't forget Cain and Cain now.

Spoiler

someone please bug them to change the fe5 one before the game comes out, they already fixed the iucharbros

On 1/20/2017 at 6:30 AM, Jotari said:

They all have different names in the Japanese version.

And over there, Kamui and Kamui.

Edited by Iridium

Ok, I added Fear Mountain to the chart under in Locations section. By the way, does anyone know the Kanji name for Megaquake, I don't see Megaquake in Gaiden page under in spells and other pages and also, are those Illusion Soldiers that Clerics and Saints can cast with the Illusion spell are called Shadows in the Japanese version (the same ones that were called Cuan in je2's patch and Mist in Artemis's patch), I did asked Ayven Knight (VincentASM) in the PM when I reformed him about the Name Chart is ready and he recalled that name when he tries to remember them since he'll recheck them in Gaiden soon?

Edited by King Marth 64

On 1/26/2017 at 2:54 PM, Captain Karnage said:

let's not forget that some of these names were given to us whith Awakening's spotpass characters

Wait, I thought we have covered them from Awakening? Are we missing something from the Gaiden characters' dialogue in SpotPass along with the Name Chart in Fire Emblem Awakening? (I did get Grandpapa for Mycen from Alm from his DLC chapter and defeat quote + Blessed Maiden which it's in the Wiki Chart right now)

https://serenesforest.net/awakening/general/name-chart/legacy/

Edit on January 27th: I managed to found one of the save files that I was using for Chapter 1, 3, and 4 from 2013 and I managed to looked over the names for both versions and putted them down in the locations section of the Name Chart. I managed to get more locations down, got Leather Shield down, and most of the Spells down from Chapter 1, mostly on Chapter 2, Chapter 3, and Chapter 4.

Edit from March 10th: Updated the front post of this section for more info from GameSpot.

Edit from March 14th: Updated the front post of this section for more info about the names showed up on the PAX East Footage that showed 5 videos of Echoes.

Edited by King Marth 64