General Fire Emblem Switch Speculation

Rezzy

I figured it would be nice to have a grab bag topic for our wild random guessing that doesn't fit into other topics or need it's own topic.

To start, I wonder where this will take place.  I would like another game in the Fates continent, hopefully giving it some much needed world building.  I could see either a sequel or prequel.

Another option would be Magvel, we haven't had a second game there, and it's a bit of tradition to have at least 2 games per continent.

Of course, it could be Marthland again, since we've already had 6(4) games set there.

Lastly, maybe it's a whole new world.

I think it'll be an entirely new world. New Lords, new avatar, new everything. Although they could pull a Fates and have a certain, trio traveling into this world for some reason (hopefully not). 

I'd rather they do something new, now that we potentially have an Echoes subseries.

They could be like FE1 and 2, where it's the same world, but a new continent.  That way, if they want to have Fates units return, they won't have to use dimensional travel shenanigans to justify it.

Typing on mobile is weird right now.

I'm placing my bet for a new world.

Although, I might be the only one who wish a game for only the children of Awakening. For the apocalypse, of course.

Nintendo seems to be experimenting on open world engines, especially for Mario and Zelda. I will be amazed if they went for that in FE: Switch or even make a HD remake of FE4 since that game has massive maps.

Chapters will have day and night cycles, giving the sense of a long going battle.

Oh, man, I'd love to see progression like that to really give the sense of a war campaign. It'd be cool if the world map cycled day and night as you travel from place to place, too.

5 hours ago, Rend Keaven said:

Nintendo seems to be experimenting on open world engines, especially for Mario and Zelda. I will be amazed if they went for that in FE: Switch or even make a HD remake of FE4 since that game has massive maps.

Chapters will have day and night cycles, giving the sense of a long going battle.

That would be a nice touch, I guess they could make the day transition to night after a set amount of turns, but since many missions canon take place at a certain time of day, I'm not sure how that would affect it.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like them to do some of the things like how Blazing Blade did.

1. Add a quest for a tutorial that rewards the player: now, I know many hate Lyn's mode but I personally like it as if you manage to keep your units alive, their stats won't ever reset when you get them again meaning its easier to train them thus making this mode all the more rewarding. 

So to the ones who hate that kind of mode, ok give the option for them to skip it and let them play it the way they want. I personally feel that having something like Lyn's mode is all the more better as it teaches the player a lot of things rather than just using the guide for each and every thing the player has to learn when in doubt.

2. Get more lords: Its really a great idea to just not have only one lord in the game and games like Holy War, Blazing Blade and Radiant Dawn( I haven't played RD but I've heard that you get to play as different lords or something like that) have proven that having more lords can work to make a change of pace and make the story even more interesting.

Sure, having more lords might make the game more of a fret that you have to keep them alive but then again, its rewarding and adds more to the challenge to those who wish to do that.

3. Have difficulty modes that do something else: One thing that makes Blazing Blade stand out is that the game has difficulty modes that do more than just making enemies harder or have them equip tougher weapons. Like for FE7, Hector mode(I've yet to play that mode) doesn't just increase the enemy's difficulty nor does it just increase the reinforcements of the map. But adds more chapters, changes a lot of maps and the story feels slightly different as well.

This is what I really like because it not only adds to the depth of the story but it adds more replayability. I don't know about you but usually I don't do higher difficulties simply because its just the same thing only with tougher enemies and other generic stuff that just makes it hard.