Rings and Shields?

The ring items in particular were extremely ridiculous. I wouldn't mind them being tweaked.

Is it going to be the whole "one item" no durability deal like in Gaiden, though? Then they are pretty much obligated to have other items there that aren't weapons like the shields. I'd say it's a good chance that they are there.

Edited by Tryhard

53 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Maybe have a weapon slot and a equipment slot so anyone can have two things?

In my opinion that would probably be kinda weird. I dunno, it just seams strange for a Fire Emblem game to me.

On the main topic, I think rings specifically would only work if implemented correctly.

A one slot equipable item for every character sound like an interesting mechanic and more ways to customize and make my characters OP is good with me. 

Edited by RobbieRotten

Honestly, I wonder what would happen if they took Gaiden's more traditional RPG leanings to their logical conclusion. Expand it from a single slot to, maybe, 3 or 4 slots. So you'd have weapon, shield and/or accessory, and armor.

No matter what though, the Angel and Speed rings need to be nerfed. The Magic ring is strong but it isn't anywhere near those levels.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

People have two arms, give em two slots I say. That way you can implement more than one weapon type on each character.

Well, it would literally only effect one class... assuming they don't change anything.

6 minutes ago, goodperson707 said:

Huh, isn't that the point of the post. That they could implement changes in the access to weapon types and that having another slot would be an incentive for that end. 

Yes. That's exactly what I meant. I find the fact that someone managed to misinterpreted it rather amusing.

Edited by Jotari

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

Yes. That's exactly what I meant. I find the fact that someone managed to misinterpreted it rather amusing.

Yeah, don't know how I screwed that one up.

I don't see the point to multiple weapon slots, though. Variety is achieved through taking advantage of your small party, which starts out with four villagers.

I think rings are in since a specific reference to the Angel ring was retroactively added into FE12. That indicates the developers considered rings to be a central aspect of Gaiden and I doubt that's changed since 2010. Plus they're emphasizing "everything that made Gaiden unique" is in that game, and that logically includes rings. Please take note this doesn't mean they won't be tweaked, just that the concept is most likely in.

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems

On 1/19/2017 at 3:16 PM, CatManThree said:

In my opinion that would probably be kinda weird. I dunno, it just seams strange for a Fire Emblem game to me.

On the main topic, I think rings specifically would only work if implemented correctly.

FE9 did it.

With the way this game was advertised, not having rings/shields would seem very strange, and the FE9 implementation seems a lot more feasible than the original.

I would really like to see the return of these features, since it's one of the main things that made Gaiden unique (the traditional RPG elements). A part of me wishes that instead of equipping a shield, we can equip another sword and have dual wielding as a feature. But this can be balanced by the character's weapon grade and class. 

23 hours ago, Othin said:

FE9 did it.

With the way this game was advertised, not having rings/shields would seem very strange, and the FE9 implementation seems a lot more feasible than the original.

I was talking about the idea of equipping two items not rings/shields specifically.

7 minutes ago, CatManThree said:

I was talking about the idea of equipping two items not rings/shields specifically.

FE9 let you equip two items in exactly the manner that was described: one weapon and one non-combat item, such as a Full Guard or Knight Ward or Demi Band.

28 minutes ago, Othin said:

FE9 let you equip two items in exactly the manner that was described: one weapon and one non-combat item, such as a Full Guard or Knight Ward or Demi Band.

I haven't gotten around to play path or radiance yet.

I wonder how some of the Ring's benefits could be altered? Like, say, the Luck Ring. What if it increased the growths of the user by 5-10%?

20 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

I wonder how some of the Ring's benefits could be altered? Like, say, the Luck Ring. What if it increased the growths of the user by 5-10%?

They could probably work like the rings from FE4, which I believe was +5 or 7 to the stat as long as it was in the units inventory but increasing growths could work too.

Watching the trailer again, Sabre is wearing a shield when he counters the bowman. So, either Shields at least are in, or every Mercenary wears one.

Edit: Which, unless his map sprite in the dungeon is off, it doesn't look like the latter is true. 

Edited by AsherCrane

He could have promoted to Myrm/Hero, which uses "shields" already in Gaiden. It's either the real deal, or there just for show. If you notice in the trailer, Valbo and Luka's map sprites have fake shields. Only unit that had an abnormal shield looking thing was the soldier I screencapped earlier.

Edited by Alm

Honestly, the shield and rings could maybe be altered similar to FE4 which boosted stats by 5.

The Star Shards in Mystery of the Emblem originally boosted growth rates, but in the remakes they boosted stats by 1 or 2. Personally I would prefer them to be similar to the crusader scrolls, but not eliminate critical hits altogether. Maybe lower the chances of being hit by one by something like 5 or 10% while boosting growth rates.

On 1/20/2017 at 3:14 AM, Alm said:

This could be something. This dude is a normal soldier. :U Shields confirmed?

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwOi8vaW1hZ2UucHJudHNjci5jb20vaW1hZ2UvNWFlYjkwZDNlOGEwNDYzNGIyNDI0MDc4YzQ1MWU0YTIucG5nIn0.png

I saw that too, but that's probably a shield insignia symbolizing a boss unit.