Locktouch and Ultimate Carnage

Just browsed through the wiki and found out one could get Locktouch (dunno if through Itsuki) by clearing a quest, but I don't know what quest or when. I cleared Area of Memories Idolasphere and haven't acquired it. I actually need it because I left a couple of locked treasures in Shibuya 106, Area of Memories and somewhere else.

I'd appreciate any help.

Edited by Quintessence
Adding extra question

It's tied to a quest given by the Mirage who trades Incenses for Detritus- the one in the arena. Once you give him enough Detritus to get 12 Incenses, the quest will unlock and you'll get the Performa for Locktouch at the end of it.

Yeah, no problem. I had a lot of trouble figuring this one out myself, especially since discussion of this game is pretty sparse and getting Detritus is a pain. Luckily the quest is pretty straightforward once unlocked, if I recall correctly.

Ok so I found out I had 99 detritus and got some incenses from the Apparition Mirage, I think 11 of them which is 99/9. I think I'll have to get more of them to hit the 12 limit. However, I did notice the mirage gave me a lck incense. Right now entered Illusory Dolhr and exited to perform radiant unity on Itsuki and Kiria, so I'll scout maps to check any requests.

1 hour ago, Blusis said:

Every single request in #FE (with exception to the New Game+-exclusive quests) has a walkthrough as well as the unlocking criteria fully explained in SF's very own Emblem Wikia, if you're ever stuck like that again. Here's a link to the #FE section.

Yeah I always have the wiki at hand, thank you. But I didn't know what specific chapter it was. Now that I found it on Chapter 2 requests, it says you get a lck incense as reward, and I did get it but dunno if I got the performa because I was full fwd'ing text :/

I'll have to check if I got the performa or not tonight.

= EDIT =

Also I didn't fight the lv. 48 mirages so idk.

Edited by Quintessence
Further details

45 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Yeah I always have the wiki at hand, thank you. But I didn't know what specific chapter it was. Now that I found it on Chapter 2 requests, it says you get a lck incense as reward, and I did get it but dunno if I got the performa because I was full fwd'ing text :/

I'll have to check if I got the performa or not tonight.

= EDIT =

Also I didn't fight the lv. 48 mirages so idk.

Yeah, when I was creating the request pages, I tried to add them to the Chapter where they can be unlocked earliest. Since one of the DLCs gives unlimited Detrituses, I decide to shove it in Chapter 2. Sorry about that!

Regarding everything else: did you fight any Mirages at all? There's a possibility the enemies and levels scale depending on player progress--I didn't test to check that possibility. And judging by what you said, there might be a possibility you can't progress past a certain point until you've progressed to a certain part of the story.

38 minutes ago, Blusis said:

Yeah, when I was creating the request pages, I tried to add them to the Chapter where they can be unlocked earliest. Since one of the DLCs gives unlimited Detrituses, I decide to shove it in Chapter 2. Sorry about that!

Regarding everything else: did you fight any Mirages at all? There's a possibility the enemies and levels scale depending on player progress--I didn't test to check that possibility. And judging by what you said, there might be a possibility you can't progress past a certain point until you've progressed to a certain part of the story.

Well, I recall I had 99 detritus and just rushed through it at trading as I was kinda sleepy. I traded lots of them and got a lck incense, I saw some red text somewhere but didn't pay attention. I'm currently on Chapter 6, cleared Area of Memories completely and just entered Dolhr, did Radiant Unity on Kiria and Itsuki for the Performa encountered early in the Illusory, and then went to Urahara to talk to each mirage. I think I should have the road open to get it, but I have to check the game and see if I have the Performa, or if I have to get more Detritus and try again.

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

Well, I recall I had 99 detritus and just rushed through it at trading as I was kinda sleepy. I traded lots of them and got a lck incense, I saw some red text somewhere but didn't pay attention. I'm currently on Chapter 6, cleared Area of Memories completely and just entered Dolhr, did Radiant Unity on Kiria and Itsuki for the Performa encountered early in the Illusory, and then went to Urahara to talk to each mirage. I think I should have the road open to get it, but I have to check the game and see if I have the Performa, or if I have to get more Detritus and try again.

Fair enough. If you've only traded 99 Detrituses, you need to trade 9 more. Good luck not dying to Savage Encounters! Or just pay to win, I suppose.

Double posting to update my concern and requesting, perhaps, to lock the thread.

@Blusis Just managed to clear the quest and get Locktouch. I did some Savage Encounters, Itsuki's Shock Wave helped a lot to gain the first strike benefit, and got the required Detritus. As I had 99 of them, I traded 9 more with Nieg to fulfill the 12 incenses requirement. However, what I found weird was that after trading them the request wasn't triggered as I talked to him. I thought I needed more so I got more through the DLC. I returned to the Illusory to figure it out but Nieg actually triggered the quest. I cleared it and got the Performa. But, I don't if I had to have extra detritus to trigger the quest or just exit the Illusory and talk to Nieg.

Edited by Quintessence

27 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Double posting to update my concern and requesting, perhaps, to lock the thread.

@Blusis Just managed to clear the quest and get Locktouch. I did some Savage Encounters, Itsuki's Shock Wave helped a lot to gain the first strike benefit, and got the required Detritus. As I had 99 of them, I traded 9 more with Nieg to fulfill the 12 incenses requirement. However, what I found weird was that after trading them the request wasn't triggered as I talked to him. I thought I needed more so I got more through the DLC. I returned to the Illusory to figure it out but Nieg actually triggered the quest. I cleared it and got the Performa. But, I don't if I had to have extra detritus to trigger the quest or just exit the Illusory and talk to Nieg.

So when you went back to the Arena after getting the additional Detrituses from the DLC, Nieg had already left? Or was he there in the Arena when you entered, but leave after you triggered a conversation with him? I'll have to update the page accordingly.

Edited by Blusis

1 hour ago, DodgeDusk said:

So when you went back to the Arena after getting the additional Detrituses from the DLC, Nieg had already left? Or was he there in the Arena when you entered, but leave after you triggered a conversation with him? I'll have to update the page accordingly.

The latter. He was still there when I reentered the Arena. Talked to him and the quest was triggered, ran away to Illusory Daitama (at Gangrel's dome? The yellow quest icon is on the map) and did it. However I'm not certain if it was necessary to get extra detritus to get the quest, or if it was just a matter of exit and re enter the arena.

16 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

The latter. He was still there when I reentered the Arena. Talked to him and the quest was triggered, ran away to Illusory Daitama (at Gangrel's dome? The yellow quest icon is on the map) and did it. However I'm not certain if it was necessary to get extra detritus to get the quest, or if it was just a matter of exit and re enter the arena.

The quest becomes available after trading 12 times, but you may have to leave and reenter the Arena and then speak to Nieg. I don't remember if I left and reentered the Arena or not in my playthrough. I'll make a note of it in the page, anyway. Thanks for that.

Edited by DodgeDusk

13 hours ago, Quintessence said:

@DodgeDusk You're welcome!

I have an extra question, and instead of creating a new thread I'll just bump this again. Where/how do I get the Ultimate Carnage? The ones that have the best single target skills.

You mean the best Carnages in the game? You need a material called War Testaments, which are obtainable from the Arena's Legendary difficulty. If I'm not mistaken, the Lengedary difficulty is exclusive to New Game +.

Edited by DodgeDusk
Forgot to type out a word.

1 hour ago, DodgeDusk said:

You mean the best Carnages in the game? You need a material called War Testaments, which are obtainable from the Arena's Legendary difficulty. If I'm not mistaken, the Lengedary difficulty is exclusive to New Game +.

Ahh thanks! Btw, I'm wondering if I should do New Game + on Hard again or go for Lunatic. I want to go Lunatic but I'd like to know what notable differences are there with Hard Mode.

12 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Ahh thanks! Btw, I'm wondering if I should do New Game + on Hard again or go for Lunatic. I want to go Lunatic but I'd like to know what notable differences are there with Hard Mode.

The enemies in Lunatic will have higher stats, but to my knowledge there isn't anything exclusive to the difficulty. New Game + has the Lengedary difficulty in the Arena, two exclusive requests, and some costumes for Itsuki and Tiki (maybe others, though I'm not sure).

If you have any intention of achieving 100% on the game, I'd recommend doing Lunatic mode on your third playthrough, since the game I believe requires three playthroughs in order to get 100%, and one of them has to be on Lunatic.