Dragon's Gate/Outrealm Gate as a major plot point?

Azure_Shadow

This is something I've been thinking of ever since the announcement for FE Warriors. Since it seems we'll at the least be getting characters from Awakening, Fates, and the original game if the beginning of the trailer means anything, I'd think it would make sense for those gates to be of great plot importance considering their purpose in Awakening and in Fates. I could see it being a similar plotline to Hyrule Warriors where some new villain is using the gates to open portals to any realm that has them, thus uniting the cast of the series, in addition to allowing the villain to possibly recruit or aid older villains in the franchise. I thought this would be interesting, plus if it turns out to be true, then perhaps we'd get Hector and pals since they also have a Dragon's Gate in their continuity. Thoughts?

25 minutes ago, Azure_Shadow said:

This is something I've been thinking of ever since the announcement for FE Warriors. Since it seems we'll at the least be getting characters from Awakening, Fates, and the original game if the beginning of the trailer means anything, I'd think it would make sense for those gates to be of great plot importance considering their purpose in Awakening and in Fates. I could see it being a similar plotline to Hyrule Warriors where some new villain is using the gates to open portals to any realm that has them, thus uniting the cast of the series, in addition to allowing the villain to possibly recruit or aid older villains in the franchise. I thought this would be interesting, plus if it turns out to be true, then perhaps we'd get Hector and pals since they also have a Dragon's Gate in their continuity. Thoughts?

As I stated in another thread and my first Warriors video, I highly believe that the Outrealm Gate will play a significant role in Warriors, the Dragon's Gate would also work, but not alot of people know that in comparison to the Outrealm one.

Edited by Jedi

Honestly, I'm wondering if they'll pull a Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn and give the protagonists of each game their own short story modes and then have an unlimited mode full of hypothetical scenarios where the characters from different games interact instead of doing Outrealm/Dragon Gate shenanigans.

I personally don't think Outrealms are exactly necessary, but I get the feeling they're gonna use it, in some format or other. (Even if it's DLC)

Anyway, I wouldn't mind them doing the Gundam Reborn approach, always a fan of hypothetical scenarios, so I would quickly welcome that.
And if it's one story as a whole, I wouldn't mind them doing a something like WO3, which I think had multiple ends? In addition to hypotheticals, of course.

I thought a the dragon gate WAS a specific outrealm gate. Outrealms seem like the obvious way to develop this story (in that they seem tayler made for this sort of thing, and i don't see an easy way to do this without using them.)

if a dragon gate becomes part of the story, then that could possibly mean some heroes we know from the games may be enemies in some chapters instead of pure villans. heck, could go the warriors orochi route and have hidden objectives to go to different areas to unlock new units to try and recruit.

Having heroes go up against each other instead of just villains is definitely what I'd think would happen, though I think it's going to happen because of the villains from Awakening will go through the Outrealm Gates and do stuff before Chrom arrives.

If this sounds a bit like Hyrule Warriors' story, then that's because I think we'll get something like that.

It probably explains why Chrom was the first one featured, and why Awakening looks like it will get more focus than most games, because that one really played up the intergame crossover in the DLC content for all they were worth.

And Awakening even had it's cast interact with the games' other casts.

It's quite possible considering that Awakening's DLC played with that idea and there's similar facilities in other continents like the Dread Isle's Dragon's Gate, TMS's Idolasphere/Bloom Palace and Fate's My Castle. It shouldn't be too hard to implement the concept on other continents IF they go beyond Awakening, Fates and Shadow Dragon.