I can't beleive theyre remaking my favourite FE game

It might sound odd for a Japan-only game to be my favourite. I played it a few years ago on an emulator with a fan translation and a couple things put it up on the list for me.

1. Town exploration was such a cool thing, being able to see a non-battle sprite walk around a town, talk to people and get treasure, make it feel like a more fleshed out RPG.

2. For an NES game, the story really grabbed me, and the last stage brought all that to a proper climax.

3. Celica is the OG grandmaster and a top-tier princess. Her Awakening appearance, I liked; but her class choice was a little messed up. Her Echoes design though, I think is perfect. The art style and design is both a fresh look and a throwback to the original.

I think Gaiden definitely makes sense for a remake though as it can now come out in the west and the new fire emblems borrow enough elements from Gaiden to (likely) make it approachable by both pre- and post-awakening fans. Also third person dungeon exploration? Looks just awesome, and I hope they have enough of it in the game to feel substantial. Also, a lot of the music in Gaiden is quite repetitive, but I find it quite catchy at the same time, and I think I'll definitely be listening to the OST on youtube the second they're uploaded (the one from the trailer sounds great).

If they had made this a Switch game, I would've instantly had a reason to get one, but its nice to have it come as a 3DS game (I have two) and I'm also kind of surprised that it's really not that far away from release! It feels like Fates just came out a few months ago. Gaiden feels like it would be too short of a game for the 3DS, so I definitely hope they add new levels/content as well from the original (Awakening length or bust). Either way, I'm really happy and the reveal had my jaw to the floor. I'm wondering, if Echoes does well, do you guys think there's a chance for a FE 4/5 remake, or are they too much of a risk?

In conclusion, this is definitely a day one buy for me; possibly even a Special Edition purchase (I've never bought a special edition of a game before) and a possible amiibo purchase (the only one I have currently a blue yarn yoshi).

thetruewaifu.jpg

P.S. RIP Alms package protector

Edited by Agile Tit-Tyrant

Aye, I'm the same. There's a few of us out there, but I have to admit it was a big surprise for me considering I was only watching the direct for Fire Emblem Warriors information really. I think if it does well Jugdral remakes are definitely on the cards, which I'd be happy to see as well.

o7 rip codpiece

It's not my favorite, but it's in my top three and for many of the same reasons you listed. I'll admit I was expecting them to remake one of the Japan-only games, but I was predicting they'd skip Gaiden and go straight for the Jugdral saga. I'm honestly stoked about this, especially since it's on a system I own and not the Switch (which I'm still hesitant about in spite of some upcoming games). I also think that success for Shadows would mean remakes for the Jugdral games, which would be pretty damn nice, and think they could get away with remaining faithful to the plots of those games. 

rip the piece, you will be missed

I'm surprised it's your favorite, since it's the most forgotten title in this series. It's nice to see someone likes it a lot, which is great because the gameplay mechanics for this title are the most interesting IMO.

About the 4/5 remakes; Seeing as how Shadows of Valentina is the subtitle, something tells me "Echoes" would be a miniseries for the remakes of 2-8. About 4/5 in particular, I can definitely see there being a ton of interest in those two games, with 4 having a quite decent popularity among the fans on this forum. However, I fear for how much they'll censor the plot. It's the darkest FE, and incest is literally one of the key plot points. Not to mention it also has Sylvia, who is controversial mainly because her age was 14 and her conversation with Alec about giving him a "special dance" implies something very sexual. However, that's an easy fix just by making her older (like 18). Than there's also implications of depression, domestic abuse, PTSD, threatening sexual harrassment, and suicide (I know suicide also appeared in Awakening, but let's be real, the tone of that case was more sacrificial rather than depressive like FE4). The fact that FE4 is so dark is a standout for me, but I'm worried how much they'll change. I can tolerate minor "fixes" hypothetically i.e. Alvis and Deidre are cousins, not siblings (because it isn't abnormal for royalty to marry their cousin) and making Sylvia older. But if they removed any of the other stuff aforementioned I'll be pissed, mainly because it shows the effects of war and it gives characters interesting backstory and reasons for their personality.

I'm not sure if 5 is as problematic. It's closer to the traditional FE formula in terms of gameplay, and its content is still dark, but doesn't reach the boundaries that FE4 placed. Plus it's also one of the more forgotten games in the series, so a remake would be nice. I want FE4 more though, but I would love to have FE5 as well.

2 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

I'm surprised it's your favorite, since it's the most forgotten title in this series. It's nice to see someone likes it a lot, which is great because the gameplay mechanics for this title are the most interesting IMO.

About the 4/5 remakes; Seeing as how Shadows of Valentina is the subtitle, something tells me "Echoes" would be a miniseries for the remakes of 2-8. About 4/5 in particular, I can definitely see there being a ton of interest in those two games, with 4 having a quite decent popularity among the fans on this forum. However, I fear for how much they'll censor the plot. It's the darkest FE, and incest is literally one of the key plot points. Not to mention it also has Sylvia, who is controversial mainly because her age was 14 and her conversation with Alec about giving him a "special dance" implies something very sexual. However, that's an easy fix just by making her older (like 18). Than there's also implications of depression, domestic abuse, PTSD, threatening sexual harrassment, and suicide (I know suicide also appeared in Awakening, but let's be real, the tone of that case was more sacrificial rather than depressive like FE4). The fact that FE4 is so dark is a standout for me, but I'm worried how much they'll change. I can tolerate minor "fixes" hypothetically i.e. Alvis and Deidre are cousins, not siblings (because it isn't abnormal for royalty to marry their cousin) and making Sylvia older. But if they removed any of the other stuff aforementioned I'll be pissed, mainly because it shows the effects of war and it gives characters interesting backstory and reasons for their personality.

I'm not sure if 5 is as problematic. It's closer to the traditional FE formula in terms of gameplay, and its content is still dark, but doesn't reach the boundaries that FE4 placed. Plus it's also one of the more forgotten games in the series, so a remake would be nice. I want FE4 more though, but I would love to have FE5 as well.

Watch as they decide it's too mature, and just don't realease it outside Japan at all.