The Lords and Supports

MissShake

So I'm playing FE7 for the first time and I'm trying to plan out my playthrough a bit. I've read supports and have two things I've determined: I want Lyn to be with either Hector or Eliwood, and I won't be pairing Eliwood and Ninian. Thoughts? What A-ranks do you guys like for the Lords?

I'll be honest with you: Don't worry about it.

It's not a big deal on gameplay (unless you're starting on HHM), and story wise it mostly isn't a big deal either. Just play on, you should be fine (unless it's HHM, in which case I can help recommend a bit)

I normally pair Hector with Lyn and Eliwood with Ninian, personally.  Sometimes I might A rank Hector and Eliwood simply because I like their bond, or Eliwood x Fiora because why not.

I normally don't pair Eliwood/Lyn, since it doesn't really fit Binding Blade's B support for Marcus and Lilina (which implies that Eliwood's wife was from Illia) and that bothers me way more than it probably should.

As for gameplaywise, Hector/Eliwood is pretty fast with a pretty much instant C, so that's probably my top pick there.  Same for Lyn with Florina, the support for them is practically as fast as Roy and Lilina, and even faster than Hector/Eliwood.

I tend to try to pair my characters with different people every time.  I remember on my first playthrough way back when, Eliwood and Hector were one of the few I actually got all the way to A, since I didn't really know about Support grinding.

On 1/20/2017 at 1:05 PM, Dayni said:

I'll be honest with you: Don't worry about it.

It's not a big deal on gameplay (unless you're starting on HHM), and story wise it mostly isn't a big deal either. Just play on, you should be fine (unless it's HHM, in which case I can help recommend a bit)

Well I know I'll be "fine," but I have fun planning playthroughs a bit so I just thought I'd ask :)

13 minutes ago, MissShake said:

Well I know I'll be "fine," but I have fun planning playthroughs a bit so I just thought I'd ask :)

Sorry, kinda venting about myself and my overplanning.

Aside from that, I also tend to pair EliwoodXNinian or HectorXLyn. I tend to like HectorXLyn regardless myself, but Hector and Eliwood do support well together, and it's very easy to get.

It also somewhat depends on who else is used, like if you're using one of the Pegasi or so on, as they also have paired endings with either lord, or units like Oswin or Lowen.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Sorry, kinda venting about myself and my overplanning.

Aside from that, I also tend to pair EliwoodXNinian or HectorXLyn. I tend to like HectorXLyn regardless myself, but Hector and Eliwood do support well together, and it's very easy to get.

It also somewhat depends on who else is used, like if you're using one of the Pegasi or so on, as they also have paired endings with either lord, or units like Oswin or Lowen.

Nah, you're good, nothing to worry about~

Eliwood and Hector is looking like a possibility too, honestly. A lot of the paired endings for Eliwood are kinda bland in my opinion, and I'm sort of having trouble seeing any of the female options as a mother to Roy. But that's just me, maybe I need to see the characters a bit more.