Voice actors [Scattered Fang complete]

SatsumaFSoysoy

5 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWOcLSD_D1I

Lyn can be heard at 2:48 of this trailer. Sounds like she's voiced by Wendee Lee.

Yeah, that is definitely Wendee Lee. Lani Minella's Lyn voice from SSB is deeper, plus Wendee Lee's voice is pretty unmistakable.

Also, Lucina is pretty clearly still being voiced by Laura Bailey, who is most famous as Rise Kujikawa from Persona 4. And Anna is still Karen Strassman, who was also Olivia, Mozu and Hana. Male Corrin, finally, is being voiced by Cam Clarke.

Edited by AzureSen

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm.... I went and watched the Japanese version of the same PV, and Roy sounds a bit different... It might be Jun Fukuyama doing a grunt that's higher-pitch than usual, but it is kinda hard to tell with only one grunt.

Also, Abel looking dangerous with that Brave Lance. I wonder if it's only cosmetic.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Laura Bailey probably has more recognizable performances than Persona lol... I should probably say this a more polite way... It probably depends on where people recognize her from and what series people play. For a Persona fan, I don't doubt that that's one of her most recognizable roles. Personally I think of Tohru Honda in Fruits Basket the most? But there's tons of stuff that could be equally recognizable depending on the person. She's been in quite a lot, definitely knows her stuff.

@ Frederick and Tharja not sounding like themselves, yeah I agree... Freddy sounds pretty.... off, and lack of 'Pick a god and pray' is pretty egregious. Tharja's voice not being as soft is kinda mehh too, though I don't mind that so much as her art....? I'm really not into it.... As for the performances by the same VAs being so different....?? all I can think is that Awakening was almost 6 years ago now, maybe the VAs forgot what they sounded like in that game.... For those of us who PLAYED the game, it's natural that we'd recognize the distinction better, whereas the VAs deliver what, like.... 6-10 voice lines on average? And short ones at that? Before moving onto other work, other roles.... It's a shame that they're not as recognizable, but what can you do. 

Edited by BANRYU

Roy's still Jun Fukuyama most likely, because it sounds identical (at least to me) to his Melee voice.

Also, I forgot to mention, but Juicey Flannigan Kaiji Tang also voiced Shiro and Ignatious. It's hard to tell, because Kaiji Tang has really good range.

42 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Laura Bailey probably has more recognizable performances than Persona lol... I should probably say this a more polite way... It probably depends on where people recognize her from and what series people play. For a Persona fan, I don't doubt that that's one of her most recognizable roles. Personally I think of Tohru Honda in Fruits Basket the most? But there's tons of stuff that could be equally recognizable depending on the person.

Fair enough. I've never watched Fruits Basket and didn't know Laura Bailey was in it until you mentioned it. (Although it's not necessarily "play" in the case of P4, because it had two anime adaptations.)

Edited by AzureSen

Eh, alright. The more I listen to it the more it sounds like Fukuyama, but the first time I heard that grunt I could have sworn it was someone else.

Also, tfw Roy didn't do the EEEEEEEYAH :(

When I look for credentials, I usually pay more attention to the series/games the actor/actress has appeared in, and pick the one that most people have probably been exposed to, or at least heard of, even if the VA's role in said media isn't a major one. Of course, if they're just some random in a famous anime or video game, then there's no point in listing that, so I go for the second best one.

A quick update on voice actors:

• Rena Strober, who voices Azura
  • Travis Willingham, who voices Ogma, (possibly Garon, if he's in the game, and Lon'qu)
  • Julie Kliewer, who voices Lilina,
  • Stephanie Sheh, who voices Tharja, (possibly Sophie, Beruka, Rhajat and Kjelle)
  • Kaiji Tang, who voices Narcian and Odin, (possibly Shiro and Ignatius)
  • David Vincent, who voices Robin,
  • Julie Ann Taylor, who voices Linde, (possibly Severa/Selena, Cordelia/Caeldori, Flora)
  • Matt Mercer, (so glad), who voice Ryoma, (possibly Chrom, Azama, Shigure)
  • Kyle Hebert, who voices Frederick, (possibly Validar)
  • Sarah Blandy, who voices Nino, (possibly Kagero, Midori and Layla)
  • Mick Wingert, who voices Jeorge,
  • Liv Strander, who voices Elise,
  • and maybe Laura Bailey (Lucina), Yuri Lowenthal (Marth), and others who are shown but don't speak like David Stanbra (Xander, and Kaze, Shura, Sumeragi).
Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

A new trailer:

Interestingly, Ryoma sounds a bit different than from Fates; deeper, more gravelly. Maybe the voice director realized that Matt's original voice was basically a deadringer for Chrom's?

Edited by The DanMan

On 01/20/2017 at 9:19 PM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Linde

JP - Asami Seto (Tiki=Waifu)

What does that have to do with Tiki?

Her adult voice is Ikue Ohtani, correct?

Edit: Oh... Tokyo Mirage Sessions. The "Tiki wa ore no yome producer"

Edited by shadowofchaos

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

Tiki=Waifu is a character from Tokyo Mirage Sessions, and that is literally the name she is called in-story.

1 minute ago, AzureSen said:

Tiki=Waifu is a character from Tokyo Mirage Sessions, and that is literally the name she is called in-story.

I got it a few seconds after I posted. Haha, it's because I played the JP version. I know them by チキは俺の嫁p

13 minutes ago, Pikappa93 said:

Is Elise going to have a different VA? Because even if it's listed as Liv Strander she sounds like Natalie Lander to me.

It's hard to tell. Natalie Lander wasn't credited and she didn't confirm either. On the other hand, Elise's voice doesn't sound a lot different than in Fates (not more different than the other VAs that took their role back). And I can't find anything on Liv Strander. 

20 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

It's hard to tell. Natalie Lander wasn't credited and she didn't confirm either. On the other hand, Elise's voice doesn't sound a lot different than in Fates (not more different than the other VAs that took their role back). And I can't find anything on Liv Strander. 

Yeah, I couldn't find anything on Liv Strander, too. It's also possible that Liv Strander is some sort of alias, I guess.

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

I think it's still Natalie Lander for Elise. Voice sounds the same, there's really no info on "Liv Strander" anywhere, and I don't think it's a coincidence that Strander rhymes with Lander.

I though Tahrja VA voice her sound like her.

Edited by mikethepokemaster

3 hours ago, Sarracenia said:

Voice actor names are displayed in-game at the bottom left of their stat page so keep an eye out for pictures of them.

FEH.png

Yep, that's how this thread even exists. I started off just looking at the bottom left when the Direct showed a few characters.

4 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

Edit: Oh... Tokyo Mirage Sessions. The "Tiki wa ore no yome producer"

I considered adding "from #FE" to that description, because I was sure that someone was gonna bring this up lol.

42 minutes ago, Thane said:

Ah yes, the most important Fire Emblem character there is.

She's forgettable, but she appears in Choose your legends, so there are chances she'll be in the game and I chose put to her here too. Anyway, that's good to know, to make an idea about the VA. Maybe.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

13 hours ago, AzureSen said:

Yeah, that is definitely Wendee Lee. Lani Minella's Lyn voice from SSB is deeper, plus Wendee Lee's voice is pretty unmistakable.

If that is indeed her... when will we see the art of Lyn and co in a pose like this? :lol:

photo unboxing07.jpg

Lyn in the middle with Florina and Ninian to the right and left respectively along with Eliwood and Hector being right and left respectively too. 

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova