Voice actors [Scattered Fang complete]

SatsumaFSoysoy

3 hours ago, Silverly said:

Pent - Jamison Boaz... uhhhh, none of his credits really ring a bell. Go figure.

Three Words: Death Metal Retsuko (from Aggretsuko). The mental image of Pent screaming death metal is hilarious.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I decided to put it here. Seemed to fit, anyway, especially since I know that some voice actors visit this site.

I'm not too familiar with voice actors. I don't tend to follow their careers, nor the careers of screen/stage actors, but I wanted to say some things to show my appreciation to a few voice actors I've recognized. I appreciate all voice work, but I have a little more to say for a few in particular.

To Greg Chun:

It's difficult for anyone to step up and take over for another actor, no matter the medium, especially for well-loved characters. There are some fans who will always claim that "the original was better" simply because it's what they are used to. I've observed this plenty of times in various scenarios, and it's not always simply because of personal preference on the viewers' parts, and not always handled politely, nor with consideration for the actor's efforts. It takes guts to step up and fill the void when an actor leaves a role, especially knowing this. So, I want to commend you for being the second person to lend his voice to Ike: no mean feat, given his popularity. From the interview I read, you put a lot of effort into the role, trying to match the nuances provided by Jason Adkins and to bring Ike's words to life accurately (representing the character's feelings and intentions) from the new lines you were given.

As for my own opinion, you have done an excellent job. Ike sounds like Ike, and the character shines through, as I'm sure is the aim of every voice actor who takes to the mic. I'm sure you receive some discouraging criticism from people with pointed opinions perhaps based in a hatred of change (change can be scary, so aversion of it is only natural) rather than of constructive, helpful criticism. But know that there are those of us who are grateful for your work, too. I know my opinion is just a drop in the bucket, but it's what I think, and I figured I should express it. From a long-time Ike fan, keep up the good work! (P.s., though Ike is my favorite FE character of all time, Ephraim is also among my favorites, and I like Lukas, too. I think you do great at voicing all of them, and making them each sound different!)

To Kyle McCarley:

I began watching your Let's Play of Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, and really enjoyed what I saw so far (though I only saw one or two episodes due to time restraints.) It was cool to hear from the other side of the product, and what being a voice actor is like. It makes sense that you don't do much recreational reading since you read so much for your job!

Anyway, though I appreciate your performance as Alm, I actually wanted to talk about your role as Soren. I just wanted to let you know that he sounds exactly like how I imagined him sounding. For me, you really nailed it! Not only from the general sound of the voice, but also from the intonations and inflections you gave him. I was happy to hear you mention that you would like to continue to voice him if the chance arose. It think it would be really neat if you got to be his voice in future games! (I.e., if IS makes an "echoes" game of Path of Radiance.) If that happens, I really hope you get the role! Thank you for voicing Soren so well!

To Ian Sinclair:

Being a writer myself, I understand the importance of being involved in displaying a character, while remaining invisible to the audience, yourself. You don't want the audience to think "oh, x person is playing this character" or "x person is writing this character." You want the audience to get lost in the world, and to forget that it's fiction. You want the character to shine through: every thought and feeling, presented in the way that the character would display it, but in such a way as it reaches the audience as clearly as possible. Before hearing your performance as Berkut in Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, I didn't think much about how hard it is for voicers to achieve that. I would think about the job a little shallowly, with the deepest bit being whether or not a voice matched a character in my own opinion. I guess the job was achieved, then, since when I heard a character speak, I head the character and not the actor (not all the time, but usually.) But then, I heard your performance.

At first, I was a bit surprised, since the voice seemed kind of deep for the character. It sounded older than Berkut looked, in my opinion. But your performance was really something else. As I listened, I could hear the conflict within Berkut's heart: his desire to prove himself, his desperation for recognition, and the obsession for power that resulted from these things. Never feeling good enough, frustrated with being unable to achieve his aims again and again, and slowly growing blind to what he already had. The subtle change in how he spoke as the game progressed, his arrogance turning into madness, the growing roiling of hopelessness and defiance... You threw yourself into the role and delivered it to the audience everything Berkut was in a way that was completely true to the character. I absolutely loved it.

You changed how I saw voice acting. I used to see it as a medium in which to express the characters. Now, I see it as a true art. Thank you for the amazing experience. (It's also because of your acting that I'm trying so hard to summon Fallen Berkut. I can't get enough of this character now! XD) I look forward to your future roles!

I don't know if any of you will ever actually see these messages. I know you lead very busy lives. But I wanted to put my thoughts and feelings up here on the chance that you might. If I just kept this all in my head, it would never reach you. But here, at least there's a chance.

Thank you, to all voice actors, for giving a voice to these characters whom we all enjoy so much. ?

• 5 months later...

Desert Mercenaries banner introduced:

Cormag
JP - Seki Koji.
EN - Brad Venable. Griffon from Devil May Cry V.

Ephraim & Lyon
JP - Yashiro Taku & Nakamura Yuichi. Roderick in FEH (Yashiro) & Ryoma (Nakamura) in FEH.
EN - Greg Chun & Mark P. Whitten. Eldigan, Ike, and Lukas in FEH (Chun) & Hrid (Whitten) in FEH.

Ewan
JP - Seto Saori. Anna and Selena in FEH.
EN - Andrew Buck.

Gerik
JP - Tsuda Kenjiro. Seto Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh!
EN - Nathaniel Lane. Couldn't find anything. Possibly a pseudonym and looking up Nathaniel Lane brought up Nathan Lane who voiced Timon in The Lion King. They sound nothing alike.

Ross
JP - Murakawa Rie. Kagero in FEH and Ram from Re:Zero.
EN - Zeno Robinson. Cyborg (Victor Stone) from Young Justice.

Tethys
JP - Kuwatani Natsuko. Micaiah in FEH.
EN - Jennifer Losi. Terano Totobami from Kakegurui.

Edited by Kaden

Oops posted in the wrong thread, hehe. Might as well wrote something relevant to the topic

I just think it’s cute how the VA who voiced Tethys was a longtime fan of hers since SS. Sweet story.

Edited by Silverly

On 11/7/2019 at 5:26 AM, Kaden said:

Desert Mercenaries banner introduced:

Cormag
JP - Seki Koji.
EN - Brad Venable. Griffon from Devil May Cry V.

Ephraim & Lyon
JP - Yashiro Taku & Nakamura Yuichi. Roderick in FEH (Yashiro) & Ryoma (Nakamura) in FEH.
EN - Greg Chun & Mark P. Whitten. Eldigan, Ike, and Lukas in FEH (Chun) & Hrid (Whitten) in FEH.

Ewan
JP - Seto Saori. Anna and Selena in FEH.
EN - Andrew Buck.

Gerik
JP - Tsuda Kenjiro. Seto Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh!
EN - Nathaniel Lane. Couldn't find anything. Possibly a pseudonym and looking up Nathaniel Lane brought up Nathan Lane who voiced Timon in The Lion King. They sound nothing alike.

Ross
JP - Murakawa Rie. Kagero in FEH and Ram from Re:Zero.
EN - Zeno Robinson. Cyborg (Victor Stone) from Young Justice.

Tethys
JP - Kuwatani Natsuko. Micaiah in FEH.
EN - Jennifer Losi. Terano Totobami from Kakegurui.

I know you did the same with Anna and Selena, but I would just like to mention that Natsuko Kuwatani was also Micaiah's voice in Radiant Dawn.

Probably the reason why they decided to give a Lord in FEH a relatively old school VA that as far as I remember has only voiced side characters (outside of special cases like when one of her old popular characters appears somewhere) in the last like 7 years I believe?

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't paying attention to the voice actors list for the Binding Blade banner, went to level up Igrene on the bow training maps today, and heard Yumi's voice. And

wait,

what?

And lo and behold, she's voiced by Hara Yumi.

I honestly cannot take anyone voiced by Hara Yumi seriously anymore because her voice will forever and always be Senran Kagura's Yumi for me, so now I'm stuck finishing the bow training maps with this dumb smile plastered to my face.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I honestly cannot take anyone voiced by Hara Yumi seriously anymore because her voice will forever and always be Senran Kagura's Yumi for me, so now I'm stuck finishing the bow training maps with this dumb smile plastered to my face.

From Ice Queen to desert queen?

• 2 weeks later...

Peony: 

• EN: Ryan Bartley (Ilyana)
  • JP: Azumi Waki (Sanae Katagiri from The Idolmaster Cinderella Girls, Olive Espinosa from Astral Chain)

Triandra

• EN: Lexi Klein (Selkie)
  • JP: Yuka Iguchi (Shelia from Fairy Tail, Index Librorum Prohibitorum from A Certain Magical Index) ("Tobin, Tobin.")

Eyvel

• EN: Caitlyn Elizabeth (Croix from Little Witch Academia, Mai Valentine from Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series)
  • JP: Akemi Okamura (Henry)

Osian

• EN: Brenden McKian (a pseudonym most likely)
  • JP: Taito Ban (Ferdinand von Aegir)

Tanya

• EN: Laura Stahl (Ray from The Promised Neverland)
  • JP: Yumiri Hanamori (Mercedes)

Kempf

• EN: Brandon Winckler (Eugeo from Sword Art Online: Alicization)
  • JP: Manabu Sakamaki (Gangrel, Alois, Kellam)

I tried looking for Osian's VA, Brenden McKian, and I found a singer who does a lot of singing / vocal work for TV shows. His real last name is McCreary, but his TV name is McKian, and he goes under McKianMusic on socials.

• 5 weeks later...

The Heirs of Light banner has come, and so have some new voice actors!

Shannan:

• EN: Ted Sroka (Keaton)
  • JP: Toshiki Matsuda (Cain) 

Altena:

• EN: Morgan Berry (Thirteen from My Hero Academia, Yoshiko Tsushima from Love Live Sunshine)
  • JP:  Haruka Tomatsu (Asuna from Sword Art Online, Zero Two from Darling in the Franxx, Haru Okumura from Persona 5)

Ced:

• EN: Phil Reich (Giorno Giovanna from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind)
  • JP: Gakuto Kajiwara (Asta from Black Clover, Shinra from Fire Force)

Larcei:

• EN: Lizzie Freeman (Thrasir)
  • JP: Atsumi Tanezaki (Faye)

Travant, Plumeria, and Freyja's voiceover artists are not known yet.

7 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

So Lewyn is Japanese Dio, and Ced is English Giorno.

That's kind of hilarious. 😄

I think the casting was unintentional, but that's absolutely hilarious.

Dataminers got to work. Here's the rest of the cast:

Travant:

• EN: Jason Marnocha (Megatron from Transformers: Combiner Wars/Titans Return/Power of the Primes)
  • JP:  Yasunori Matsumoto (Eren Kruger from Attack on Titan, Ryo Hibiki from Sonic Soldier Borgman, Wataru Akiyama from Initial D)

Plumeria:

• EN: Nicole Gose (Pele from Smite, Scream from Ace Combat 7)
  • JP: Yui Horie (Chie Satonaka from Persona 4, Tsubasa Hanekawa from Monogatari)

Freyja's ENG voice actor is still not known as of writing, but his JPN voice actor is supposedly Toru Furuya (Yamcha from Dragon Ball, Amuro Ray from Mobile Suit Gundam)

Ooh. TMS#FE characters. First time they're dubbed too. Shame Encore doesn't have a dub. Not listing the JP voice actors for the idols and Mirage voice actors since they're all reprising.

Eleonora - Jenny Yokorobi (Elice)

Kiria - Megan Harvey (Sue, Phina)

Mamori - Elizabeth Simmons (Larum)

Tsubasa - Kayli Mills (Mareeta, Thea)

21 minutes ago, BZL8 said:

Ooh. TMS#FE characters. First time they're dubbed too. Shame Encore doesn't have a dub. Not listing the JP voice actors for the idols and Mirage voice actors since they're all reprising.

Eleonora - Jenny Yokorobi (Elice)

Kiria - Megan Harvey (Sue, Phina)

Mamori - Elizabeth Simmons (Larum)

Tsubasa - Kayli Mills (Mareeta, Thea)

The only positive out of this banner for me. Finally getting to hear them in English.

Still the No.1 reason I'm not getting TMS.