Voice actors [Scattered Fang complete]

SatsumaFSoysoy

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

....holy crap, it's just dawned on me that Marth finally has an english voice. Will he be voiced by Yuri in future installments of Smash now.....??

EDIT: I've just been informed that this has been the case since the Marth amiibo in Fates lol. Welp. 

Actually it was first heard in Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. 

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg he sounds even girlier than I expected haha. It kinda works, though.

Man it's weird how much of that slipped beneath my notice.... it must be because I don't care about Marth that much =w= whoops

9 hours ago, Elieson said:

025e3f6b40.png

Tatsuhisa Suzuki has voiced an incredible amount of characters, but I never knew he was the [J] voice of Ranulf. Woah!

Thanks for the update, he's been added. Also, that Bing translation is gold.

1 hour ago, The Geek said:

English Marth sounds like Yuri Lowenthal is trying to impersonate Elijah Wood.

I personally think Yuri's performance as Marth in Fates was a bit disappointing. I'm not sure why he feels the need to be overly dramatic; he's not playing to his strengths, in a way.

Fiddled around with the "VA credentials". I figured McCree would definitely be more well-known than Kosugi (Ogma)'s other roles, but his other stuff is amazing.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

On 1/22/2017 at 2:15 PM, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

Anyone else glad we're finally getting Caeda, Cain, Draug and Navarre's voices in English? Because really now that should have happened the moment we got Mirage Sessions.

You mean other than the OVA?

But in all seriousness, I can't wait to hear my favorite Archanea characters to be voiced.

Spoiler

I wouldn't be surprised if we hear the Whitewing trio's VAs reprise their role in Echoes.

Alphonse's kingdom is simply called "ask"? lolwut? Is this some weird translation mistake? It's obvious that Bing is horrible at translating, but yeah. xP

Edited by Anacybele

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Alphonse's kingdom is simply called "ask"? lolwut? Is this some weird translation mistake? It's obvious that Bing is horrible at translating, but yeah. xP

It probably simply screwed up the katakana.

The place is Askr in the English version.  The enemy nation of the game is Emblian.

I don't really put much thought into VAs, actually I normally turn voices off.  I hope we can maintain the CodeGeass jokes with Roy's English VA, I suppose.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

FWIW, Ask is a perfectly valid literal translation because this is where I presumed the Kingdoms' names were taken from.

Edited by pianime94

3 hours ago, pianime94 said:

FWIW, Ask is a perfectly valid literal translation because this is where I presumed the Kingdoms' names were taken from.

I WAS wondering about that, TBH. Nice to see they still have their thing for Norse mythology references, hah.

7 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Fiddled around with the "VA credentials". I figured McCree would definitely be more well-known than Kosugi (Ogma)'s other roles, but his other stuff is amazing.

Actually, speaking of, how come Ricken, Kiragi and Male Corrin aren't listed for Yuri Lowenthal instead of Sasuke, since other FE voice actors do have their FE roles listed?

4 hours ago, Hardin said:

Sharena is being voiced by Maaya Uchida in the Japanese version.

Cheerful and likes to make friends, belongs to a team of people from different worlds, voiced by Maaya Uchida...Sharena is basically the FE version of Hajime from Gatchaman Crowds, which is appropriate.

Edited by AzureSen

Just now, AzureSen said:

Actually, speaking of, how come Ricken, Kiragi and Male Corrin aren't listed for Yuri Lowenthal instead of Sasuke?

Cheerful and likes to make friends, belongs to a team of people from different worlds, voiced by Maaya Uchida...Sharena is basically the FE version of Hajime from Gatchaman Crowds, which is appropriate.

Because I'm dumb, duh

I try to prioritize in-universe examples, but I really don't know that much about the English dubs. Feel free to point stuff like this out.

26 minutes ago, The Geek said:

The role that Maaya Uchida is probably most well known for is Shinobu Oshino from the Monogatari Series.

That's Maaya Sakamoto you're thinking of, not Maaya Uchida.

Edited by AzureSen

8 hours ago, pianime94 said:

Yes, but do we ever use "Ask" as a name in English? I don't think so.

If was changed to Fates for similar reasons, I bet.

That'd be cool if we had more informations about the English dub. Because I doubt we'll have the opportunity to choose anyway, and I don't see many persons having their smartphones in Japanese outside of its borders, so Nintendo (or the voice actors themselves) should reveal more about it.

For now, we have:

• Rena Strober (yeah!), who voices Azura
  • Travis Willingham, who voices Ogma, (possibly Garon, if he's in the game, and Lon'qu)
  • Julie Kliewer, who voices Lilina,
  • Stephanie Sheh (nice to see her back!), who voices Tharja, (possibly Sophie, Beruka, Rhajat and Kjelle)
  • Kaiji Tang , who voices Narcian and Odin, (possibly Shiro and Ignatius),
  • David Vincent, who voices Robin,
  • and maybe Laura Bailey (Lucina), Yuri Lowenthal (Marth), Matt Mercer (Chrom, Ryoma, Azama, Shigure), and others who are shown but don't speak like David Stanbra (Xander, and Kaze, Shura, Sumeragi).
Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

6 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:
  • Kaiji Tang , who voices Narcian, (possibly Odin, Shiro and Ignatius),

Kaiji Tang has confirmed on Twitter that he'll voice Odin.

I wonder if that means Owain isn't in the game from the get-go.

Just now, Thane said:

Kaiji Tang has confirmed on Twitter that he'll voice Odin.

I wonder if that means Owain isn't in the game from the get-go.

Oh right, thanks for the confirmation, I'll edit this. Yeah, this is the same impression I have, we did not see any children outside of Lucina (but she's different).

2 hours ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

That'd be cool if we had more informations about the English dub. Because I doubt we'll have the opportunity to choose anyway, and I don't see many persons having their smartphones in Japanese outside of its borders, so Nintendo (or the voice actors themselves) should reveal more about it.

For now, we have:

• Rena Strober (yeah!), who voices Azura

Go root for her on Twitter :)

7 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Go root for her on Twitter :)

I don't have a twitter account unfortunately, but I follow her (manually), and I think she's a great person. She really looks nice, and she fights for what she believes in (women rights, etc), despite her rather small popularity for now and the reprisal she may have for that. 

Are you certain that Lani Minella (voiced Pit in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Earthbound's Lucas as heard in the Super Smash Bros. series) voiced Lyn for Fire Emblem Heroes? Lyn's English voice in Fire Emblem Heroes (from the little heard from her in the trailer) sounds drastically different from how Minella voiced Lyn in the English version of Super Smash Bros. Brawl/4 (in Smash Bros., Lyn sounds much older than how a 15-19 year old girl typically sounds).

Makiko Ohmoto also provides the voice of Viridi in the Japanese version of Kid Icarus Uprising and Super Smash Bros. 4 as well as Earthbound's Ness as heard in the Super Smash Bros. series.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I feel like trying to guess what voice actors would fit which characters. 

Like for example in Sacred Stones I always felt like:

Franz - voiced by Spike Spencer (Shinji Ikari and he is known for doing timid characters)

Lute - voiced by Kate Higgins (C.C. from Code Geass)

Joshua - voiced by Steven Blum (Spike Spiegel from Cowbody Bebop)

Lyon (dark evil version mainly) - voiced by John Burgmeier (Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho)

So yeah I can only wish, but now at least  I'll know what they sound like when reading the dialogue when I revisit the games.