Voice actors [Scattered Fang complete]

SatsumaFSoysoy

JP Seiyuus:

Ares: Kazuyuki Okitsu (Jonathan Joestar from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)

Lene: Mikako Takahashi (Olwen)

Ishtar: Mai Kadowaki (Myrrh)

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, BZL8 said:

Ares: Kazuyuki Okitsu (Jonathan Joestar from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)

With this addition, the mainline Joestar family (Joseph, Jotaro, Jolyne) are now all in the game. Josuke and Giorno are still missing, which is perhaps fitting.

Only Robbie Daymond strikes a bell here, and it’s a interesting change of pace from the more youthful, nasally males he does. I don’t know know the ladies from adam, though Lene sounds cute while Ishtar is... okay, I guess. 

30 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm having a very hard time wrapping my head around Kadowaki Mai as Ishtar.

Yeah, she's definitely not known for voicing that type of girl, and she doesn't sound like herself at all lol.

19 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Who's that? Some nobody probably.

Same voice as Myrrh. Also Illyasviel from Fate.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yeah, she's definitely not known for voicing that type of girl, and she doesn't sound like herself at all lol.

I'm trying to imagine Ishtar doing Illya's "hweh?" sound, and... yeah...

Credits updated. Info is based on what the dataminers were gathering, so some stuff might be wrong.

Helbindi:

JP: Kazuya Nakai (Toushirou Hijikata from Gintama)

EN: Raymond K. Essel

Julius:

JP: Takahiro Sakurai (Lukas, Eliwood)

EN: Griffin Burns (Akira Fudo from Devilman Crybaby)

Edited by BZL8
Update

From what's been determined, "Raymond K. Essel" might be an alias for Jalen K. Cassell. A couple roles I know him from are Krishna (SMTIV: Apocalypse) and Junya Kaneshiro (Persona 5).

Now that's not official right now. Still being discussed at BTVA.

9 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

From what's been determined, "Raymond K. Essel" might be an alias for Jalen K. Cassell. A couple roles I know him from are Krishna (SMTIV: Apocalypse) and Junya Kaneshiro (Persona 5).

Now that's not official right now. Still being discussed at BTVA.

Oh wow, Jalen is exactly who I was thinking would voice this guy. Even so though, Helbindi sounds an awful lot like Richard Epcar. It doesn't help matters that this alias shares the same first letters. Raymond (Richard) K Essel (Epcar).

That wouldn't even be first someone was credited on his or her real name for some characters, but not do so for others. Wendee Lee was uncredited for Brave Lyn but used her name again for the Love Abounds version. Cam Clarke was credited under Delem Donaldson for Hinata, but oddly used his real name for Corrin and Arthur (and even did so again for New Year's Corrin).

Edited by Larverto

We have a "Devilman Crybaby" reunion on our hands with Cristina, Kyle, and now Griffin in the English version. And I just learned that Griffin also voices the Fate/Grand Order protagonist in "First Order". A little voice acting joke there, Nintendo? 

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Sanaki's voice actress changed to someone named Sara Beth, and I have no idea who she is, and can't find anything on her.

I really miss Erin Fitzgerald. Olwen#2 and Sanaki#2 just don’t sound the same.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

They sound rather bad, to be honest lol.

I won’t say they sound bad, that their performance isn’t on par with Fitzgerald’s. I grew quite fond of Alexis Tipton’s Lucinas and find her different but similar in quality to Laura Bailey’s Lucinas, but Fitzgerald’s replacements… aren’t as on point.

Looks like Sara Beth is a pseudonym at this rate. Sanaki did sound a little weird, but it wasn’t anything I got upset about. 

And rip Erin Fitzgerald. It’s possible she’ll never voice another character again thanks to these damn unions.

55 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

They sound rather bad, to be honest lol.

Hey man, don't you talk about my Sonya alt like that. :p

49 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I won’t say they sound bad, that their performance isn’t on par with Fitzgerald’s. I grew quite fond of Alexis Tipton’s Lucinas and find her different but similar in quality to Laura Bailey’s Lucinas, but Fitzgerald’s replacements… aren’t as on point.

They're trying to have two different people imitate Erin Fitzgerald's voice and her performances as Olwen and Sanaki. Imitating someone's voice is already a difficult thing to do and doubly so if that's not something the voice actor focuses on. This is all speculation, but I don't think Tara Sands or Sara Beth are like James Arnold Taylor who specializes or is very skilled at imitating other people's voices. James Arnold Taylor notably imitates Ewan McGregor for Obi-Wan Kenobi in the animated series of Star Wars. Tara Sands's Olwen just sounds like Sonya trying to sound like Olwen to me and I don't remember what Erin Fitzgerald's Sanaki sounds like, so I can't say for sure on Sara Beth. I have a feeling that Sara Beth isn't trying to imitate Erin Fitzgerald's Sanaki, but at the same time isn't doing her own thing as far as Mick Wingert did with Inigo/Laslow.

They also didn't get lucky as they did with Alexis Tipton for Laura Bailey and Patrick Seitz for Travis Willingham or Matthew Mercer if you look at the roles he took over for Troy Baker where they sound similar, naturally or with the voices they have already used, to the people they are taking over. For instance, Alexis Tipton is imitating Laura Bailey for Lucina, but her normal voice also sounds like Laura Bailey.

So, I'm okay with Tara Sands's Olwen, but that's because I like Sonya's voice and her voice in general. That being said, if she and presumably Sara Beth didn't have to imitate Erin Fitzgerald, their performance might have been better even though it would have been jarring for people to hear the same character, but with two different voices that go beyond who's voicing them. Seriously, could you imagine if we had both Liam O'Brien and Mick Wingert's Inigo/Laslow at the same time? And not as an age difference thing where one of them only voices Inigo while the other voices Laslow, but straight up two Laslows sounding completely different in the same game.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, check out this short video of James Arnold Taylor talking about voice impressions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM4RMo0R2Vc.

Edited by Kaden

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Hey man, don't you talk about my Sonya alt like that. :p

They're trying to have two different people imitate Erin Fitzgerald's voice and her performances as Olwen and Sanaki. Imitating someone's voice is already a difficult thing to do and doubly so if that's not something the voice actor focuses on. This is all speculation, but I don't think Tara Sands or Sara Beth are like James Arnold Taylor who specializes or is very skilled at imitating other people's voices. James Arnold Taylor notably imitates Ewan McGregor for Obi-Wan Kenobi in the animated series of Star Wars. Tara Sands's Olwen just sounds like Sonya trying to sound like Olwen to me and I don't remember what Erin Fitzgerald's Sanaki sounds like, so I can't say for sure on Sara Beth. I have a feeling that Sara Beth isn't trying to imitate Erin Fitzgerald's Sanaki, but at the same time isn't doing her own thing as far as Mick Wingert did with Inigo/Laslow.

They also didn't get lucky as they did with Alexis Tipton for Laura Bailey and Patrick Seitz for Travis Willingham or Matthew Mercer if you look at the roles he took over for Troy Baker where they sound similar, naturally or with the voices they have already used, to the people they are taking over. For instance, Alexis Tipton is imitating Laura Bailey for Lucina, but her normal voice also sounds like Laura Bailey.

So, I'm okay with Tara Sands's Olwen, but that's because I like Sonya's voice and her voice in general. That being said, if she and presumably Sara Beth didn't have to imitate Erin Fitzgerald, their performance might have been better even though it would have been jarring for people to hear the same character, but with two different voices that go beyond who's voicing them. Seriously, could you imagine if we had both Liam O'Brien and Mick Wingert's Inigo/Laslow at the same time? And not as an age difference thing where one of them only voices Inigo while the other voices Laslow, but straight up two Laslows sounding completely different in the same game.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, check out this short video of James Arnold Taylor talking about voice impressions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM4RMo0R2Vc.

I feel like they might be trying too hard to make the recasted actors sound like the originals instead of letting them try to make the character their own.

I especially see this problem with Hinoka. I think Cindy Robinson could do her a lot better if not for the fact that it sounds like she's trying to imitate E.G. Daily. Not sure if that's on her or the voice direction.

On 6/5/2018 at 12:45 AM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm greatly amused by how Legault, who fights dirty, is voiced by two heavy zoning characters in Street Fighter. He truly is the lamest fighter.

I would have never guessed Legault would have a deep voice, Yasumoto is a great choice for him.

With the introduction of Linus and Canas, we now have two new VAs who I never heard of, Joe Brogie and Joe Zieja respectively. Not sure if these guys are new or if this is more pseudonym cheekiness.