What are you hoping will happen with the music?

Calling for speculation. As the resident music nerd, I'm wondering what your hopes are with the music system this time around. Do you think we'll get Ablaze versions of old Gaiden tracks? We're now used to getting at least 5-6 new chapter themes in a game, but the original game only had 3. Are you hoping for new tunes?

I'm hoping for a good mix of both. I love the Calm/Ablaze system and hope it becomes a series staple.

If Land of Sorrow sounds as good as Alm's Battle Map, then I'll be happy, but I've said in the Hopes and Fears thread that I'd like Awakening and Fates tracks to reappear as optional for dungeon battles.

I like what I've heard so far and am hoping the rest of the old chiptunes are arranged in a similar fashion to Alm's map theme. Implementation of the Calm/Ablaze system could work and, given that Fire Emblem's map themes are almost always superior to their in-battle themes, might be preferable, but I hesitate to hope for it since I get the feeling they'll want to keep all the old themes. I do think they will add some new music, such as more boss tracks. 

No matter what happens, though, I'll be happy so long as we get great renditions of With Mila's Divine Protection, Land of Sorrow, and the Final Map theme.

Mila's Divine Protection. 

Seriously, cannot count how many times I've heard that song in Brawl and Smash Wii U. A remake of it is something I'm really looking forward to, especially since Alm's battle theme was my #1 song that I wanted to hear remade, and I've already heard it, so yeah.

Edited by Tarastel

I really liked the Gaiden attack theme, so I actually hope we don't get Ablaze stuff.  I have no problem with ablazes, I actually really like the idea and it flows quite well, I just don't want to sacrifice the old attack theme to implement it.

Other than that, exciting arrange of the Final Chapter theme and I'm happy.

10 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Tbh all I need is Mila's Divine Protection.

I hope it can stand alongside the Brawl version in terms of quality. But judging from the recent FE ost's I shouldn't be worried.

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

I hope it can stand alongside the Brawl version in terms of quality. But judging from the recent FE ost's I shouldn't be worried.

You can't screw that song up. It's too godlike to fall.

12 hours ago, InfinityAlex said:

If Land of Sorrow sounds as good as Alm's Battle Map, then I'll be happy, but I've said in the Hopes and Fears thread that I'd like Awakening and Fates tracks to reappear as optional for dungeon battles.

Just curious, but why? This is Gaiden, not Awakening / Fates.

I've already heard my favorite track (Alm's map), so I have complete Faith in what they will do with the OST. It would be fun to have an option to toggle the music back and forth between modern and original. Gaiden still has one of my faovrite OSTs!

Honestly, the only thing I want is to see the old Duma battle theme into a more creepy and epic one, since It's my favorite ost of the game.

I also am curious to hear what kind of ost they'll give to Rudolf, considering that, if i remember correctly, he just had the generic boss theme, but I could be wrong in this regard.

13 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I wonder if they will special boss themes to the important bosses outside of Duma (Tozeh, Rudolf and Judah)

I could see them at the very least giving battle themes to Rudolf and Judah. 

8 minutes ago, unique said:

i hope they do battle themes instead of the whole ablaze thing

I hope that they keep battle music as well because I love Gaiden's. However, the battles seem to move a lot faster and there may not be time to do a full transition.

Now that I think about it, it'll be really interesting to see what they do!

1 hour ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Just curious, but why? This is Gaiden, not Awakening / Fates.

I've already heard my favorite track (Alm's map), so I have complete Faith in what they will do with the OST. It would be fun to have an option to toggle the music back and forth between modern and original. Gaiden still has one of my faovrite OSTs!

Just to have the option, really. The soundtracks were great and while I would love to have new compositions too, this allows the team to pad out the in game music selection with very little expense.

A fanmade version of Encounter from Gaiden, which is one of the stranger recruitment themes, but this is really good. Hopefully the version in game is similar to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRfbfNO-jcc

Also, I'm going to find this one... interesting... if it is getting remade.

Edited by Tryhard

30 minutes ago, Crystalized Silver said:

I'm really hoping for a good remix of the final map theme, it's one of the best final map themes in the series

the thing about the final map theme is that it's also the Trouble!/Crisis/Plight! of the game

meaning it plays in like every chapter before a mission starts

so i feel like they'd either have to change the music that plays on the final map, change the music that plays before a chapter starts, or have different arrangements of it for both of those

• 3 weeks later...

With Mila's Divine Protection being like Brawl's but it won't happen. I also want the attack theme to sound great like FE8, instead of the sleep inducing Attack theme from Smash 4.

I'm not too concerned about arrangements, as the few tunes we've heard so far are fairly faithful to the source material even as they expand the duration of the tracks. What I'm more concerned about is new material and whether it will mesh well with the old motifs and Tsujiyoko's writing style. Tonal consistency was a massive issue with Fates' soundtrack, with too many chefs in the kitchen and too many different aesthetic directions yanking the OST around. I fear another soundtrack as disappointing as Fates'.

Do we have any confirmation on who's scoring this game?