SPOILERS Will we see the return of certain characters?

Will we see Legacy Characters in Gaiden?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Will we see Legacy Characters in Gaiden?

• Yes
    • No - they will be replaced by newer FE characters
    • No - they will be replaced by original characters
    • No - they won't be in the game nor replaced with an alternative

Oh I thought it was after, so yeah with all of these explanations Michalis can't be in this game. Sadly, because i love this character! And a remix of Clash of Two would indeed be very awesome. But then, how can Camus be in this game as Sirius? He's with Marth very early and until the end of the game, and all things from Gaiden already happened, that's why he's hidding his identity. Or am i wrong? 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, Camus can't be in this game as Sirius. Since, you know, he didn't take on that identity until his temporary return to Archanea. However, he doesn't need to be in this game as Sirius because he can just play the same role he played in the original Gaiden as Zeke.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

Sorry, you didn't understand what I wanted to say. I asked how Camus could be in New Mystery as Sirius if he was at the same moment in Gaiden as Zeke? Oh yeah I understood, Gaiden is between these games and right after this, New Mystery begin and Camus traveled and hid his identity. I was thinking Gaiden was in the same time ^^ 

Did you not read Zeke's Gaiden ending? It says he regained his memories. As in, memories of his life as Camus. As for why they'd motivate him to travel back to Archanea in disguise...Well, that isn't explicitly explained but it doesn't have to be explained to begin with because his reasons are obvious. Though, it does deserve to be stated that past romantic connections to Nyna, if they factor into it, are not his main motivation.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

No I didn't played Gaiden, this is the only one i couldn't play :)  Yeah it's obvious he has heard from the war against Hardin and the kidnapping of Nyna so he came back ; but I just didn't understand when Gaiden was occuring but now I got it ahah. 

You don't have to play anything to research this kind of information on the Internet. Also, "the war against Hardin" has only officially and properly began as such when the new Archanean League of Archanea, Aurelis and Gra conquers Altea, as told be Caeda at the end of Chapter 4 of FE3/12. Thus, his reasons for coming back as Sirius have nothing to do with some "war against Hardin" and everything to do with checking on the state of things in the aftermath of the War of Shadows across all of the Seven Kingdoms of Archanea in general and in Grust in particular.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

Camus clearly knew that Gharnef held the Grustian royal twins hostage during the war of shadows. And Lorenz didn't. It explains so much about their characters. It adds another reason why Camus doesn't betray Grust. It explains why he chooses to return after his memories return after the events of Gaiden. It explains why he's found near them and immediately joins Ogma. It also explains why Lorenz is willing to trade his life for the twins. He betrayed the king and sided against Grust during the previous war but if he didn't know about the whole situation and found out later, it explains why he's so devoted to them.

As for the topic, I don't see any reason why the characters from Archanea wouldn't return in Echoes. There is no reason to remove them or replace them with OCs. Will we see more characters return? I think that's unlikely to happen.

Oh really, I can search informations on the internet? Thanks, I didn't know what was the internet for. I obviously searched it and read everything about Fire Emblem when i had free time. I was just mistaken by a post from a thread that was thinking FE2 and FE3 were at the same time, and that's why I was asking about Zeke and Sirius ; not knowing the time between Camus switch these 2 identities. And when I was saying "war against Hardin" it's because he's the "bad guy" from this game ; i played the game and finished it so i know when it started. But Camus heard from what was happening there with Hardin and Lang, so he came back for a few reasons, like the twins, etc... I know.

But yeah, they're not going to cut characters, there's no reason to do this. 

Edited by Metakirby

On 2/2/2017 at 1:48 PM, Ranger Jack Walker said:

Camus clearly knew that Gharnef held the Grustian royal twins hostage during the war of shadows. And Lorenz didn't. It explains so much about their characters. It adds another reason why Camus doesn't betray Grust. It explains why he chooses to return after his memories return after the events of Gaiden. It explains why he's found near them and immediately joins Ogma. It also explains why Lorenz is willing to trade his life for the twins. He betrayed the king and sided against Grust during the previous war but if he didn't know about the whole situation and found out later, it explains why he's so devoted to them.

As for the topic, I don't see any reason why the characters from Archanea wouldn't return in Echoes. There is no reason to remove them or replace them with OCs. Will we see more characters return? I think that's unlikely to happen.

This is correct. I'm pretty sure it's made clear somewhere that the whole reason Camus/Zeke came back to Akaneia in the first place, was to make sure Yumina and Yubello are safe. Then he just got caught up in the war and eventually found out about Hardin taking over, Nyna being captured, etc.

@RJ:

I'd just like to point out a little something. The way you worded that first sentence of yours would imply that Camus knowing about the position that Jubelo and Yuliya were in is something that is obvious but not outright confirmed. Except that it was indeed confirmed that he knew about it. The opening of the fourth chapter of the Archanea Chronicles makes that blatantly clear.