Which version of Fire Emblem warriors will you buy?

BalancedPro

Which version?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Nintendo Switch or New 3DS?

7 hours ago, eclipse said:

Switch doesn't fit in my purse.  3DS does (barely).

Carrying cases for the Switch exist, then. And you must have a tiny purse, because I can probably fit both the Switch AND the 3DS in mine together. :P But it would also probably make it pretty heavy and give me shoulder aches, so I'm getting a carrying case for the Switch as well. Which is a reason I wanted that Zelda: Breath of the Wild Master's Edition, but...sigh. Asshole scalpers.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering they didn't sell me on the Switch with no Fire Emblem or Monster Hunter this year I won't be picking one up leaving me with my N3DS.

I'm not really a fan of musou games, most time I spent on one was Warriors Orichi 3 since it was Games with Gold on Xbox One, maybe 6ish hours? just some mindless fun but since I'm not some Japanese History buff I didn't really get all the characters and just grew bored of it, no other musou game I can think of has used a franchise I love, there is a recent Fate one? but not played and then you have Hyrule on the Wii/3DS but I've barely touched the Zelda franchise to care.

I'm curious to see if Fire Emblem Warriors will be enjoyable for me, I know the N3DS will be lacking compared to the Switch but meh, will be my only option of playing and maybe it will run better then Hyrule Warriors did since its a N3DS exclusive they don't have to try limit stuff for O3DS or on the flip side they try push the N3DS too much and it still sucks, we shall see.

Switch. I'm a sucker for flashy visuals in games like this, and I generally prefer console gaming on a big-ass TV screen to the dinky little 3DS screens. The 3DS's increased portability doesn't benefit me much because this isn't the kind of game I'd want to play on my commute anyway.

I would like to purchase both versions just to boost sales for IS in hopes of more FE games. However I'm not sure if I want it for the switch. The NEW 3ds has Hyrule Warriors, and the only diffrence is what? Graphics? Plus I'm in college right now, and I don't want to take a home console to school with me. I'd much rather take a handheld.

I voted for Both, but I am not 100% sure yet.

It really depeneds. If the 3DS will have different characters and DLC, I might get it. But if I am able to get all that on the Switch(without buying the 3DS version) I will only get the Switch version. If I need the 3DS version to get all the stuff of the 3DS on the Switch, I'd buy the 3DS version and never play it. XD I'm probably taking my Switch everywhere anyways, so I don't really need another portable version.

But even if you can get all 3DS stuff on the Switch, I maaaaay buy the 3DS version anyways just because.

Like for me it's both...Eventually. Screw getting a switch at launch even for this, I'll get it on New3DS and then when the switch drops in price and games come out for it then I'll get that version.

Essentially the rule of "Don't get a console at launch anymore" has killed that version straight away.

I have no reason to get a Nu3DS, and with this, Xenoblade 2, FE15, and Monster Hunter basically guaranteed, I'm getting a Switch. Not at launch, of course; FE Warriors will probably be my first game for it.

New 3ds version. I am not planning on buying the Switch just yet. Its current line up isnt all that promising to me. I am looking more at a late this year early next year purchase, so Warriors will be on the New 3ds for me.

As much as I would love to buy both, I really don't think I can justify the cost. For now I'm planning on getting the Switch version, since the larger screen will make it easier for me to see and understand what's going on.

Since I managed to pre-order (and pay off) one of those Blue/Red Nintendo Switches, I'll be getting Fire Emblem Warriors for the Nintendo Switch only unless the New Nintendo 3DS version features something that won't be found in the Nintendo Switch version that I find worth it..however, just for the sake of being a fan, I still may buy the New Nintendo 3DS version at a later date. I mean, thanks to the Nintendo Switch being a Hybrid System, I don't have the excuse of portability to go with like I did with Hyrule Warriors Legends nor does there seem to be the excuse of extra storylines and characters neither.

On 1/21/2017 at 3:27 PM, saisymbolic said:

Probably the Nintendo Switch. While I do have a N3DS, I'm skeptical of Warrior type games on handheld consoles. 

To be honest, Hyrule Warriors Legends did it fairly well, at least on the New Nintendo 3DS, so its likely that Fire Emblem Warriors will work fairly well too.

On 1/22/2017 at 8:52 AM, Anacybele said:

Carrying cases for the Switch exist, then. And you must have a tiny purse, because I can probably fit both the Switch AND the 3DS in mine together. :P But it would also probably make it pretty heavy and give me shoulder aches, so I'm getting a carrying case for the Switch as well. Which is a reason I wanted that Zelda: Breath of the Wild Master's Edition, but...sigh. Asshole scalpers.

Yeah, that Carrying Case based on the Sheikah Slate was part of my primary reason for pre-ordering the Special Edition for Breath of the Wild (the Master Edition honestly didn't really sway me to pay even more since I didn't care about the Wear-Tear-&-Rust Master Sword). It'll be a good case for it too since Fire Emblem and The Legend of Zelda are always fighting for my favorite Nintendo series (and favorite series overall along with Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, and Persona..since its a 5-way Tie for the most part). Now if they end up releasing a Fire Emblem case as well, I guess I'll have two cases lol.

1 hour ago, Deva Ashera said:

Since I managed to pre-order (and pay off) one of those Blue/Red Nintendo Switches, I'll be getting Fire Emblem Warriors for the Nintendo Switch only unless the New Nintendo 3DS version features something that won't be found in the Nintendo Switch version that I find worth it..however, just for the sake of being a fan, I still may buy the New Nintendo 3DS version at a later date. I mean, thanks to the Nintendo Switch being a Hybrid System, I don't have the excuse of portability to go with like I did with Hyrule Warriors Legends nor does there seem to be the excuse of extra storylines and characters neither.

To be honest, Hyrule Warriors Legends did it fairly well, at least on the New Nintendo 3DS, so its likely that Fire Emblem Warriors will work fairly well too.

Yeah, that Carrying Case based on the Sheikah Slate was part of my primary reason for pre-ordering the Special Edition for Breath of the Wild (the Master Edition honestly didn't really sway me to pay even more since I didn't care about the Wear-Tear-&-Rust Master Sword). It'll be a good case for it too since Fire Emblem and The Legend of Zelda are always fighting for my favorite Nintendo series (and favorite series overall along with Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, and Persona..since its a 5-way Tie for the most part). Now if they end up releasing a Fire Emblem case as well, I guess I'll have two cases lol.

I hope for a FE case too I preorder the SE of Zelda BotW so this would be great.

N3DS. I'm not hopping on the switch and nothing is truly as portable as the N3DS (unless it's the old DS lite haha).

HWL was awesome on the N3DS, having played both versions. I'm confident this will be even better now that they have experience with the platform.

It's going to look amazing on Switch, but I don't have the money for one. 

I agree that HWL was surprisingly good on 3DS. It ran really smooth. I haven't played too much of it yet, but from what I've seen, it's been really good. 

The New 3DS version is going to suck. So I'm going to wait until I get the Switch far later this year and buy Warriors along with it.

Edit: Hmm... Hyrule Warriors Legends ran well on New 3DS? Then probably both. Can't change my vote, sadly.

Edited by Gima

5 hours ago, Gima said:

The New 3DS version is going to suck. So I'm going to wait until I get the Switch far later this year and buy Warriors along with it.

Edit: Hmm... Hyrule Warriors Legends ran well on New 3DS? Then probably both. Can't change my vote, sadly.

Yeah, while how good the graphics are depends on who you ask (I loved the graphics, some think they sucked), the game itself ran well for a portable version of Hyrule Warriors when played on a New Nintendo 3DS, not much, if any, slowdown just like the Wii U version. It was only when it was played on the original 3DS that it would dip into 15 Frames or Under.
That said, there were less enemies on-screen at any given moment then the Wii U version had, but that's to be expected.

As such, while I do think the Nintendo Switch version of Fire Emblem Warriors will be superior, since it seems that both versions will be identical content-wise, the game itself should run just fine on New Nintendo 3DS hardware. I may end up getting both at some point simply because I have a thing for PS2/Gamecube-era style graphics like most 3DS games have.

3DS version. I am not completely sold on the Switch yet, and the current line up of games isnt very interesting to me. So I will be waiting to get the Switch till either late this year or early next, which is after Warrior's release.