Which version of Fire Emblem warriors will you buy?

BalancedPro

Which version?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Nintendo Switch or New 3DS?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither.

Not sure if I'll buy the game, since I heck sure didn't buy SMT x FE. I'm going to buy the Switch after a price drop / whenever Fire Emblem Switch comes out. So I'll assess Fire Emblem Warriors then---I don't own a New 3DS so that isn't an option.

Assuming there's no major gameplay differences between the two, it'll be on the Switch. By the time this game even comes out, I'll have bought the Switch for Splatoon 2 anyways, so I might as well pick it up for the higher quality console. Er, regarding graphics.

If the N3DS one has better gameplay features and/or other interesting features like HW compared to HWL, it'll probably be that one instead. I do love my N3DS afterall.

Although honestly, this game isn't super high on my priority list.

On 1/21/2017 at 0:19 PM, BalancedPro said:

I honestly will buy both version because I like to support the series. 

Likewise, but my 3DS copy will most likely stay sealed. Mostly because of the hack job Koei Techmo did for the 3DS port of Hyrule Warriors. I just felt that the CPU, or even the RAM chips are just not powerful enough yet in those handhelds to actually generate a large sum of people on screen at once. When I played Fire-Rod Link in HW on 3DS, I can remember just killing a bunch of random mobs that just appeared directly in front of me, or on my side, versus seeing them off in the distance, and making plans, or plotting how I was going to massacre the enemies ahead. Instead, I was just killing things as they were generated on screen, lol. But the WiiU version of HW was fan-flipping-tastic, and continue to play it to this day. 

Long story short, I have very big hopes for the Fire Emblem Warriors for the Switch, and quite frankly, fan girling it out over here for the game. But the 3DS version, not so much.

If I get a Switch, I'll only be getting the Switch version.

I see no reason to upgrade to a New 3DS and IMO, I believe that the New 3DS's limitation will cause the 3DS version to not be as good as the Switch version.

Though, of coarse me getting a Switch is still unknown as of this point so I may not even get the game.

I only have an old 3DS, so switch. Not that I have a switch or will get one soon, but I will buy one eventually and I'll get FE Warriors then.

I tend to prefer to get my Warriors games for handheld though, but I guess I can just pretend the switch is a handheld when it comes to this.

Now that I caved and got a switch, I'm changing my answer likely to "both", but still definite for the N3DS camp.

With the knowledge that save data can't be backed up on the switch and that data doesn't save to carts, does that influence anyone else's decision? I mean, it's easy to drop hundreds of hours in to a warriors game, and I'd hate to lose that much if the data on the switch craps out. I've had a motherboard in a 3DS go bad, but lost nothing because it was all saved to carts, SD cards, etc.

Anyone who had the original Wii go bad on them knows that if the board fails, there goes your data no if-ands-or-buts.

I'm putting up with it because Butt of the Wild is that good, but given the two options with Emblem Warriors, I think I'll be playing the 3DS version more just because of that.

Probably on 3ds since I sold mine a week before Echoes was announced thinking "nah 3ds won't get big games anymore", so I've got to buy another one.

But if I don't feel like buying fe warriors before christmas I might take it on switch. Never really liked playing warriors games on handheld :/

On 1/21/2017 at 4:43 PM, EricaofRenais said:

This I still have my Awakening 3DS and since I will need a NS for this game and FE16 Switch version for me.

You and me both. I will get a Switch as soon as FE Warriors drops in the Fall.

Here's hoping for a bundle.

7 hours ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Now that I caved and got a switch, I'm changing my answer likely to "both", but still definite for the N3DS camp.

With the knowledge that save data can't be backed up on the switch and that data doesn't save to carts, does that influence anyone else's decision? I mean, it's easy to drop hundreds of hours in to a warriors game, and I'd hate to lose that much if the data on the switch craps out. I've had a motherboard in a 3DS go bad, but lost nothing because it was all saved to carts, SD cards, etc.

Anyone who had the original Wii go bad on them knows that if the board fails, there goes your data no if-ands-or-buts.

I'm putting up with it because Butt of the Wild is that good, but given the two options with Emblem Warriors, I think I'll be playing the 3DS version more just because of that.

It's always a possibility for them to add the ability to move save data. I feel like it'd be a no-brainer to add in an update, since the only thing keeping you from accessing and moving save data is just the system's software. If they do this, then there'd be no reason to not get it for the Switch in this case.

But... it's Nintendo. Asking them to do something that makes sense and is consumer friendly is like asking them to put Master Chief in Smash.

Edited by Slumber

None for the time being. If I ever get a Switch, and there's no sequel/revision/etc. out, then I might end up picking up that version. But I have less than zero interest in the new 3DS.

While I have a N3DS but considering what game it's and I don't play these kind of games on the go and I'm more of a sucker on visuals in  this case considering I'll probably just play Warriors for the fan service and mindless fun, so Switch it is.

Although I'll probably buying Switch when FE Switch releases so no Switch this year. I always wait at least one year before buying a new system since I want to know what other games are coming out. 

I already need to buy the Switch for Zelda, so I want to have some games for it. And multiplayers are always great to have on a console.

And I also don't have a New 3DS and Hyrule Warriors on the old one didn't work that great.

It really depends on the content of both versions... if it's the same, I'd probably lean toward the Switch version. I did play Hyrule Warriors Legends extensively and had no issues with it, but Warriors games tend to be better on more powerful hardware (not that I'm really a fan of the ridiculous seas of peons modern Warriors games tend to have compared to the earlier games in the series.)