Let's count who ACTUALLY played FE2 before the remake was announced

21 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Literally watching it right now. Because of how dated it is, it's hard for me to play but I enjoy watching it with he and his friends' commentary.

I just remembered. I think Tryhard was one of Ray's friends on that commentary. As well as Melissa (I don't remember what her name up here is)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

I just remembered. I think Tryhard was one of Ray's friends on that commentary. As well as Melissa (I don't remember what her name up here is)

yeah, Kelsper, over a year back on that LP now I think

Melissa is somewhere on these forums but doesn't post much outside of RP section

Edited by Tryhard

I played it to completion one year ago. I still call BS on it's "fun enough for everyone to try once" and think it should be amended to "mapmakers only should try it once". I remember it being more annoying than hard, and the highlights never managed to outweigh the foul depths of the map design. 

W̶a̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶t̶e̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶e̶m̶b̶l̶e̶m̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶6̶?̶!̶?̶

I know this is closed minded but I can't play lower than the gba since they're too old and less polished, but maybe I'll try gaiden to see the difference for the remake and I can say I played the older games and the newer ones ruins the series. Much hip

i played it a while back and thought it was terrible, even for its time

i picked it up again a few days back and had a ton of fun and i loved it

it was really fun once my characters were actually good since there's so much more variety in what they can do than in a lot of the other games

a lot of the music is also really nice and interesting 

i am looking forward to the remake a lot more now

I knew Gaiden existed before the FE Direct and I knew who the protagonists were. I also kind of knew the plot, let's say that I realized the trailer was about Gaiden the moment thei mentioned Duma and Mila. I started playing it after the Echoes announcement and I'm currently at Chapter 3. I've had a hard time getting used to graphics and gameplay, but I'm actually enjoying it right now.

Like some of you said however, it really didn't age that well and feels very dated. I'm very curious to see how they will manage certain game mechanics in the remake. I think there is no need to over modernize it, it just has to be polished and expanded.

Been there, done that a few months ago.

It was... okay. I got about a third of the way through before I got bored? The game hadn't aged well at all, and while I wanted to enjoy it, I knew the whole time that I'd be happier playing any of the games that came after it. Hopefully, IS drags it into the modern gaming world, but we'll see.

I've played it twice would have been more but my first attempt was aborted due to the magic glitch. Both completed playthroughs were with the non glitched translation 

I've already preordered it XD

Edited by iavasechui

Beat it back in 2005 on the ancient buggy J2E patch. I actually managed to find my old save files/savestates on my HD, still working once I redownloaded a newer version of FCE Ultra.

Gaiden had a lot of weird/novel ideas that were interesting to play around with, but the lack of UI/mechanics polish got really bad at times. A couple of maps with summoners or bigles took me ridiculous amounts of time to finish. I'd never replay Gaiden from scratch, but I am hopeful that a remake can fix all of its serious issues while keeping the quirky elements like personalized spell lists.

Oh yeah, I also managed to get TWO rare drops, an Astra Lance and a Dracoshield. The latter completely broke the game when I equipped it on Dyute, IIRC the final boss was the only enemy that did more than one damage to her.

Edited by hinode

I beat it around a year ago and had a lot of fun, but also I abused grinding and the Angel Ring to the point where there was borderline no challenge to the endgame, so I'm looking forward to playing Echoes more seriously.

Beat it over a year ago. Was a really nice game...if you don't count the summoners. They are complete and utter BS that ruins the game, which will hopefully get either completely removed or drastically changed in Echoes.

I started playing it last year, and kinda liked it. Unfortunately, I then decided to play FE1 first, and then Fates came out, so I haven't finished Gaiden and probably won't before SoV comes out.

I think it's seriously good given its platform. I just wish it had better maps.

I mean, I tried like, 5 minutes of it if that counts. I literally cannot find any decent English patch for any FE game prior to Binding Blade and I'd like to actually understand what's happening

So in other words, no. I didn't play it. Though I'm excited for Echoes.