Let's count who ACTUALLY played FE2 before the remake was announced

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive played a bit of it... tbh I used a cheap (i.e free on a website) free internet emulator... and I could barely make out half the words since they were all in coding... so ummm... I played it!... anyways I wonder if there will be a Avatar this time around... we know at least there is one new character since Alm's beginning party has 4 villagers... in the original he only had 3.... and none of them were female... is it a Avatar character similar to Kris? or someone new? who knows!

I'm really excited for this game however 

I have. I got to about Chapter 3. I recently picked it up again, finished the battle I was stuck on and remembered there were 4 or so other battles I was having trouble with on the map.

I might soldier on and try to complete it, though I kind of want to hold off so I can enjoy Shadows of Valentia to its fullest.

Nope. Never played this one.

This is the only fire emblem I've never played, and I have absolutely no interest in playing the original.

I think it's mostly because the original artwork was so very bad. I just... no. Nope. No interest.

I mean, for all I know, it may be fantastic, but I just don't have the time. If I had the time, I'd finish TearRing Saga now that the new patch is out.

Edited by dragonlordsd

I've played Gaiden for a bit. I wanted to like it, but the fact that I had to go in and manually end each turn was a bit of a turn off for me. What I played of it though, I ABSOLUTELY loved. I've always said, "If someone could make it so that the game would end your turn automatically after moving all your dudes, I'd love it." It seems like they're adding it into Echoes, so it's an instant buy for me.

I actually vaugely remember playing the first hour or so a long, LONG time ago ... but I didn't really understand what was happening, other than that I was fascinated by the random promotions. I also remember a mercenary that was impossible to kill. I didn't even realize it was Gaiden until after I got into FE years later.

So ... technically yes, but not really. I didn't make any progress.

Had the first ten episodes of Ghast's blind LP on as background noise just a week before the direct. Wanted to know the origin of the #justplaygaiden, and thought it was legitimately sarcasm until I saw him pretty much crying at the announcement. Didn't seem like a game anybody could cite as their favorite.

I don't have an interest in playing it myself. Seems like a pretty shameless FF1 rip. Having to spend health to cast magic is probably the result of them not knowing how to program a second "mana" bar. And that level design looks like an amateur hour ROM hack.

A friend (@disjunct.ion) and I played through Gaiden last year. We would play every Friday while drinking and take turns being the one who actually controlled things. It certainly made for an amusing experience! I thought it was a blast and I'm definitely looking forward to playing it again. If it weren't for the remake, I would probably have planned to play the older version again sometime this year on my own to experiment more with different classes and characters and such. It's quirky game but fun. I actually thought the HP/Magic system was perfectly fine in practice; bad maps and UI are my biggest complaints.

I played the game through to about midway through Chapter 3, and honestly enjoyed it quite a bit! Sadly, I lost my save file when my old computer was busted, but I may pick it up again soon! I do recall enjoying it quite a good deal when I played it~