Mural Classes

On the Duma vs. Mila mural we can see numerous fighters that can potentially become classes in the game. Do you guys think classes similar to Fates' Kinshi Knight or Awakening's Griffon Riders will return? I'd love for some class diversity to be added to SoV, especially as Gaiden so greatly lacked in that regard. A Kinshi Knight variant may not be a very good idea if bow users still have 1-5 range with a bow equipped though...

How faithful are they staying though? I find it really difficult to believe that a modern FE game will use Gaiden's outdated mechanics. I think its very likely that axes will be added to the game, so that already will warrant for new classes. Same with Magic no longer being casted through HP.

Hmmmmm....those are some good points. Not to mention the fact in FE12 that they added characters that weren't in the original like Barst. Now that I think about it, maybe there will be new classes.

I hope so. There's already a new character in Efi or whatever her name is in the trailer. IS is likely going to be adding new characters like Norne or Athena. Also, current Valentia/Valm apparently has Dragon Knights, so IS could play off of that and introduce them to SoV.

Edited by Paison

1 minute ago, Paison said:

There's already a new character in Efi or whatever her name is in the trailer.

Plus there could also be a new minor antagonist based on the new artwork.

Slight change of topic.

One of my biggest gripes with Gaiden's balance issues is due to the inherent advantage ranged units have over single range melee units. In Gaiden, a max stat Gold Knight is naturally inferior to a max stat Bow Knight because the Bow Knight has incredible range. Being able to counter attack melee and ranged strikes is overpowered. Why bother having single-range melee classes if you just have a really good archer?  

I think that the bows will have to be reworked in this entry. I highly doubt that we will be seeing 1-5 range bows.  We did see the 1 range bow in the trailer, but it could have been a mini-bow equivalent. We don't know yet. 

Probably some of the more normal classes, but probably not all of the special classes introduced in Fates. I don't see stuff like Orochi, Kinshi Knight, ninja, etc. making the final cut. Possibly griffon rider, but I think they're going back to the necessities with this one. Potentially dark mages, griffon knights, and axe-wielding classes, and I'd be hyped if there was a dark pegasus. I want to make the Whitewing sisters Dark Pegasi just for the sheer irony.

As fun as it is with third tier promotions and I hope they keep it, I feel like they have to add a few more classes if only because it gets repetitive seeing the same kinds of enemies over and over again. 

I'm fine with them limiting the Villager class to five basic promotions, but there should be a few more classes beyond that.

14 hours ago, escotanner said:

It would be interesting if they added new classes, but I highly doubt it since they're staying faithful to the original.

We've hardly seen anything of the game at all. While chip damage, Archers being able to attack in melee range seem to be confirmed - provided it wasn't a Shortbow - and Mages not having to wield Tomes seem to be back, we know there are some dialogue changes and there've been hints of a support system that isn't exclusive to Alm and Celica.

I've said it multiple times, but while I hope they can keep the spirit of the original game - which they seem to be doing with the Mila Shrine promotions and some exploration - I also think not modernizing it enough would be an issue.

If nothing else, they really need to stop reusing so many maps and fix some of the atrocious design decisions. 

I wonder what they'll do with Dread Fighters ad Witches. Will Dread Fighters still be a third tier class? Will Witches be enemy only?

I also wonder of they'll change Alm and Celica's class names to make them more unique maybe have them both be Lords and promote to Prince/Princess rather than Fighter > Hero, Priestess > Princess

5 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

I wonder what they'll do with Dread Fighters ad Witches. Will Dread Fighters still be a third tier class? Will Witches be enemy only?

I also wonder of they'll change Alm and Celica's class names to make them more unique maybe have them both be Lords and promote to Prince/Princess rather than Fighter > Hero, Priestess > Princess

I at least feel like they may rename the hero class for Alm, since it may confuse people. 

On 1/23/2017 at 5:35 PM, Paison said:

I hope so. There's already a new character in Efi or whatever her name is in the trailer. IS is likely going to be adding new characters like Norne or Athena. Also, current Valentia/Valm apparently has Dragon Knights, so IS could play off of that and introduce them to SoV.

What trailer, and or announcement was that in? I've only watched the Direct so far.

2 hours ago, Christianguy7 said:

What trailer, and or announcement was that in? I've only watched the Direct so far.

The direct trailer where the statue of Mila is shown. Efi is apparently the fourth villager.