Best class for Joshua and Marisa?

I've been playing FE8 lately and I'm currently on chapter 12. I've trained both Joshua and Marisa both to level 20 and I need some advice on what to promote them too. I have an A Rank support for Joshua and Natalie(because his defense is trash) and I'm planning to give Marisa a Joshua support too.

That is all, thanks guys.

I always make them Swordmasters because they don't really look good as assassins, especially Marisa (as she looks like a male one). Besides, Colm is a much better candidate of becoming an assassin.

They also do pretty well as SwordMasters, gaining the critical boost and everythin, iirc

7 hours ago, Eleanor Hume said:

Assassin Marisa fits better to her lower strength growth and her character.

Assassin Marisa's battle sprite looks horrible however. It just..I just...can't. Assassin Joshua looks fine though, I guess. He has red hair, Jaffar had red hair, so they almost look identical.

Swordmaster for both. I'd much rather have a crit boost than an unreliable, and frankly useless, OHKO skill.

On January 24, 2017 at 6:55 AM, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

Both of them should be Swordsmasters while Colm is your Assassin instead. Rennac already fills the role of Rogue so to make Colm one too seems like a waste.

I agree with Refa's point that most people wouldn't bother fielding both of them at the same time, and Rennac's bases smell funny. What is more, Colm's skill growth isn't that good.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Colm is better as a rogue than as an assassin, I think.

Joshua and Marisa are both better as Swordmasters.

I don't care much for Assassins, I guess. The fact that they can't steal is a pretty big mark against them.

Edited by Paper Jam