BS Fire Emblem Bonus Stages - Max Score Playthrough?

What type of playthrough would you be most interested in seeing (select multiple if you want)?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What type of playthrough would you be most interested in seeing (select multiple if you want)?

• Pure TAS
    • LTC + Max Score
    • TAS + Max Score

Having just finished my TAS of Shadow Dragon, I'm thinking of working on this game next (especially since I have the RNG decoded). But before I begin a TAS of the full game, I think it might be interesting to explore some sort of TAS/LTC/Max Score of the bonus BS chapters. Has anyone done anything of the sort before? And would you guys be interested in seeing it, or do you think it will just turn out to be silly?

Edited by ruadath

Er, BS in BSFE just stands for Broadcast Satellite (since it was on the Satellaview Super Famicom addon), not Berwick Saga.

Voted pure TAS, I'd kinda like to see it, if only because I don't understand the scoring system for it and would like to see it broken down.

Edited by Irysa

Yeah. Enemy phase skip makes speedruns and LTCs of any DSFE hard to watch. I would appreciate if you included enemy phase of any run that you do, even a speedrun. THis is called a "speed/entertainment tradeoff". Another good example is the fact that keeping a pokemon's HP in the red in Pokemon RBY skips the cry of any enemy pokemon due to the beeping noise. THis saves time, but no one wants to listen to that beeping. As such, even the TAS skips it.

Well in a pure LTC, I would definitely not skip EPs, but on the other hand I think a pure TAS requires that by nature. In any case, I think I may have to postpone doing any sort of TAS for this game until I can manipulate the initial seed better. Currently I can perform resets at roughly a speed of 1 reset/second, which just isn't fast enough for the level of manipulation I'm hoping to accomplish in a TAS. Should be sufficient for an LTC though...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, here is a TAS/LTC of Episode 1: Fall of the Palace in 2 turns and just over 24 seconds, with 374 points. Not particularly interesting except for the novelty factor, but it's something I guess?

I will probably try and route a Max Score clear as well, which will hopefully be more entertaining.