A slightly different CQ PMU

Sodium Hydroxide

I'm feeling a bit bored, so I guess it's PMU time. The rules are as follows:

• The game is to be played on Hard difficulty, Classic mode. It will start from New Game.
  • Battle and Visit bonuses are banned.
  • DLC is banned.
  • Path bonuses are banned.
  • My Castle features other than the Dusk Armoury, Staff Shop, and Smithy are banned. Weapons may not be forged past +1.
  • The endgame team will include ten first-gen units and five children.
  • Each person may choose either 1 new unit or what will be done with Corrin (i.e gender, name, appearance, Boon/Bane, Talent, spouse, skill [see rule 8]). First in best dressed, and please give the appearance in the form the game gives you when checking if everything's correct.
  • This rule is where my PMU differs from most others: Instead of choosing the final class for a unit, the person who chooses a unit is asked to instead choose a skill their unit can learn (bearing in mind that they can't use Rev supports and possibly not Corrin either). The unit will then be required to learn that skill as soon as practical and carry it through the entire rest of the game. I will choose a final class that I feel fits and/or uses that skill.
  • A unit's chosen skill may not be the level 15 skill of an advanced class, or equivalent.
  • When children are chosen, the person choosing must also select their variable parent (unless it's Corrin's kid, then it's left to the person choosing Corrin's stuff).
  • Units who are not selected may be deployed up to and including Chapter 22, but only to either satisfy forced deployment or provide necessary support levels for a selected unit to exist and/or learn their chosen skill.

Units list:

GENERATION ONE:

1. Batta (Corrin): Male, +Str - Skl, Oni Savage Talent, skill is Death Blow, and will marry Peri. Appearance: Build 2, Face 4, Hair 2, Hair Colour 24, no facial feature. Chosen by Hylian Air Force. Final class will be Blacksmith, to stay in the Oni tree and still have Yato (plus Salvage Blow can't hurt either).
  2. Luna!Arthur (chosen by eclipse, final class will be Paladin as it's both mounted [to fit Luna being learnt by a horse class] and still relates to his justice obsession).
  3. Lunge!Elise (chosen by Jeheza, final class will be Malig Knight because innate magic stat + wyvern for lunge). I must say, thank you for choosing this, I love Wyvern Elise.
  4. HP+5!Camilla (chosen by joshcja, final class will be Berserker to make best use of innate Axes and be in the skill's class tree).
  5. Lethality!Beruka (chosen by Anomalocaris, final class will be Master Ninja because it fits Lethality). By the way, another great choice, as Lethality fits Beruka's character so well.
  6. Sol!Benny (chosen by deskita, final class will be Berserker to utilise Benny's apparently high skill with innate crit).
  7. Lucky7!Odin (requested by Enemy Stand, final class of Adventurer because Pass, Staves, skill).
  8. Vantage!Leo (requested by by twistedxgrace, final class will be Swordmaster to best fit the tree and also get Swordfaire on him).

SECOND GENERATION:

1. Sol!Mozu!Ophelia (chosen by Almerson, final class will be Dark Knight to use both her innate magic and the swords/Sol from Hero). Aptitude will be inherited.
  2. Darting Blow!Selena!Soleil (chosen by Ether, final class will be Falcon Knight because it fits the Darting Blow tree and I may need staves).
  3. Rally Strength!Jakob!Shigure (chosen by Alto, final class will be Hero because I don't have one yet). 
  4. Gentilhomme!Charlotte!Ignatius (chosen by CrimeanRoyalKnight, final class will be Butler to be in the class tree, use Str and have staves).

REQUIRED PAIRINGS:

• Batta x Peri
  • Camilla x Keaton
  • Beruka x Kaze
  • Benny x Charlotte
  • Odin x Mozu
  • Selena x Laslow
  • Jakob x Azura
  • Shigure x Velouria

Once all fifteen units are selected I'll start a playlog of their adventure. I tend to play fairly slowly and defensively, but I'll keep a tally of my turncounts anyway because why not. I hope you all enjoy the selection process and the playthrough that follows.

Edited by Sodium Hydroxide

Sol!Mozu!Ophelia

Also, would you transfer Aptitude on to her or not? Just curious.

Use Ignatius with Charlotte as his mother. Give him Mademoiselle.

I believe you mean Demoiselle.

Edited by Almerson

The Ignatius one is actually impossible, at least on PAL (which I'll be playing), because Demoiselle legitimately becomes Gentilhomme when I attempt to make a male child inherit the former. The rest are all quite interesting, though. 

EDIT: I can do Gentilhomme Ignatius, however.

Edited by Sodium Hydroxide

10 hours ago, Sodium Hydroxide said:

The Ignatius one is actually impossible, at least on PAL (which I'll be playing), because Demoiselle legitimately becomes Gentilhomme when I attempt to make a male child inherit the former. The rest are all quite interesting, though. 

Can you do me a favor, and have Leo marry Felicia in another file, then have Felicia pass down Demoiselle, with all of her other skills deselected?  There's something I'd like to test.

Oh, and Ophelia can get Sol via A+ Soliel.  Granted, the first two convos suck.

Edited by eclipse

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

Can you do me a favor, and have Leo marry Felicia in another file, then have Felicia pass down Demoiselle, with all of her other skills deselected?  There's something I'd like to test.

Oh, and Ophelia can get Sol via A+ Soliel.  Granted, the first two convos suck.

I started a new file for this purpose, steamrolled with Felicia up to Leo's join map...Then forgot the boss had Countermagic and died to him. Tomorrow, we shall have results.

21 hours ago, Sodium Hydroxide said:

Yeah you can do that. I think a male child inherits Demoiselle only if they are already getting Gentilhomme. I have a vague memory of my Felicia Dwyer having both Gentil and Demoi.

We now have results for Felicia x Leo inheriting onto Forrest.
Time in story: After Ch. 16.
Felicia's skill list: Devoted Partner, Demoiselle.
Leo's skill list: Pragmatic, Heartseeker, Malefic Aura.
Forrest's skill list: Fierce Counter, Res +2, Demoiselle, Gentilhomme, Malefic Aura.

2 hours ago, Sodium Hydroxide said:

We now have results for Felicia x Leo inheriting onto Forrest.
Time in story: After Ch. 16.
Felicia's skill list: Devoted Partner, Demoiselle.
Leo's skill list: Pragmatic, Heartseeker, Malefic Aura.
Forrest's skill list: Fierce Counter, Res +2, Demoiselle, Gentilhomme, Malefic Aura.

This tells me that passing down one of Gentilhomme/Demioselle to a child that normally wouldn't learn it will work if and only if the child starts off with the gender-appropriate one.  The Forrest thing works on NA, since I did that for giggles.  There's one more edge case, but i'll test that on my own.

What does this mean for your topic?  Gentilhomme/Demoiselle must take into account the child's gender, should he/she be chosen for it.  The exceptions are Forrest and Dwyer, but that means their mother must be Felicia/Elise/F. Corrin with Troubadour as her talent.

11 minutes ago, eclipse said:

. . .wouldn't Benny get Fighter via Friendship Seal?

. . .Actually, since he has Fighter already, he'd get bupkis.

4 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

. . .Actually, since he has Fighter already, he'd get bupkis.

I'm well aware of Benny's other class.  However, Friendship Seal doesn't care about that.

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I'm well aware of Benny's other class.  However, Friendship Seal doesn't care about that.

Exactly. Which means that the skill needs changing since he's already set to marry Charlotte.