Serious question regarding Warriors

Tolvir

Alright, I really want to ask this question because I am really curious.

Ill be completely honest, I really dont like Warriors games. Something about killing 60+ enemies in a few hits is just too ridiculous for me. Even as a fan of games like Diablo where you are flooded with enemies, I can take only so much ridiculousness. Its what has kept me from playing any Warriors game in the past. Seeing Chrom kill what has to be 100+ soldiers with essentially a shortsword is just too much. I will probably buy it out of a love for Fire Emblem, but it will likely sit on a shelf.

So I am curious what people see in the games. What draws you to Warriors, what makes it fun for you?

Honestly, It is a matter of taste. I personally haven't played a warriors game myself, but I find the concept of single-handedly plowing through hundreds of enemy units quite invigorating. I suppose it might get old fast, but a fairly sized roster of different characters with unique playstyles might remedy that situation. I don't think it would  necessarily be a big hit with most of the fire emblem fanbase as hack and slash is basically as far as you can get from strategy oriented gameplay, but I imagine many people will get it just for the characters and for the sake of supporting the franchise. 

To me, its the sense that while you are very powerful on the field being able to take on hundreds, even thousands of units. you still have an army to watch yourself with. you cant go solo or ignore stratagies or you lose, you have to plan what do you kill on the way, who is worth killing, whats the most effective way to reach your spot fastest while using moves that clears the ememy fast as well. you will never have fun with a warriors game if you only focus on killing hordes of enemies, so thinking about stratagy of what i do in battles really makes me love the games.

Morgan paired with an ally could kill an army of regular soldiers without a break in my file even if she was equipped with joke weapons such as the log.

The long list of weapons, the characters, fighting through massive amounts of soldiers, the difficulty settings, the story, the music, the time period, co-op mode,... Basically everything in the game.

Ok, to me, the absolute main appeal of Warriors is characters, THEN gameplay.
This is why I can't play it more than one hour or less of Warriors (unless I really like the character I am using). It's repetitive and it only gets you if you really like the gameplay. It's not the matter of steamrolling hordes of weaklings, but the tedium of going through boring maps with boring graphics (aside from the beautiful, beautiful characters) along with a rather boring story (unless you like who you are playing as, again) and an unsatisfying battle system. If your battle system only gives me X X X Y type combos to work with I am not going to be amused. Characters tend to be divided in types and those in those types feel samey to play... I prefer to have a smaller cast who all play differently, less focus on the strategy and more on the action. Because really the main point, at least from what I have played, seems to be the light strategy element: aiding allies, getting bases before XYZ does, etc. Sometimes it can get interesting when the outcome of the same battle plays differently, but... yeah... not my thing. I'd rather toy with movesets and get high combos.
However, I'm not even qualified to talk about this since I only play on normal, lol. If you are a Warriors fan you can bonk me on the head now.

SENGOKU BASARA 4EVER

So am I excited for FE Warriors? Not really. I'll probably just look at screenshots and be happy with it, or buy the second version used. Especially since it will probably draw characters from the games in the series I like the least.
I'll tell you though, I dream of playing as Hector and defeating hordes of puny GBA soldiers, or playing as Sigurd on his white steed crushing everything that stands in his way.