Poll Results currently in Japan with 1st Lyn, 2nd Lucina and 3rd Ike at the top

AbsoluteZer0Nova

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not surprised by Lucina or Ike, but Lyn is a shock. I never thought she was all that popular. Definitely not my personal choice for female either. She's a better pick than Lucina though, imo.

I just wish that was RD Ike up there rather than PoR Ike. I love both Ikes, but RD Ike just got even more badass and sexy and he's simply my favorite design in the whole series. Peeps, plz help RD Ike to beat his younger self! :P

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm not surprised by Lucina or Ike, but Lyn is a shock. I never thought she was all that popular. Definitely not my personal choice for female either. She's a better pick than Lucina though, imo.

I just wish that was RD Ike up there rather than PoR Ike. I love both Ikes, but RD Ike just got even more badass and sexy and he's simply my favorite design in the whole series. Peeps, plz help RD Ike to beat his younger self! :P

I think RD Ike isn't liked as much from a character development standpoint because to be fair Ike's character was done in PoR especially since his older and maturer look in RD I think really shows how much of a leader he has become because he reminds me of Greil better there, so I agree with you completely between the two designs. But yeah I'm going to be voting for RD Ike too tomorrow as I go through Tellius characters now that I'm done with my Sacred Stones choices.

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

Yup, I'm not surprised by Lucina or Ike, but Lyn being Number 1 wasn't something I thought I'd see.

Speaking of which, I am interested to see how they handle characters that appear in multiple games. It's even weirder in Genealogy, since Finn appears twice there, in his younger and older forms.

Would be funny if Number 4 was Radiant Dawn Ike or something XD

Already stated my thoughts in the main thread, so stating this here:

I like Lyn, a lot, but I didn't really expect to see her at the top? I could see what people were saying when they said she was bland, and didn't think that most people were going to vote for her. I've voted for her myself, but currently I'm just giving all of the more popular characters the boost...

...Thinking about this a bit more, I want Lyn to win. The counter-counterattack commences.

5 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

I think RD Ike isn't liked as much from a character development standpoint because to be fair Ike's character was done in PoR especially since his older and maturer look in RD I think really shows how much of a leader he has become because he reminds me of Greil better there, so I agree with you completely on his design there. But yeah I'm going to be voting for RD Ike too tomorrow as I go through Tellius characters now that I'm done with my Sacred Stones choices.

I...can't quite grasp exactly what you're saying here, but honestly, I think a lack of development is the only flaw RD Ike has. He still has an entertaining personality as well as an amazing design, imo. And I always figured female fans would generally be more into the muscles, at least out west. :P

Though I also bet some fans vote against him because they think he's a spotlight hog when he really isn't. RD Ike gets too much unnecessary flack for this when it's really Yune that literally takes over Micaiah's spotlight, not Ike. Ike is just the partner in crime.

Some people also still seem to think RD Ike looks like he's on steroids when there are way more serious offenders on that account, even in FE. Seriously, I've seen way bigger muscles before.

Edited by Anacybele

Well that's amazing to know that Lyn was popular enough to get first place. And I thought Hector was more preferred!

Not surprised about Ike or Lucina though, so eh.

Rooting for Lyn to stay first. Unless Sigurd takes the position.

Edited by Flee Fleet!

I'm not surprised by these three, but I do wish other characters that are more interesting were winning (Specifically the master chef himself or Elincia). Out of these three though my favorite definitely has to be PoR Ike because I feel he has much better characterization than Lyn and Lucina.

I'm so glad the poll isn't being dominated by the 3DS era characters, but Lyn being number one is a shock, wasn't she #7 or something in the Rekka no Ken poll? No surprise at Lucina or PoR Ike, I heard that the japanese don't like RD Ike too much, calling him a gorilla in the Smash reveal.

1 hour ago, Book Bro said:

That is awesome! I'm giving votes to Lyn and Ike as well. Hopefully this means Lyn has good odds for placing high in the West as well. I didn't expect her to be so popular in Japan.

Book Bro, the poll is being run internationally.

Not gonna lie, was kinda doing a happy dance seeing this earlier! Seeing Lyn and Ike on there made me so happy(Lucina too, but for different reasons)! It makes my vote for Lyn feel so special! :D:

This honestly makes me wonder who the top 10 characters are! 

...Still crossing my fingers for Elincia(RD) to be high up there(Jill too...maybe Mia)! :Joshua:

58 minutes ago, UdoGudo said:

I'm so glad the poll isn't being dominated by the 3DS era characters, but Lyn being number one is a shock, wasn't she #7 or something in the Rekka no Ken poll? No surprise at Lucina or PoR Ike, I heard that the japanese don't like RD Ike too much, calling him a gorilla in the Smash reveal.

Seeing Lyn that high almost immediately made me EXTREMELY curious to see who the top 10 are! It's anyone's game at this point!

Also, I was quite surprised how many people were shocked to see Ike so buff in his Smash reveal...guess the amount of people who played RD is small(...can't blame them all things considered...good game...so pricey...)

Edited by Busterman64

1 hour ago, UdoGudo said:

Yeah, this is true (I don't see the resemblance though).

That's pretty neat, I hope we'll get to see the results for the Western polls soon as well. It makes me happy to see they're all from three different games, too (and that none of them is from Fates or is named Camilla). At the very least it looks like we'll get some varied calendar pictures!

Let's get some other, older characters up there now as well and we'll have a healthy mix of old and new!

1 hour ago, UdoGudo said:

Reminds me of this piece of fanart here:

egKPQOZ.jpg

Source

Edited by Roflolxp54

2 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

egKPQOZ.jpg

Source

I've never minded Ike being a beefcake, but honestly, I always hated his sprite in Radiant Dawn; he just looks dead inside, and that's only cemented when he bloody leaves forever at the end of the game. Way to be a big brother, Ikey.

1 minute ago, Thane said:

I've never minded Ike being a beefcake, but honestly, I always hated his sprite in Radiant Dawn; he just looks dead inside, and that's only cemented when he bloody leaves forever at the end of the game. Way to be a big brother, Ikey.

I honestly wonder why he left in the first place...he seemed fine with the life of a mercenary. 

1 minute ago, Busterman64 said:

I honestly wonder why he left in the first place...he seemed fine with the life of a mercenary. 

It's a popular trope , which makes sense in some stories and for some characters, but Ike pretty much just dumped his father's legacy, his friends and his family out of the blue in an epilogue, which never sat well with me.

12 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

egKPQOZ.jpg

Source

Holy crap my sides!

Also apparently the number one spot for both male and female will get a special costume for the game and the rest of the top ten will be in a calendar wallpaper. I hope they don't give Lyn some battle panties or something for her costume.