Sword Art Online hack of Fire Emblem GBA

Shopow

I've been wanting to do a hack of Fire Emblem GBA to follow the storyline and characters of Sword Art Online, which is one om my favorite animes. But I, sadly, have no skill (yet) in rom hacking whatsoever. So it would be much appreciated if anyone could help me get this under way.

Edited by Shopow

3 minutes ago, CobyTheGoober said:

Will Asuna be in this game? She's my favourite girl, and I'd really like to see her in this game. 

Of course! She's one of the main characters, and I plan to have this game follow the storyline closely, with a few things extra sprinkled in. Once this hack is done (if ever, with help) then I hope to make a full Trilogy set: One for the SAO game in the anime, on Aincrad, a second for Kirito's Alfheim Online adventure, and one for his time in Gun Gale Online.

I'd play it. It sounds cool. There is probabbly some guides on youtube, and google to find. Would there be a dating system in it? Every SAO game I've played has had a variance of one. It would be cool too if Kirito wasn't the main character. Have him be in the party, but allow people to have a new character, who can have his own personality, and go after whatever girl he wants, without making the Asuna fans have heart attacks. (or a girl who can go after who she wants, that would be cool to.)

Edited by Christianguy7

i dont really care for SAO that much but i think this sound s cool and might work

just so you know, ROM hacking takes tons of time and effort. if you want to make it really high quality, it could take several years to complete, especially if you have no experience in ROM hacking

im not a ROM hacker so i cant say this for sure, im just saying this because of how long its been taking a lot of hacks that i follow to be complete

8 hours ago, Christianguy7 said:

I'd play it. It sounds cool. There is probabbly some guides on youtube, and google to find. Would there be a dating system in it? Every SAO game I've played has had a variance of one. It would be cool too if Kirito wasn't the main character. Have him be in the party, but allow people to have a new character, who can have his own personality, and go after whatever girl he wants, without making the Asuna fans have heart attacks. (or a girl who can go after who she wants, that would be cool to.)

I hadn't thought about that, but that sounds like an amazing idea! Thanks for suggesting it!

7 hours ago, SaltyBucket said:

i dont really care for SAO that much but i think this sound s cool and might work

just so you know, ROM hacking takes tons of time and effort. if you want to make it really high quality, it could take several years to complete, especially if you have no experience in ROM hacking

im not a ROM hacker so i cant say this for sure, im just saying this because of how long its been taking a lot of hacks that i follow to be complete

Yes, I'm aware of this, but I am hoping to make a few friends who can help me along the way so that this does not take TOO long.

6 hours ago, Shopow said:

Yes, I'm aware of this, but I am hoping to make a few friends who can help me along the way so that this does not take TOO long.

Hey Showpow, double posting isn't look favorably upon in most parts of the forum. You can actuall quote two people in one post, and if you forget something, or need to change details you can edit the post. (I've got warning points for double posting before, everyone does it from time to time.)

2 hours ago, Christianguy7 said:

Hey Showpow, double posting isn't look favorably upon in most parts of the forum. You can actuall quote two people in one post, and if you forget something, or need to change details you can edit the post. (I've got warning points for double posting before, everyone does it from time to time.)

Thanks for the warning.

I've been thinking of hacking Sacred Stones, sonce it has unique characteristics that I want, such as: A world map, support conversations, and shops and stuff.

What do you guys think?

PS: Im gonna have to work on the marriage system, though.

2 hours ago, sayakrow said:

You should make it Blazing Sword, so it can be Blazing Sword Art Online.

I considered Blazing Sword, but it doesn't have the essentials that I need, like, for example, an overworld map, a support system, etc. I could always use that name though, even if it isnt a hack of Blazing Sword. But thanks for the suggestion anyway.

12 hours ago, Shopow said:

it doesn't have the essentials that I need

12 hours ago, Shopow said:

a support system

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... FE7 does in fact have a support system...

12 minutes ago, InvdrZim13 said:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... FE7 does in fact have a support system...

I didn't notice that, so I was wrong about that, but I meant that Sacred Stones seems to be the only one with all of the things I need to build off of.

The SAO world is surprisingly fitting for an FE game, but that doesn't mean it'll be easy or that people will flock to be your hacking slaves. You should just start hacking by yourself and focus on scripting and so on and use placeholder graphics-grab people's attention and they'll offer you a helping hand. If you have any questions, PM me and I can tell you of other sites/discord chats that might help. Tally-ho!

Edited by Kabby

59 minutes ago, Kabby said:

The SAO world is surprisingly fitting for an FE game, but that doesn't mean it'll be easy or that people will flock to be your hacking slaves. You should just start hacking by yourself and focus on scripting and so on and use placeholder graphics-grab people's attention and they'll offer you a helping hand. If you have any questions, PM me and I can tell you of other sites/discord chats that might help. Tally-ho!

I realise that I will need to do some of it by myself, and that it will be hard, but I do have one person who is already wanting to help, and they are very helpful so far. I just need to gather the right starting tools and go. They are working on character portraits right now, and I'm going to do research and find good tools. This is more difficult for me specifically though, because I have school and other things that take up a majority of my time. But I will do my best, and thank you for the advice.

• 2 weeks later...

I really love the idea of it.

Though.. it's going to be a long work.

I am doing something similar for Mortal Kombat... But (hahaa... same place as you. I am just learning the basics.)

Overall... It really depends how far you want to push your hack.

Like Asuna already have a class for her. (Same one as Lyn)

However Kirito will be hard. You need to create a dual sword animation or find one similar online or use something else w/ reasonable justification.

Editing text isnt bad... provided you have time.

However.. changing certain events/map may be troublesome.

On 2/10/2017 at 0:00 AM, Ryuke said:

Like Asuna already have a class for her. (Same one as Lyn)

However Kirito will be hard. You need to create a dual sword animation or find one similar online or use something else w/ reasonable justification.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Asuna uses rapiers, not katanas, like the one Lyn uses. Eirika is a better fit for her.

Bloodline's lord uses two swords, use that as an inspiration when you get to it.

1 hour ago, Kabby said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Asuna uses rapiers, not katanas, like the one Lyn uses. Eirika is a better fit for her.

Bloodline's lord uses two swords, use that as an inspiration when you get to it.

Sorry, I meant to say Eirika. I get names jumbled easily.

4 hours ago, Kabby said:

Will definitely look into that (Bloodline).

If only... you can rip directly assuming FEEditor works.

Asuna uses Rapier. you are right. But Great Lord seems off for Asuna. You probably need something else? (Not that it really matters ... Since there's a lack of Paladin in that anime)

33 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

Will definitely look into that (Bloodline).

If only... you can rip directly assuming FEEditor works.

Ripping custom animations from another hack (especially the animation for one of the main characters) is an incredibly bad (and stupid) idea.