Sword Art Online hack of Fire Emblem GBA

Shopow

30 minutes ago, InvdrZim13 said:

Ripping custom animations from another hack (especially the animation for one of the main characters) is an incredibly bad (and stupid) idea.

For self experimentation purpose. Someone gotta learn from somewhere.

Also... if you get the permission of the main animator ... it should be fine...

In any case. Just curious afterall.

2 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

For self experimentation purpose. Someone gotta learn from somewhere.

Also... if you get the permission of the main animator ... it should be fine...

In any case. Just curious afterall.

I'm fairly certain tutorials exist for custom animations. And it's basically guaranteed that you won't get permission to use the animation.

17 minutes ago, InvdrZim13 said:

I'm fairly certain tutorials exist for custom animations. And it's basically guaranteed that you won't get permission to use the animation.

You are right.

I mean there is alot of free animations already... (in that topic... provided we give credit).

Thanks. Still new to it. Got the hang of most of the generic nightmare. Time for the funstuff (or ragefest).. FEEditor//Event Assembler (Like you.. FE8 hacking)

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/25/2017 at 10:30 PM, Shopow said:

I've been wanting to do a hack of Fire Emblem GBA to follow the storyline and characters of Sword Art Online, which is one om my favorite animes. But I, sadly, have no skill (yet) in rom hacking whatsoever. So it would be much appreciated if anyone could help me get this under way.

If you were to make an FE hack that follows the storyline and characters of SAO, I think it would be better if you made it into a type of side story and expand the original story from Floor 75 to Floor 100. The reason why is because if you actually take the original SAO Season 1 story and try to make it into an FE Hack, all I see is Kirito and no one else. All I see is one character being used the entire time. And expanding it from Floor 75 to Floor 100 would be more in line with what they did in Hollow Fragment. They didn't keep the ending in the game how they did in the anime. But if this is actually going to be a hack, I would definitely not base it off the original storyline of SAO.