No weapon triangle in Echoes

This has been discussed in other topics. While it appears that there is no more weapon triangle, I think it's best to wait until we get more information and a better look at the game's interface. We don't even know what's displayed on the bottom screen yet. The critical bonus is indicative of Alm's support from Grey, the cavalier.

Edited by Leif

9 minutes ago, Leif said:

This has been discussed in other topics. While it appears that there is no more weapon triangle, I think it's best to wait until we get more information and a better look at the game's interface. We don't even know what's displayed on the bottom screen yet. The critical bonus is indicative of Alm's support from Grey, the cavalier.

It's still fun to speculate and theorise base on the little info we currently have. I now want to know what the boxes in the upper corners are for.

Edited by Meanlucario

29 minutes ago, Meanlucario said:

It's still fun to speculate and theorise base on the little info we currently have. I now want to know what the boxes in the upper corners are for.

Maybe a magic gauge? If the spell you're using surpasses the number of bars filled, it takes any remainder in HP, or something to that effect.

Now  I guess they would also just include spell sets instead of magic books for magic users.

I guess it's fine. The original also didn't have weapon triangle (it wasn't even created by that time so...), but I just hope it doesn't stay too faithful to the original. They need to keep in mind that the game should have some aspects that appeal to newer fans of FE, and I'm sort of sure the original Gaiden does not have that many aspects that would appeal more to them than to older fans.

1 minute ago, InfinityAlex said:

Question: How do supports work in Gaiden? Because Grey is obviously not adjacent to Alm.

I guess there's a certain distance for bonuses from supports to work? The more Alm is closer to Grey, the more the bonuses increase, or something like that, I guess.

13 minutes ago, InfinityAlex said:

Question: How do supports work in Gaiden? Because Grey is obviously not adjacent to Alm.

Grey is three spaces away from Alm, so it looks like units will get support bonuses if they are three tiles away from a specific unit.

38 minutes ago, Leif said:

Grey is three spaces away from Alm, so it looks like units will get support bonuses if they are three tiles away from a specific unit.

Two spaces. He's two space away from being in what Awakening and Fates dictate as support range.

1 hour ago, InfinityAlex said:

Two spaces. He's two space away from being in what Awakening and Fates dictate as support range.

Argh.

Thanks for correcting me, I don't know where I got three from. xD

13 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

3 is exactly the number of tiles Grey would have to walk to stand on Alm.

I guess the range for support bonuses is a 3x3 or 2x2 box that surrounds a unit. 

I wish the preview had the grid turned on so I could better visualize it. 

36 minutes ago, Leif said:

I guess the range for support bonuses is a 3x3 or 2x2 box that surrounds a unit. 

I wish the preview had the grid turned on so I could better visualize it. 

It's fairly easy to tell in the screenshot without the grid. There's a space between that soldier and Grey, and a couple spaces up is the archer to confirm there's only one empty space between them. It's probably the standard pattern used in other games. A is Alm and G is Grey, and he just falls in range of support. It's probably a better visual way to show what unit(s) are giving support bonuses, which in this case I think may be a crit bonus as there's a tiny orange line at the end of Alm's crit chance.
_ _ _ X _ _ _
_ _ X X X _ _
_ X X X X G _
X X X A X X X
_ X X X X X _
_ _ X X X _ _
_ _ _ X _ _ _

20 hours ago, Hylian Air Force said:

Maybe a magic gauge? If the spell you're using surpasses the number of bars filled, it takes any remainder in HP, or something to that effect.

According to Google Translate, the writing above the bars means "fast stock" or "early stock". Maybe it could be related to the Food Option in the menu?

When Alm goes to attack, we see the following actions available: Attack, Inventory (literally “Item Bag”), Food and Wait. “Food” is the odd-one out and could be related to the canteen feature in Fates, where you cooked food to temporary boost stats.