FE Heroes Artists (Complete Through Familial Festivities)

The Geek

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, The Geek said:

He's the armor designer for Awakening and Fates, so he's behind a lot of the more... questionable changes to the aesthetic of those games.

Well the armor looked good for most of the guys. And for the females there are some well designed like the fliers, and Orochi who has a good mix of fanservice. But the common misconception is that most all the of the female designs look bad. Mostly that is on Noir.

The Christmas banner is finally here.  Chrom and Robin still rock their same artists while Lissa and Tharja get new ones.  Lissa's worked on FE Cipher, but I couldn't find any artist by the name Tharja's goes by.  May have to just wait and see if they post her art to their Twitter or Pixiv.

7 hours ago, The Geek said:

The Christmas banner is finally here.  Chrom and Robin still rock their same artists while Lissa and Tharja get new ones.  Lissa's worked on FE Cipher, but I couldn't find any artist by the name Tharja's goes by.  May have to just wait and see if they post her art to their Twitter or Pixiv.

https://twitter.com/washimoto9

https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=321391

I don't think the art has been posted yet though.

• 2 weeks later...

EEEEEEEVIIIIIIIL.

Robin/Grima rocks a new artist whose only work I could find is an obscure manga called Yakuza Girl.  Hardin is completely new to the game, and comes drawn by the same artist who drew him and the rest of the FE12 cast.  Witch!Celica is drawn by the same artist who drew her normal version in Heroes.  I guess this means that once we get Brave Heroes 2 (presumably this summer) we'll have at least three different Celicas.

Oh yeah, I also added the Valentine's units awhile ago but didn't feel like bumping the thread for it.

EDIT:  Not adding the new original character yet, though I'm going to assume she'll likely be drawn by the same artist who's drawn all the Book II originals.

Edited by The Geek

We get more bunnies for Spring.  Sharena finally gets the outfit she was promised at the end of last year's Spring event and brings Alfonse with her, both still drawn by Kozaki.  And then two seemingly random choices in Catria (featuring her normal artist Amagaitaro) and Kagero (with the return of cuboon, who hasn't drawn a new Hero since Tana)

Looks like people were correct in their predictions of Leif and Nanna's artists (Boey's and Faye/L'Arachel's respectively) and we also have cuboon returning once again with new versions of Olwen and Reinhardt.

We get more Fates characters.  Including Female Kana, the regular version of Shigure, and a Kinshi Knight variant of Hinoka. 

I feel like F!Grima and Hinoka must have been drawn way later than PA!Olivia and Micaiah, since their style is way different between the two pairs.

After getting all the arts from all the banner units leaked I added Kaze and M!Kana.   Also, I take back what I said about Hinoka's art.  In her damage art she makes the exact same face as PA!Olivia and Micaiah.

More Genealogy characters! 

This time we have Ares drawn by PenekoR and continuing the trend of FE4 kids being drawn by the same artist as their parents Aside from Lachesis and Nanna

Also Lene with the return of Yoshiku who we last saw almost a year ago as the artist for Caeda in the Bridal Blessings banner. 

And finally Ishtar appears as the first female character drawn by Suekane Kumiko.  I guess that explains why she looks so much like Franziska von Karma.

Edited by The Geek

We got the new brides we expected. 

Ninian is drawn by the same artist as Soleil and Halloween Nowi, giving her a very pleasant softness in her coloring.

Tharja is drawn by Sencha, who previously drew the swimsuit version of Female Corrin.

Sanaki is drawn by the same artist as her normal version.

I'll update again when we find out who drew Groom Marth.

5 hours ago, The Geek said:

Sanaki is drawn by the same artist as her normal version.

She is? Feels like a downgrade, but maybe Bananaki was drawn before regular Sanaki

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Enkyo’s Ninian over Kippu’s Ninian for me, any day, every day. She is just too good. Hands down the best of the three Enkyo-drawn heroes.

Enkyo is one my favorites. Too bad Ninian is a 5* locked limited time unit. If she were summonable as a 4* I would go nuts for her. At least Taitiu can get her tome.

I feel Enkyo is a very underrated artist. Many people have given the art for Ninian and Nowi flack (not sure about Soleil), but I like it a lot. I really like the bright colors used, and the fact that Ninian actually has different expressions as opposed to just one. Plus a thigh tease is always nice.

My problem with Enkyo Yuuichirou's art in general is the general lack of contrast.

Nowi's skin tones really take the cake for this because the only place where a significantly darker shade is used is for hard shadows, such as the ones from her jacket and boots (and conversely, the complete lack of a hard shadow for her hat). Places where soft shadows (where it goes from light to dark more gradually) should be used, such as her legs (because round things always have a visible portion of the dark half unless the viewer is the source of lighting), have too little contrast to be believably round.

My other issue with Ninian's art is the general lack of detail. The wings that wrap around the skirt on Ninian's art are flat and completely devoid of features (even the outline is completely smooth), especially on her regular attacking art (her other three arts have things that make this less pronounced). Every other bride's art has substantial detail on them.

If Enkyo could put as much detail into Ninian's dress as he put into her shoulders and collar on her injured art (or her hair), I wouldn't be complaining. At least he got all the important parts (everything from the shoulders and top of the breasts up) right, which is what matters most.

There's also the fact that the horizontal under-bust line on her attacking and special arts just isn't believable as a hard line. That should definitely have been a soft line. It looks weird to have a visible crease there. Cloth does not crease like paper, and there should not be a crease there with breasts of that size.

Soleil's art turned out fine (other than her boots) because there were literally no large flat areas that could have been turned into large flat areas (other than her boots).

I could do Bride Ninian better. Well, the line art half at least because God knows I can't color anywhere near half that well.

25 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

and the fact that Ninian actually has different expressions as opposed to just one.

Everyone has two separate facial expressions for their attacking and special arts. That's usually the only part that's actually different other than the shiny glowy things.

@Ice Dragon I did figure most of the quibbles came from the fact that they had a more cartoonish (for lack of a better word) and less detailed design to them. It does come off as amateur in comparison to something like, say, Caeda. It also went for a more cutesy look for Ninian instead of her standard “pretty” look that Kippu for his Ninian, which I can see people being disappointed by. As someone doesn’t like Ninian otherwise, it just find the art more appealing to be mostly because of how unique and colorful it is, while generally being a cute > pretty sort of guy.