FE Heroes Artists (Complete Through Familial Festivities)

The Geek

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Choose Your Legends gives us Ike and Lucina drawn by the original artists who drew them.  Roy is drawn by Sacred Stones artist Wada Sachiko and Lyn is drawn by Hasha no Tsurugi artist Yamada Kotaro.

8 minutes ago, The Geek said:

Lyn is drawn by Hasha no Tsurugi artist Yamada Kotaro

…which makes her drawn by the original artist who drew her. Kotaro drew both vanilla Lyn and Bridal Lyn too.

On 8/27/2017 at 9:56 PM, Vaximillian said:

…which makes her drawn by the original artist who drew her. Kotaro drew both vanilla Lyn and Bridal Lyn too.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about their actual games. Ike and Lucina have their artists from their game.

Lyn was not drawn by Blazing Blade's artist for this, hence the comment.

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'm pretty sure he was talking about their actual games. Ike and Lucina have their artists from their game.

Lyn was not drawn by Blazing Blade's artist for this, hence the comment.

Yeah, that's what I meant.  The artist who originally drew the character in their FE game of origin.

I'd like to confirm that BUNBUN is abec. In his book Omoshirokeraba nandemo ari - Hakkō ruikei 6000 man-bu - To aru henshū no lifework ("If there's something interesting here - 60 million total copies - A certain lifework in editing"), Kazuma Miki, the former editor in chief of the Dengeki Bunko and editor of numerous light novel series, wrote about how he discovered an art blog belonging to abec but noticed it didn't have any contact info. After some market research he found BUNBUN thinkng he'd found who he was looking for but noticed it was credited to a different name but ultimately realised the could be the same and discovered that BUNBUN is abec when they met again.

The chapter here is where its confirmed.

Adding to that he has appeared at abec signings (to do the signing!) as a "representative". 

On 28.01.2017 at 5:04 AM, The Geek said:

nNekoR (Worked on FE Cipher):  Eldigan

PenekoR (Freelance Artist):  Saber, Swimsuit!Xander, Valter

It’s the same п猫R. П is a Cyrillic letter that reads Pe.

13 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

It’s the same п猫R. П is a Cyrillic letter that reads Pe.

Oh okay.  Yeah, I just checked in game.  At the time of release it was only listed as п猫R but they've fixed it.

Well this banner was unexpected.  No Genealogy, no Halloween (unless this somehow is the Halloween banner) but a full on Dancer banner.  Hey, I'm not complaining.

Only new artist is Olivia's who I couldn't find anything on, not a Twitter or a Pixiv or anything. Nvm, found it https://twitter.com/chyko7080  who works on the MOBA Wonderland Wars.

Azura and Inigo are drawn by the same artists who drew them before in FEH and Shigure, who is new, is drawn by Yura who also drew Subaki, Navarre, and others.  Azura/Subaki confirmed canon?

Edited by The Geek

The predicted Genealogy of the Holy War Banner is upon us, giving us Sigurd, Deirdre, and (for some reason) Tailtiu.  Tailtiu is drawn by a newcomer whom I couldn't find anything about, while Sigurd and Deirdre are drawn by the same artists who drew Seliph and Julia respectively.

Looks like we've had leaks of three characters.  Not gonna put them in the OP yet until we see them officially in the game.

Character 1

Spoiler

Arden:  Soeda Ippei (Various Trading Card Games) https://twitter.com/ippei_painter?lang=en

Character 2

Spoiler

Ayra:  Asatami Tomoyo (Same Artist as Ephraim, Eirika, and Berkut)

Character 3

Spoiler

Arvis:  Teita (Same Artist as Innes)

Now adding to OP.

Edited by The Geek

Surprise Halloween banner at the end of October.  Seems kind of late to do one but okay.  Anyway, we get good stuff out of it, including some representation of the Hoshido side of Fates finally.

Sakura and Henry are drawn by the same artists who drew their normal art in Heroes.  Jakob is now drawn by the same artist as Male Robin and Seth.  Nowi is drawn by a new artist who it seems mostly does background art for larger projects.

We have been graced with a fairly random banner this time around with two returning artists and two new ones.  Lute's artist actually wrote one of my friend's favorite manga (though the anime turned out to be pretty bad, sadly).

2 hours ago, Hardin said:

The new original characters were all designed and illustrated by Shigeki Maeshima. 

Will we see more from Kozaki? I love his style. The original original characters were and are amazing, as is CYL Lucina.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Will we see more from Kozaki? I love his style. The original original characters were and are amazing, as is CYL Lucina.

I agree and I totally wouldn't mind him doing fe switch.

8 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

It's hard to say, Kozaki is a real celebrity artist compared to the others working on the game, so his schedule is incredibly busy. He used to do a lot of illustrations for Fire Emblem Cipher, but he also rarely contributes to it these days. 

13 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

What makes him so infamous?

He's the armor designer for Awakening and Fates, so he's behind a lot of the more... questionable changes to the aesthetic of those games.