Adding functions from Awakening

Shopow

I have 4 questions for all of you.

1. Should this game include same-sex marriage?

2. Should you be able to choose sides, as in; Good or Evil, Solo or Guild, choosing a certain guild?

3. Should the player replace Kirito, or should he be a separate character?

4. Should there be standard difficulty settings? AKA: Easy, Normal, Hard, Insane.

These could lead to some interesting things, such as if you choose Solo, does that mean that you fight battles alone, leaving no option for marriages? How would an evil storyline work out? Do you get different units based on your guild? Woulc it even be possible to do an Insane Solo run of th game?

I know I'm getting ahead of myself with planning, but these are good things to think about.

21 hours ago, Shopow said:

1. Watch your language, please.

kek

21 hours ago, Shopow said:

2. Relationships are going to play important parts in the plot in my game, so unless you know exactly what I have in mind, right down to the very last detail, then please refrain from criticizing what you do not understand well enough.

then explain "exactly what You have in mind, right down to the very last detail" please

19 hours ago, Shopow said:

2. Should you be able to choose sides, as in; Good or Evil, Solo or Guild, choosing a certain guild?

it depends if it plays an important role in the plot or if it's just for an esthetic choice

3. Should the player replace Kirito, or should he be a separate character?

isn't sao a game where you can create your own character?(correct me if i'm wrong , have'nt watched the show) so maybe you could do something like a player who joins kirito's guild?

4. Should there be standard difficulty settings? AKA: Easy, Normal, Hard, Insane.

INSANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE would the difficulty only change enemy stats or would you for example get extra reward on hard or something?

Edited by eclipse
Merged double post, next time is a warning.

2 hours ago, Kirb1337 said:

it depends if it plays an important role in the plot or if it's just for an esthetic choice

isn't sao a game where you can create your own character?(correct me if i'm wrong , have'nt watched the show) so maybe you could do something like a player who joins kirito's guild?

INSANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE would the difficulty only change enemy stats or would you for example get extra reward on hard or something?

Spoiler

"I intend to have different routes in the game (99% sure) depending on certain events having been triggered (such as getting an optional character, or if a certain character is dead) to make the experience more immersive. This will lead to multiple routes leading to either one, single ending, or multiple endings.(Permadeath is going to stay, if not obvious) Also, if I can, I'd like to have a function like the sidequests from Awakening, with extra characters, which can only be recruited by talking to them with specific characters you currently have.

But besides that, the cutscene(s) made for the ending(s?) will include you and your partner together, so the support system will play a major role in the outcome of the game."

Spoiler

"These could lead to some interesting things, such as if you choose Solo, does that mean that you fight battles alone, leaving no option for marriages? How would an evil storyline work out? Do you get different units based on your guild? Woulc it even be possible to do an Insane Solo run of the game?"

2. It is at first, but then the creator (of the game SAO, not the anime) Kayaba Akihiko forces the in-game characters look like their real selves.

3. I'm not entirely sure, but maybe a special ending or something? (Feel free to suggest stuff if you want)

Edited by Shopow
more to add

1 hour ago, Shopow said:

2. It is at first, but then the creator (of the game SAO, not the anime) Kayaba Akihiko forces the in-game characters look like their real selves.

wow what a great way to do an mmo by forcing you to be like your fat self

3 hours ago, CT075 said:

the short answer is to just do it and see what works in the context of your game and what doesn't

Precisely. This is also a transition period for me, and while I have ideas for lots of features, I'm relying on you guys to give input on the ideas I'm not 100% sure about. (There will be a lot of those.)

2 hours ago, Kirb1337 said:

wow what a great way to do an mmo by forcing you to be like your fat self

Surprisingly, there were very few fat people. But that crossdressing thing never goes away. Imagine being a scrawny guy forced to wear skirts and dresses the whole game O_O

On 1/29/2017 at 2:20 PM, Shopow said:

Precisely. This is also a transition period for me, and while I have ideas for lots of features, I'm relying on you guys to give input on the ideas I'm not 100% sure about. (There will be a lot of those.)

theory is cheap and usually ineffective - if it smells like it would fit into your design, just fucking do it and take it out again if it doesn't work

incidentally this kind of discussion is far more suited for your actual project thread