Banny's art whatevers idk

BANRYU

Yeah IDK, I do art things sometimes so I guess might as well make a thread and stuff. I draw (traditional/digital both), do sprites rarely, and do photoshop recolors (the easiest thing lol). One weird thing I do that... isn't EXACTLY art...? Is uh, trying to pin down the best 'official' evolution lines for all the traditional Digimon in existence and then display this via charts. It's... uh... an ordeal haha. Yeah IDK if I'd consider it art, but I do it in photoshop and it takes an assload of time, so I guess I'll link that below too. 

dA page: http://chameleon-veil.deviantart.com/gallery/

Tumblr art tag: http://blademaster-banryu.tumblr.com/tagged/my-art

Tumblr OC/art blog (mostly contains character-building things that aren't actually my art though) : http://telvernicart.tumblr.com/

Digivolution chart project: http://digivolutioncentral.tumblr.com/tagged/digivolution-charts

I have a BA in art and hardly ever make it lol what a joke

Edited by BANRYU

Oh uhh guess I might as well post this stuff here too.

Siras_FE portrait.png

Siras Druid Sprite avi v2.jpg

Just some spritey stuff I made of my Druid character, Siras. He's... basically just Ephidel with straight hair (looks-wise anyway). I wanna say that's more of a coincidence in terms of the features I wanted, but who knows haha ;;;

I'll be drawing him fairly soonish I hope, I commissioned a bud to draw him and his white mage baby brother almost a year ago now and still have no proper references OTL

EDIT: Well, I have a WIP of the brother guess I'll post that

Spoiler

Dreith_sketch progress.jpg

I dunno what I was thinking with his pose lol but at this point I just gotta finish him up for the outfit ref. 

Edited by BANRYU

Just now, Rezzy said:

Your stuff's pretty good.  I like the Volcarona.  I used one in Gen VI and it doubles as a good egg-hatcher.

Thank you! x3 Yeah, Volcarona and Fletchinder are undoubtedly the best hatchers since they the only ones that get Flame Body + Fly ;3 (I dunno about you but I always liked being able to hatch my babies in flavor-appropriate locations, IE Froakie in Aquacorde, Goomy in the fairy town, etc.)

That Volcarona actually didn't come out QUITE like I wanted; I used a bulky Volcarona build in gen 5 competitive and realized after I had already drawn him that I didn't make him as fat as I wanted, hahaha =w= So I guess I just drew a different Volcarona! Maybe in the future I'll draw a properly tubby one.

6 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Thank you! x3 Yeah, Volcarona and Fletchinder are undoubtedly the best hatchers since they the only ones that get Flame Body + Fly ;3 (I dunno about you but I always liked being able to hatch my babies in flavor-appropriate locations, IE Froakie in Aquacorde, Goomy in the fairy town, etc.)

That Volcarona actually didn't come out QUITE like I wanted; I used a bulky Volcarona build in gen 5 competitive and realized after I had already drawn him that I didn't make him as fat as I wanted, hahaha =w= So I guess I just drew a different Volcarona! Maybe in the future I'll draw a properly tubby one.

I was a bit lazier for my egg hatching.  I'd just ride around the Eiffel Tower after picking up all my eggs.  I actually ran out of box space from all the Eggs I hatched in X and Y.

24 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I was a bit lazier for my egg hatching.  I'd just ride around the Eiffel Tower after picking up all my eggs.  I actually ran out of box space from all the Eggs I hatched in X and Y.

Ahaha I got too bored breeding and hatching to get that far TwT My attention span was too short to even breed one Froakie I was happy with haha ;;

Welp, since we like my Pokemon drawings apparently, here's some more from my sketchbook. It's shitty phone-photo quality (my scanner is hooked up and I don't exactly have the liberty of using it while watching my kid anyway lol) so oops oh well.

Spoiler

tumblr_oki1qruiKY1ucsp0go1_1280.jpg

my fave marine mons (Gen 1 sideways teleportin' cloyster FTW)

tumblr_oki1qruiKY1ucsp0go2_1280.jpg

a team I used for the Battle Chateau in XY; Life Orb Galvantula, Choice Band Flygon, and Meta Mega Lucario

tumblr_oki1qruiKY1ucsp0go3_1280.jpg

I like Vibrava. Ick at the blurriness though

tumblr_oki1qruiKY1ucsp0go4_1280.jpg

Did this one a few days ago; not thrilled with it (head-to-body ratio is off I think), but I've been tryna focus on just finishing drawings rather than their quality lately... Fave Pokemon in SuMo

Edited by BANRYU

Look nice to me.  I started using a drawing tablet, because when I scanned my images colored pencil did not show up well at all, and if I tried to scan a pencil sketch a color it in there, there would be a fuzzy gray around the pencil line.  Flygon and Vibrava certainly look happy.

I've started trying to draw some of my favorite Pokes.  I drew a Litten before I saw what it evolves into.  I'm still bitter about getting another stupid Fire/Fighting type that's not even Fighting.  I just wanted a Fire Cat Pokemon.

The Char line is my favorite, but I can't seem to get them to turn out right for some reason.

21 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Look nice to me.  I started using a drawing tablet, because when I scanned my images colored pencil did not show up well at all, and if I tried to scan a pencil sketch a color it in there, there would be a fuzzy gray around the pencil line.  Flygon and Vibrava certainly look happy.

I've started trying to draw some of my favorite Pokes.  I drew a Litten before I saw what it evolves into.  I'm still bitter about getting another stupid Fire/Fighting type that's not even Fighting.  I just wanted a Fire Cat Pokemon.

The Char line is my favorite, but I can't seem to get them to turn out right for some reason.

Yeah, I hear ya. I'm trying to draw more on my tablet too, but it typically ends up being more of an ordeal since I have to get it out and position myself properly and whatnot (easier said than done because I don't have a proper desk space right now ;; ), so whipping out the sketchbook for practice usually ends up being quicker/easier. Also, a lot of that stuff was like... drawn in my sketchbook during class and stuff haha. For more serious drawings I always try to use my tablet though.

EDIT: oh and I forgot to say YEAH the charmander line is deceptively hard to draw for how simple they are! :0 I've only managed to successfully draw them a few times myself haha and the one Charizard sketch I really like I never finished ;; so I can sympathize

Edited by BANRYU

Oh, here's a recolor of Beruka from the FE Heroes trailer that I made to look like my Malig Knight Corrin from my Wyvern Conquest run of Fates

chibi nubrya.pngNubrya the Malig Knight.png Well... and the custom portrait I made of her too I guess lol

I'm indecisive about what color I want her capelet to be right now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Silver or Purple

37 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Oh, here's a recolor of Beruka from the FE Heroes trailer that I made to look like my Malig Knight Corrin from my Wyvern Conquest run of Fates

chibi nubrya.pngNubrya the Malig Knight.png Well... and the custom portrait I made of her too I guess lol

I'm indecisive about what color I want her capelet to be right now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Silver or Purple would look nice.

33 minutes ago, Christianguy7 said:

Hey Banny this stuff is pretty good. I'm an artist myself, but I mainly do paint. (acrylic. I HATE OIL PAINTING WITH A PASSION!) Anyway how did you make the custom sprite?

Talkin' bout the Fates one, right? Well I got the sprites for f!Corrin and Beruka off of the spriter's resource (which is the name of the site, if you're not familiar with it) and used photoshop to frankenstein them together. Most of Beruka's head was erased and the skin showing on my character's neck is actually Beruka's chin lol. Everything beyond that was just recoloring and adding the various Corrin customization options. It can be trickier if you have a character whose hair comes down over their clothes or body, like Kagero's did for this one: 

Spoiler

fe_fates___sasori_custom_sprite_by_chame

(sorry for the size difference, I can't find the right size Kagero without ripping it from the sprite sheet ~___~ and I don't care to do that rn lol)

latest?cb=20170120213635

jeez Kagero

Anyway Kagero's bangs are going over her scarf as you can see, so when I cut her head out of the picture I needed to be sure to cover up the existing hole. I might have been able to replace the hole entirely, but needless to say that takes a fair bit more finesse and work.

Although, this ninja!corrin is a pretty good example of the kind of backflips and computer wizardry that it takes anyway haha ;; That hair is actually one of the f!Robin hairs that I had to figure out how to stretch over Corrin's differently-sized head. It were not EZ. Lots of very careful Clone Stamp tool usage. 

I haven't done any of my male Corrins yet, mainly because of how limited his customization options are and just how much MORE I'd have to frankenstein them together to get what I'm actually going for. Nubrya (the malig knight one) was by far the simplest because all I hadda do was decapitate Berkua and paste the new head on and boom. 

Hope that helps.....??

EDIT: @Rezzy Ahh sorry saw you responded as well; yeah, I'm leaning toward purple myself haha. 

Edited by BANRYU

-drums fingers- umm what else can I post.... ...Oh, here's something. Nobody probably cares much about Digimon, but....

Black Guilmon.jpgBlack Growlmon.jpg

Custom recolors of BlackGuilmon and BlackGrowlmon based on the palette/design of BlackWarGrowlmon. These two actually have different canonical palettes, but I always liked mine better. >3> These are some of my better recolors as well since I couldn't just use the color replacement tool, I had to manually adjust the shade of everything and adjust for the line motion with Growlmon and whatnot...

9 hours ago, BANRYU said:

-drums fingers- umm what else can I post.... ...Oh, here's something. Nobody probably cares much about Digimon, but....

Black Guilmon.jpgBlack Growlmon.jpg

Custom recolors of BlackGuilmon and BlackGrowlmon based on the palette/design of BlackWarGrowlmon. These two actually have different canonical palettes, but I always liked mine better. >3> These are some of my better recolors as well since I couldn't just use the color replacement tool, I had to manually adjust the shade of everything and adjust for the line motion with Growlmon and whatnot...

I don't really know much about Digimon, but those look cool.  They almost look like they could be Pokemon.

@Rezzy ahaha thanks. Yeah, Digimon gets compared to Pokemon a lot and I can kinda see it with these two, but for the most part there's little resemblance apart from the whole 'kids being friends with monsters' thing. (In the case of these two, the resemblance to Pokemon drops off with their next form who's like a dinosaur cyborg lol)

So um. I guess I'll post my trashy self-insert character who I headcanon as my PC in FE7, Awakening, and now Heroes too I guess lol. (see also, my current avatar) These are pretty old but meh shrug. I'd like to try drawing him again soon, but I got other priorities right now. 

Spoiler

tumblr_n5ubv4nxoc1shnqb4o1_540.jpg

skimped on detail, mostly just wanted to practice drawing him + some expressions. The angry one is my favorite lol

tumblr_n5ivj6Aj7G1shnqb4o1_540.jpg

Dreadfighter doodle. he looks too happy but whatever

Lately I'm trying to figure out by what sort of timespace-related plot device I can have his presence between Blazing Sword, Awakening, and now Heroes make some amount of feasible sense haha ;;;

Also, Nubrya (shown earlier in the thread) is his daughter with Tiki.

Edited by BANRYU

• 2 weeks later...

Did some more photoshoppy/recolor stuff haha. My Awakening Tactician: 

FEH Aubryn avi v2.pngFEH Aubryn avi_greensword.png

aaaand I updated my mugshot of Nubrya/my MK!Corrin too

Nubrya the Malig Knight mk3.pngNubrya the Malig Knight mk2.png

Fixed the green cape to be more of a muted/realistic shade lol. The purple armor trim is based on the Gore Magala armor from Monster Hunter and the pink scarf is supposed to be because Tiki's her mom and maybe she'd have the old cape...?? it kinda makes her look like a small granny though and IDK how I feel about that lol. I thought about trying to do a more unique head for her, but.... lazy

I'll probably do a higher-res Heroes sprite for her soon too haha.

Edited by BANRYU

• 3 weeks later...

yoooo did another one. 

tumblr_om6f57RDgD1ucsp0go1_r1_500.png

This one actually goes with one of the 'create-a-hero' things I made in that thread, this is Siras' sprite to go with the build I made for him. Planning to do sprites of the other characters I wrote up in that thread as well. 

EDIT: Oh yeah forgot I posted sprites of this dude already. This is the same character as the Druid whose sprite/mugshot I posted near the top ahaha. TBH this is way better than the mug I made for him, that one is... bleahh....

EDIT: Here's another one too =3=

tumblr_om9mmwbscv1ucsp0go1_400.png

^ This is Rikun from the same post linked above in the CaH thread. I had fun making his spear. 

Edited by BANRYU

okey, I did another one of my FE Heroes custom sprites lol. This one was a lot more work intensive, getting all the parts to work together: 

tumblr_omfbyvvgHd1ucsp0go1_r1_400.png

Iiiiiit's this chick again! (as with the others her mockup build can be found here) She's easily the most common subject of my stuff I post in here I'm realizing haha ;; I gotta get around to drawing her again one of these days, I have a couple times before, but never anything I was really satisfied with...

Edited by BANRYU

2 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Nice stuff! I tried heroes sprites before and failed horribly...

Yeah it's tough, putting the pieces together in a way that looks correct is the hardest thing about it for me so far. It definitely helps to have an example of someone with the same weapon/unit type as whoever you're trying to make.

Nice to see people playing around with the Paper Emblem artwork! Lots of cute artwork could come out of those sprites.

28 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

Nice to see people playing around with the Paper Emblem artwork! Lots of cute artwork could come out of those sprites.

holy shit dude I neeeeeever noticed the resemblance there haha... is THAT why I love these sprites so much?

But yeah man, I just wish I knew how to make gifs or I'd totally make idle animations of these guys! Thanks for taking an interest! :3

• 2 weeks later...

Aright I decided to try my hand at something I've never done before, making a forum signature. Baboom.

58d00fff0e3b1_GETFLUXED.png.f58a5c8846422f0be4ffbdea9f9ddbdc.png

Have I mentioned yet that I like dark magic lol

BTW I don't dislike / didn't forget Raigh, his simpler-shaded art style just doesn't really fit in that well with the others x__x it didn't look right with him in there... Dx Sorry Raigh... nothin' personal boi

Not sure if I'll actually use this but just wanted to make it ahaha...

Edited by BANRYU

On 3/21/2017 at 1:23 AM, BANRYU said:

Aright I decided to try my hand at something I've never done before, making a forum signature. Baboom.

58d00fff0e3b1_GETFLUXED.png.f58a5c8846422f0be4ffbdea9f9ddbdc.png

Have I mentioned yet that I like dark magic lol

BTW I don't dislike / didn't forget Raigh, his simpler-shaded art style just doesn't really fit in that well with the others x__x it didn't look right with him in there... Dx Sorry Raigh... nothin' personal boi

Not sure if I'll actually use this but just wanted to make it ahaha...

I like this!

Hee hee hee... All that darkness!

5 hours ago, Frosty said:

I like this!

Hee hee hee... All that darkness!

Hah yeahhh xD Purple... the color of darknesssssssss

Thanks!

EDIT: I also attempted to make a wallpaper out of it but I don't think it's quite the right dimensions :0 58d54242e3963_DarkMagicwallpaperattempt.png.8e57eaea3fe4a6a25e1c17c62cb04278.png

Edited by BANRYU