Banny's art whatevers idk

BANRYU

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

I am tempted to quote Tharja's... "Do you like Darkness" for this...

Yes, yes I do actually x3 Ooh that might be a good quote for this thing actually. Not sure if since it's specific to Tharja, but... it's a little more serious-toned than 'get fluxed' lol.....

So uhh. I decided to take @Frosty's suggestion haha. 

58d73fffe02d8_DoyoulikeDarknesswallpaper_v2.png.dd8f12a03f06b0c55d099aeaf6dea84c.png

I like this version better TBH. This is currently my background lol

People can use it if they want. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by BANRYU

The colors work well, but the blurry bg does detract away from the character art. IDK if that was the purpose, but if your intention was to feature the characters, it is a bit distracting. But looks a lot better from before!

1 hour ago, kynimdraws said:

The colors work well, but the blurry bg does detract away from the character art. IDK if that was the purpose, but if your intention was to feature the characters, it is a bit distracting. But looks a lot better from before!

Nahh TBH I've never done stuff like this before so I was just kind of winging it haha ~w~ I watched a sig-making tutorial on youtube and just played around with some of the effects I saw. I definitely see what you're saying though and yeah I agree that it's a bit visually busy.

What would you suggest, maybe making the background a bit darker/more muted/subdued maybe? 

Ooh I just had another idea that might be interesting, actually... I'll play around with that if/when I have time.

Aight I wanted to do something along the lines of the Luna rune in the background of Canas' Cipher card using the sprites for the GBA dark magic effects, but I couldn't figure out how to do the hq4x effect in photoshop so instead we get a blurry/smoother version of one of Nergal's Ereshkigal effects instead.

tumblr_onm5nvdjNv1shnqb4o1_540.png

I copied all the dark magic effects into the doc with the intent of making something elaborate but in the end laziness wins out and I go for the single image lol. I'd rather move on to other projects by this point anyway and it looks all right I guess anyway.

Edited by BANRYU

• 1 month later...

Oh right, forgot to post these here since I made a thread for it lol.

tumblr_op78tdRfKX1ucsp0go1_250.png

My wife's character from Fire Emblem Awakening, wielding our imagining of a Shining Bow (using a magic bow was an idea I had for her since before Fates haha).

tumblr_inline_opctlehUHL1s8hf1i_540.png

Aaaaand I also made this because I use my power irresponsibly.

• 3 weeks later...

tumblr_oq5ztq9Z4h1ucsp0go1_r1_250.png

Did a quick edit of the Manakete version of Nubrya / my Tiki!Morgan (AKA her Awakening iteration, where the wyvern version is her Fates iteration). I always liked imagining Manakete Morgan as wearing her dad's Tactician cloak over the manakete outfit in place of her cape and stuff and threw in Tiki's sash because why not. 

EDIT: Oh yeah forgot to link the mockup build I made for her. 

EDIT AGAIN: Another

tumblr_oq7yhw7Rao1shnqb4o1_400.png

Edited by BANRYU

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2017 at 10:06 AM, BANRYU said:

tumblr_inline_opctlehUHL1s8hf1i_540.png

Aaaaand I also made this because I use my power irresponsibly.

Oh Tharja, you creepy funny gurl... :D:

• 4 weeks later...

yooo it's Pride Month and I wanted to do SOMEthing to sorta celebrate that, so I made a FE Heroes sprite of my daughteru Nubrya holding an Ace flag, since I decided a while back that that's what her sexuality would be. 

tumblr_orxvagJ0651ucsp0go1_400.png

Also, her armor kinda matches the colors. Thought that was sort of a fun coincidence. 

• 2 months later...

So I bought some FE + FFXIV charms for myself and the wife from an artist I know/life/am kinda buddies with maybe...? (acquaintances might be more accurate lol ;; )

AND HOLY CRAP. SHE DREW US A CUSTOM THANK YOU NOTE??? (okay I tried to post the picture but SFF doesn't like it but it's in the above link so whatever)

BUT LIKE. SHE DREW NUBRYA IN IT-- WITH HER CUSTOM ARMOR AND EVERYTHING. I AM FLOORED. This is my avatar picture forever haha. 

Edited by BANRYU

• 1 month later...
On 5/19/2017 at 11:44 AM, BANRYU said:

tumblr_oq5ztq9Z4h1ucsp0go1_r1_250.png

Did a quick edit of the Manakete version of Nubrya / my Tiki!Morgan (AKA her Awakening iteration, where the wyvern version is her Fates iteration). I always liked imagining Manakete Morgan as wearing her dad's Tactician cloak over the manakete outfit in place of her cape and stuff and threw in Tiki's sash because why not. 

EDIT: Oh yeah forgot to link the mockup build I made for her. 

EDIT AGAIN: Another

tumblr_oq7yhw7Rao1shnqb4o1_400.png

Updated outfit for the bab

tumblr_oyd9dnMuim1shnqb4o1_250.png

Small breastplate + chainmail was the look I was going for but IDR any charas in the game who wear chainmail so just went with the Askrian scalemail instead. it's probably kind of hard to see underneath the cloak anyway so oh well

• 2 weeks later...

Did some more sprites of my dank mage dude, attempted to recreate Gespenst in tome form for him as well as its animation (in still format since I don't know how to animate RIP)

tumblr_oz4rgmv99O1ucsp0go1_250.png

tumblr_oz4rgmv99O1ucsp0go2_540.pngtumblr_oz4rgmv99O1ucsp0go3_540.png

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This might just be the worst best thing I've ever created.

DDLC_Deirdre.png

"You'll stay with me FOREVER.... WON'T YOU, SIGURD-SAMA....??!??!"

Edited by BANRYU