GFE1R [Generic FE1 Remake]

Kirb1337

OZ7OKI1.png
9DTG92n.png

PROJECT DISCORD: https://discord.gg/Z8EwVyp

What is this?

GFE1R, or Generic FE1 Remake, is a remake of the first Fire Emblem, Shadow Dragon and the Blade of light, aiming to give the game more of a gba feeling. it also features a working tactician system(Screenshots coming later), A halfbody system, skills, and in the future a game modifiers screen which will allow you to modify your game experience(example: making the classes randomized.)

Screen Gallery

JTD6bS1.pngAy4azBd.gif
tmY29ug.pngoZmoJXc.png
ALZURGd.gifLw9AjeS.png
acBumQ4.pngN57iNsv.png
WdrxFNo.pngerzIUmJ.gif

If I want to make a halfbody, how do I make it conform to the format, and how do I submit it?

Hackbox.png.3d82de339d16d3165396fd56ff285a3c.png

First of all, here is the halfbody hackbox. it is very similar to the normal hackbox, except the yellowgreen-ish part of the hackbox is for the second palette. the body part is allowed to have a second 16 colors(15+bg) palette, for convenience.

Abel.png.326d5de0aedce3c0975bee5817cf6df0.png

Here is an example mug.

as for how to submit a halfbody, either post it here on the thread when completed, or join the discord and post it there. posting on both is reccomended, though.

Edited by Kirb1337

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks cool.

One thing I would like would be for FE4 and maybe 5 to get remade in the model of the GBA games.  Then maybe they'd be a bit more user friendly.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Looks cool.

One thing I would like would be for FE4 and maybe 5 to get remade in the model of the GBA games.  Then maybe they'd be a bit more user friendly.

*insert generic You should still play FE4 comment*

43 minutes ago, Kirb1337 said:

guys this thread is supposed to be about fe1 not fe4

Sorry about that.  I support all efforts to make pre-GBA games more playable.  I love the GBA engine.

Looks like you're off to a promising start. I do have two questions, though:

Which game's script are you going to make use of - Shadow Dragon's, or the fan translations of the original FE1?

In addition, are you going to be incorporating some of Shadow Dragon's added content, like the gaiden chapters and the prologue?

36 minutes ago, Cirosan said:

Which game's script are you going to make use of - Shadow Dragon's, or the fan translations of the original FE1?

We're going to take shadow dragon's script, and edit it a bit to make it feel different.

37 minutes ago, Cirosan said:

In addition, are you going to be incorporating some of Shadow Dragon's added content, like the gaiden chapters and the prologue?

we're debating over adding in the prologue, but I can definitely tell you the gaiden chapters will be in, albeit the requirements for unlocking them will be different.

Ay4azBd.gif
Pretty much done at this point, thoughts?
added:
-An highlight
-An actual female mug
-50% less glitches

Oh, and of course daily "we need spriters because jeebus we have like 70+ halfbodies that need to be done and like 10 anims aaaaaa" request, join the discord if you can sprite, discord link in the first post

grzlhdR.png
Trying to make chapter 1's enemies more different, so you can't just steamroll with marf and the cavs.
lhgzmF0.gif
Making skills into their own stat screen page, and showing the skill names next to the skills' icons.
KxsT4QQ.png
Chapter 2 is fully done eventing-wise.
A89GLDf.png
And finally, ray blesses us with a anna halfbody.

Our updates are daily, and so is our suffering.

oh, and mods, in case you didn't see my earlier request, please move this to the concept subforum.

fv6KPhU.pngXSMY74j.pngTRUZM0k.png 
MU System is now fully done and working!

dNfwfrf.pngBJeXGs2.pngI6kTZSi.png 
New FE1-Like Map palette, thanks to glaceo!

puixd7Q.pngo5bCwka.png 
Chapter 3 is done, all that's left is polishing the map.

Other misc. updates:
The maps of the first 6 chapters are inserted, and a very rough draft for chapter 6's events has been done.
V1p9GdD.png 

That's all for today, now imma sleep, see ya tomorrow for the contuining of the rush of my life