If you were a Fire Emblem character conforming to one of the FE character archetypes, what archetype would you be?

Folt

2 minutes ago, Lord Tullus said:

Someone give me the list that has all the archetypes.  I don't know all of them. 

In all seriousness, I'd prefer to be either the Jagen archetype or the Bearded/Old Turncoat General. (not sure about the latter option, but I think it's an archetype?  Hence asking for the list )

But I'd prefer to be a Sniper with a base 12 defense. I can help do chip damage, and I still get to tank hits early on.  (INB4 No one uses the Sh*tty Sniper Pre-promote)

Here be an Archetype list from the Fire Emblem Wikia: http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Archetype

It also shows examples from various games besides the original (So the Cain & Abel archetype is represented by Kent & Sain, Kaze & Saizo, etc.) to help give an idea of how the archetype works.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a more extensive thing in mind (which was based off Awakening's classes) for an RP, but just archetype...

Probably the third cav a la Lowen to be honest, I'd doubt I fit most of the listed archetypes.

I would want to be the Ogma archetype, but I am not strong by any sense of the word. Determined and loyal, but not strong. Honestly, I would probably be the strategist and socially awkward good friend (Soren, Robin, etc.), mainly because I am smart and loyal but a bit socially awkward: high-functioning autism in my case. Speaking of which, I think it would be cool to see an autistic Fire Emblem character if one does not exist already.

Going back to the original topic, now that I think about it, characters in the Ogma archetype are rarely the definition of sociable, so I could still be one of them.

I feel like I'd probably be the sarcastic and/or pragmatic mage character, IE Erk, Soren, Leo, etc (IDK how much of a recognized/widely-spread trope this is but I like it lol). 

2 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

I feel like I'd probably be the sarcastic and/or pragmatic mage character, IE Erk, Soren, Leo, etc (IDK how much of a recognized/widely-spread trope this is but I like it lol). 

YAS, that's me too. I'm too old to be the shota mage anyway.

I'd probably be the Camus archetype- brave, loyal, and kind, but on the wrong army and refuse to turn against my country/people/beliefs. This might just be my bias towards this archetype, but I try to see the good in all people no matter what side they're on, even if I refuse to change my allegiance to someone.

However, I'd probably be a mage of some form rather than Paladin. I'm more intellectually capable than physical, and I've never had a fondness for horses. If not a magic user, I'd be a swordmaster, because swords are awesome. Stats and growth-rates don't matter because, y'know, I'm an enemy.

I'd probably be the laid-back early-game party member. I would have a dorky hobby, probably carving figures out of wood or something similar. That shoehorns me into being a cavalier, but I'd rather be a lance-fighter/soldier.

I'd have weirdo growths. High magic, skill and resistance, poor hp, strength and defense, average speed and luck. Would look kinda bad for a little while, but if you stuck with me long enough to get me a magic lance, I'll become a pretty good unit. Unless the magic weapons in this hypothetical game are bad.

I'd be a Merric. I'd be best friends with the main lord and end up saving his ass in a stick situation.

I'd be a mage obviously. My growths would be pretty decent except my speed cause I'm a lazy bitch but my magic would be above average so my damage would offset my slowness.

I would probably be a Lena; early joiner, fairly quiet, good as a staff-bot but probably not for much offensive use. My husband would also fit nicely as a smartass Thief/Julian type, so I fulfill that part of the archetype, too.

Edited by Kirie

Hmmm...considering how I am...I'd probably be a Navarre, but an interesting one. :Joshua:

While in battle, I'd have on a pretty serious persona(while not being super experienced, has the heart to fight for his loved ones and put his life on the line) and I'd be very cautious and tactical when it comes to certain things(I'd have more brains then brawns)! 

Outside of battle, however, I'd be my happy, caring, and goofy self who tries to motivate others(to a lot of people's surprise). Maybe a bit quiet and to myself sometimes, but I'd mostly be pretty positive when possible.  I would probably motivate a Lena character who thinks they aren't really helping much(when they actually are) and I'd probably be friends with a Julian character, who, while a bit rough on the outside, is actually a pretty cool person and can be a good, life long friend.   At first, I'd probably be fighting the main lord due to my village being held hostage, with my mother being among the captive earlier in the war. I join to help end the war sooner, even with my mother worried for my safety.

As for stats(and to be somewhat realistic):

Class: Solider (because of my potential as a unit)

HP: High

Strength: Medium

Defense: Medium

Speed: High (I move pretty fast IRL)

Skill: High-Medium

Luck: Medium-Low

Res.: Medium -Low 

My base stats don't seem very good, but if given so work, I can be quite the fighter!

Whether or not I'm just another fighter in the background to history, I'll live(I'm not too big on being in the spotlight anyway, just as long as I can help make the world a better place for everyone to live in! :^_^:)

And probably as a bonus, my mother who you rescue returns a couple chapters later on as a Wendell, who wishes to aid the army in the war(but more so keep her from worrying about her son, seeing how she's already lost most of her family at this point for various reasons.) 

I feel like I'd probably be an Est. I'd probably want to stay away from fighting for as long as possible, resulting in the late join time and the low join level that the archetype stipulates. I'd probably be pretty alright after a bit of training, but I wouldn't have done that training before joining due to the whole not wanting to fight thing.

Hm... well, I have rather low endurance, but rather high intelligence. I could see arguments being made for both the Merric and the... um... Caeda? Shanna? Who started the early-game peg knight class?

Ultimately, that low endurance might make me fit better as a prepromote, though. Like Wendell or... (damn you no falcoknight in Akaneia!)... Juno?

I think I'd be the Lena archetype, to be honest. Although, maybe the Maria archetype would be better since I don't have a husband nor a boyfriend to be my Julian or Nabarl (I mean honestly, who on earth would want to date/marry me)... Hmm, well I'll just stick with the Lena archetype since I think that would fit with me better.

I think I would join at chapter one (or another early chapter/paralogue) since I like helping people out (and what is one of the better ways to help then being a healer) as much and soon as I can. I'm also very quiet and shy, fairly clumsy, a bit of a doormat, and tend (very) low self-esteem but at the same time being fairly stubborn about certain things, and being highly protective for the people I care about. For my ending, hmm... I'll mostly likely be lost to history since I'm no one special.

As a unit, I'd like to think I would be a moderately decent mixed unit (with a little bit of a higher strength growth then magic). As for growths, and bases... Hmm, well since what counts as good/bad growths tends to change from game to game and 'cause I'm bad at math, I'll just do what (almost) everyone else has done but adding my own little twist! ...Of course, that also mostly depends on if the game has class growths on top of playable characters' growths or not.

Class : Cleric

HP : 16 [Growth Rate : Average]

Strength : 4 [Growth Rate : Decently High, but moderately a little better then magic]

Magic : 5 [Growth Rate : Decently High, but moderately a little worse then strength]

Skill : 4 [Growth Rate : Somewhat Decent]

Speed : 7 [Growth Rate : Moderately Decent]

Luck : 7 [Growth Rate : Average]

Defense : 4 [Growth Rate : Somewhat Average]

Resistance : 5 [Growth Rate : Somewhat Average]

Promotes into : War Cleric or Maid (...Please, let me dream that this can happen).

Secondary Classes : All the classes so I can help out better! Fighter and Dark Mage.

...I think I put a lot more thought into this then I think should have.

Realistically I'd probably be the Gordin, like, the kinda mediocre early-game Archer. Statistically, I'd probably excel in Strength and Resistance, with middling Speed, Skill, and Luck, and relatively weak Defense and HP. If applicable, I'd probably have +1 Constitution compared to normal Archers, too. According to Fire Emblem 7, my Affinity is Fire.

As for equipment and stuff, I can't really see myself coming with anything too extraordinary. Probably just a sorta standard Iron Bow and Vulnerary-type deal; maybe add a Steel Bow if I'm feeling fancy.

My personal skill would probably be something along the lines of healing (5 + (5 x Support Rank))% HP to adjacent allies at the start of each turn. Maybe not those exact numbers, but something like that. Either that or maybe something along the lines of Optimistic, Reciprocity, or Guarded Bravery. Something having to do with supporting or receiving support from others around me.

Edited by Topaz Light

I would prefer to be an est archetype! (Even tho nobody would use me) Class: Shaman (female)

I would join late, in a defensive chapter where the player would have to rush to rescue me (like in battle before dawn, but less annoying).

My base stats, would obviously be horrendous with the only basacly good stats being Magic and Resistance, Speed being particularly bad, but I would join at Lvl.1

Growths would, of course be good.

HP: Decent for a Magic user, but below average (65%)

MAG: Amazing, probably the best magic growth of the game (maybe beaten by the Gotoh) (75%)

SKL: Decent for a shaman, not to high, not to low (40%)

SPD: One of the two low stats, which a crap base speed does not help, the "flaw" of this unit. (20%)

LCK: Also incredibly high, to compensate for the low speed stat. (70%)

DEF: One of the two low stats, but I wouldn't call this a flaw cause magic users don't have much defence. (20%)

RES: The best stat, which makes this unit (me) a magic tank. (85%)

CON: Bad, enough to wield a flux tome without penalty, but bad (5)

And there you have it folks, me in the est archetype, I would also have the Dark affinity, which while not being the best, being decent. This was made for the GBA games.

Edited by PurpleKawaii

Rolf, probably Rolf. I was using a bow at his age, so put a little kid version of me into the game. Then users on the serenesforest forums can debate whether I'm worth the investment on hard difficulty. The answer, as always, being that archers are never worth the investment. Even if Bonus exp makes raising him trivial or that snipers get +15 crit in PoR.

My character would have a beard and would either be a Wolf Laguz, a Branded who is either a Draco Knight or Mercenary. My skill set would be the following Cancel, Corrosion, Resolve, Vantage and Either Aether if I was a Merc. or Stun if I was a Draco Knight. If I was Wolf Laguz my skill set would be the same but Savage instead of Aether and I would have Renewal.

I would have High amounts of HP, Strength, Speed, and Defense, with good levels of Skill alright Resistance, no magic to speak of and ok luck. HP 95% Strength 85% Speed 70% Skill 50% Defense 70% Resistance 35% Luck 25% Magic 15%. Hope this is not overboard.

I'd probably fit more as Gatrie. A flirty dude that likes to wear armour and relax. A defensive general with high defense, skill and speed growths but rather lacking strength. Not sure how useful a general like that would be..

Edited by TaeTae

Dark Mage/Shaman please, because dark magic is just plain cool. I've always loved the look of dark magic in the series. Looks so...slimy and cold and primeval. Sure, dark mages haven't exactly been the best units statistically, but most of the time they fill a niche in game as the only dark mage around, and thus they're useful even if they're mediocre statwise.

I'd be a magic-using tank. High magic, defense and resistance, but mediocre speed and subpar luck. I'd hit hard, but only hit once. I'd have enough magic to one-shot a General's paper-thin resistance and wreck any anima mages around, but be susceptible to fast attackers with good evasion and high crit potential like Myrmidons, and of course, bishops with light magic.

As for a story archetype, I'd want to pull a Lewyn and be the important/noble person travelling incognito as a wandering shaman, only to have the lies and such come back to bite me once the people and/aor magical artifacts from my past show up, with some ties to some dark and mysterious force, like a demonic entity or barely-understood god.

Also, I have my own spiffy personal dark tome, Rowynwyr (just a random scrambled name I came up with, since dark tomes generally follow that pattern). It's unlimited uses and is said to drain the life force of those it slays, and appropriately, after killing a unit it grants a+4 bonus to magic, which falls off 1/ per turn until it gets another kill, after which it resets to +4. Though it also exhausts the user (it...may be draining part of the user's soul with each use *cough*), and inflicts a -4 penalty to attack speed, which also falls off 1/ per turn until it gets another kill and resets. Balance and all that.

On 2/18/2017 at 5:38 PM, TaeTae said:

I'd probably fit more as Gatrie. A flirty dude that likes to wear armour and relax. A defensive general with high defense, skill and speed growths but rather lacking strength. Not sure how useful a general like that would be..

So like a hybrid between a Myrmidon and a General? That's...an interesting thing to picture in gameplay. Lol.

Edited by Extrasolar