FE7 lord Shipping Rankings

Magical Glace

???  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Eliwood?

2. 2. Hector?

3. 3. Lyndis?

Since I made a FE6 thread yesterday, figured maybe it'd be fun to go through the games with supports and do different polls for their lords.

So, today we have FE7.  Eliwood, Hector, and Lyndis.

I'm normally for Eliwood and Fiora or Ninian, Hector with Lyn or Florina, and Lyn with Hector.

Edited by Glaceon Mage
Added Other

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually don't like any of Eliwood's pairings, but I vote Ninian anyway because I prefer Fiora and Lyn with others. Hector x Lyn ftw for those two. I actually used to lean more towards Eliwood x Lyn, but when I saw the interactions and implied canon-ness of Hector x Lyn, I was like omg this is so good.

Also, if you're going do polls for lords of other games, Glac, I dread a Tellius one... Based on the last time this occurred, I know how it's going to turn out... Sigh.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I actually don't like any of Eliwood's pairings, but I vote Ninian anyway because I prefer Fiora and Lyn with others. Hector x Lyn ftw for those two. I actually used to lean more towards Eliwood x Lyn, but when I saw the interactions and implied canon-ness of Hector x Lyn, I was like omg this is so good.

Also, if you're going do polls for lords of other games, Glac, I dread a Tellius one... Based on the last time this occurred, I know how it's going to turn out... Sigh.

Don't have to participate if you don't want to :^_^:!  That's not meant as an insult; I'm just saying, people are gonna say what people are gonna say :P:.

I voted Eliwood x Flora, Hector x Farina and Lyn x Florina.

Normally I would go for the typical Ninian, Florina and Rath, but I found myself liking the lords with the peg knights cause why not.

6 minutes ago, FionordeQuester said:

Don't have to participate if you don't want to :^_^:!  That's not meant as an insult; I'm just saying, people are gonna say what people are gonna say :P:.

Oh, I'll participate if the poll is made... I can't ever NOT vote for a certain OTP I kinda obsess over in the FEverse. xP And there's always a chance I'll be surprised. The poll I was referring to that was posted in the past actually didn't include all the Tellius main characters and their potential ships anyway.

It also just saddens me that my favorite pairs seem to never also be ones the majority prefers (more people like Hector x Florina than Hector x Lyn, for instance, and that's one I'll absolutely never understand, while the others I can see some reasoning for, even if I don't care about them at all).

Edited by Anacybele

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I was planning on doing Tellius on Tuesday (Monday would be Sacred Stones) with two polls (one for Ike, one for Micaiah, using the beta support list as basis for the both and the FE9 final list in addition for the former).  

The last time it was done... the "Ike's wife" thread, correct?  So long as people keep what happened then in mind, I'm sure it can turn out better than that did.  I can see what you mean, but there hasn't been any drama in the FE6 thread, so I'm sure it can go well if people put their minds to respecting opinions like they do there (and thus far, here too).  

7 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I was planning on doing Tellius on Tuesday (Monday would be Sacred Stones) with two polls (one for Ike, one for Micaiah, using the beta support list as basis for the both and the FE9 final list in addition for the former).  

The last time it was done... the "Ike's wife" thread, correct?  So long as people keep what happened then in mind, I'm sure it can turn out better than that did.  I can see what you mean, but there hasn't been any drama in the FE6 thread, so I'm sure it can go well if people put their minds to respecting opinions like they do there (and thus far, here too).  

Why the beta list? I mean, I would've used supports that are actually in the games, because...well, that's what the final products included.

No, I mean a thread that was asking who out of Ike and Geoffrey was better for Elincia, aaand...Geoffrey won by a large margin, which...yeah, I was sad about. I mean, I understand if people "prefer" him because he's the actual "canon" option (I put it in quotations because it's not 100% canon, just a possible ending like the GBA pairings), but I figured the results would've been closer because you can make legit arguments for both. Ike and Elincia built up a close friendship and a lot of chemistry while Geoffrey is Elincia's childhood friend (even if they were raised as siblings, which is the main problem I have with them. I find it no different than Corrin marrying his/her siblings in Fates, which people complained a lot about...), etc. etc.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm a little surprised to see HectorxLyn not taking the lead, but I'm more than happy to see the variety in the options people have chosen! Rath and Lyn is interesting, and because of Rath's limited support pool it actually brings something nice to the table! I do have a soft spot for Kent and Lyn, I feel like it hammers home a lady and her knight vibe pretty well, on par with Midir and Aideen, along with Geoffrey and Elincia, Seth and Eirika etc.

Edited by Shin

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Why the beta list? I mean, I would've used supports that are actually in the games, because...well, that's what the final products included.

No, I mean a thread that was asking who out of Ike and Geoffrey was better for Elincia, aaand...Geoffrey won by a large margin, which...yeah, I was sad about. I mean, I understand if people "prefer" him because he's the actual "canon" option (I put it in quotations because it's not 100% canon, just a possible ending like the GBA pairings), but I figured the results would've been closer because you can make arguments for both. Ike and Elincia built up a close friendship and a lot of chemistry while Geoffrey is Elincia's childhood friend (even if they were raised as siblings, which is the main problem I have with them. I find it no different than Corrin marrying his/her siblings in Fates, which people complained a lot about...), etc. etc.

Because FE10 doesn't have full conversations and uses an everyonexeveryone structure, so the beta list is all I really have for it...  If I didn't use it, I'd basically have nothing to work with for making Micaiah's list.

Hm, well, same deal, so long as everyone keep in mind the previous happening, I think that it can be done civilly.  Opinions are opinions, after all.

Just now, Glaceon Mage said:

Because FE10 doesn't have full conversations and uses an everyonexeveryone structure, so the beta list is all I really have for it...  If I didn't use it, I'd basically have nothing to work with for making Micaiah's list.

Hm, well, same deal, so long as everyone keep in mind the previous happening, I think that it can be done civilly.  Opinions are opinions, after all.

Oh, you meant just for RD. My bad, I misread your post. For some reason, I was thinking you were using beta lists for all games.

Yeah, agreed. I'm tired of the Ike vs Geoffrey debates regarding Elincia's best match, and they make me sick. Sometimes literally. Romance is a sensitive subject for me, even when it's just fiction. I can't say why, it just is. It's silly, I know, and I wish it didn't happen, but it does.

Sometimes though, with my preferences most often not lining up with the majority's, it kind of makes me feel like I have poor taste in couples. And I don't want that...

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Sometimes though, with my preferences most often not lining up with the majority's, it kind of makes me feel like I have poor taste in couples. And I don't want that...

When games have various possible pairings, it's not uncommon for various parts of the fanbase to have different opinions. As nice as is it to have other people agree with your tastes, it's not the end of the world if they don't! Remember, your favourite might be somebody else's least favourite, and quite possibly the other way around!

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, you meant just for RD. My bad, I misread your post. For some reason, I was thinking you were using beta lists for all games.

Yeah, agreed. I'm tired of the Ike vs Geoffrey debates regarding Elincia's best match, and they make me sick. Sometimes literally. Romance is a sensitive subject for me, even when it's just fiction. I can't say why, it just is. It's silly, I know, and I wish it didn't happen, but it does.

Hey now, who says the majority is always right?  I mean, I ship Roy/Shanna, and Roy/Larum, and pretty much any Roy ship ever will always be eclipsed by Roy/Lilina in popularity.  Opinions are opinions, and if yours doesn't line up with the majority, who cares, really?  Don't let it get to you.

5 minutes ago, Shin said:

When games have various possible pairings, it's not uncommon for various parts of the fanbase to have different opinions. As nice as is it to have other people agree with your tastes, it's not the end of the world if they don't! Remember, your favourite might be somebody else's least favourite, and quite possibly the other way around!

Well yeah, this goes without saying... Anyone knows this isn't uncommon.

5 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Hey now, who says the majority is always right?  I mean, I ship Roy/Shanna, and Roy/Larum, and pretty much any Roy ship ever will always be eclipsed by Roy/Lilina in popularity.  Opinions are opinions, and if yours doesn't line up with the majority, who cares, really?  Don't let it get to you.

Yeah, but for me, this happens a lot, not just once or twice. That's the problem. I try not to let it get to me, and sometimes, yeah, the minority can be correct. I said for years that FE could one day be a major Nintendo IP, and far more popular than it was at the time. Few people believed me, and some even laughed at me and made fun of me for believing it. And of course, I was right all along. It still feels good to this day to have proven those jackasses wrong.

But I also have a habit of being wrong a lot... That's another thing. Though less relevant, admittedly, since we're talking about opinions here, not facts.

Edited by Anacybele

More often than not, I pair Eliwood and Hector with each other, since both their wives are dead by the time FE6 happens, I feel bad pairing a girl with them, and I don't like EliwoodxNinian, since that would give Roy Dragon Blood which sort of creates a plot hole for FE6, and you think it would have come up.  Since Lyn doesn't have any canon kids, I don't really feel obligated to pair her with anyone, and Kent is taken, since I pair him with Fiora, and I don't want to kill her off by paring with Eliwood or Hector, so I usually just give her a BFF pairing with Florina.

Yeah, I never call her Lyndis either. It's an ugly name, imo. Though Lyn isn't that much better to me.

EDIT: Hey, Lyn is winning for Hector and Hector has taken the lead for Lyn! How about that, never saw this happen before!

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I never call her Lyndis either. It's an ugly name, imo. Though Lyn isn't that much better to me.

Lynn was the middle name of like 30% of girls from the 80's.  Plus I have an Aunt Lynn.  Though I almost always see it spelled with two N's.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Lynn was the middle name of like 30% of girls from the 80's.  Plus I have an Aunt Lynn.  Though I almost always see it spelled with two N's.

Really? I've never met anyone with that name and I've only ever heard of a single person named Lyn or Lynn and it's a man (former Steelers receiver Lynn Swann). I figured it was a man's name, not a woman's. So Lyn being Lyn was unusual to me, and then I learned her real name was Lyndis... Just...what? Where does that come from besides her grandmother? It looks random and ugly to me.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Really? I've never met anyone with that name and I've only ever heard of a single person named Lyn or Lynn and it's a man (former Steelers receiver Lynn Swann). I figured it was a man's name, not a woman's. So Lyn being Lyn was unusual to me, and then I learned her real name was Lyndis... Just...what? Where does that come from besides her grandmother? It looks random and ugly to me.

Yeah, it was super common for my age group, at least for middle names, but I've met plenty of Lynns, mostly women. 1980-1989: Female Names Top 10 Middle Names of the Decade and Occurrences: 1. Marie (2,544) 2. Ann (1,194) 3. Lynn (1,029) 4. Nicole (764) 5. Elizabeth (650) 6. Renee (517) 7. Michelle (443) 8. Lee (426) 9. Anne (357) 10. Rose (312)

My middle name's #2.

Just now, Rezzy said:

...It's my middle name too. o.o And I hate it. Yet, I'm not of that decade, I'm a 90s kid.

We're getting off topic here though, so back to the polls.

I can see why people like Eliwood x Ninian (lots of interaction, plenty of canon implications etc.), but I just don't care for Ninian, and I do like Eliwood, and feel he deserves better. Ninian is just boring and not that pretty, imo.