1. 1. Eliwood?

2. 2. Hector?

3. 3. Lyndis?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I can see why people like Eliwood x Ninian (lots of interaction, plenty of canon implications etc.), but I just don't care for Ninian, and I do like Eliwood, and feel he deserves better. Ninian is just boring and not that pretty, imo.

I like this pairing for the story really and the interaction that those 2 got.

And I would argue that Ninian is the best dancer, in design, gameplay and backstory.

Voted for Hector and Serra because... why not at this point.

Lyn and Rath

Edited by Nym

1 minute ago, Nym said:

And I would argue that Ninian is the best dancer, in design, gameplay and backstory.

Wut? She's hardly the best dancer gameplay-wise when nowadays we have dancers/singers who can actually fight like Olivia and Azura. You have to constantly protect someone like Ninian, whereas the other two can defend themselves to a degree.

I don't agree on her design or backstory either. They're pretty meh to me.

Edited by Anacybele

i was gonna say i like all of them but looking at them again, i don't!

for eliwood i chose ninian, though i also like his supports with fiora

for hector i chose farina. i don't really like any of his that much, actually!

for lyn i picked wil. not in a romantic way i just like their supports a lot. in terms of pairs that have an actual ending together i'd probably go with florina or kent

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wut? She's hardly the best dancer gameplay-wise when nowadays we have dancers/singers who can actually fight like Olivia and Azura.

I don't agree on her design or backstory either. They're pretty meh to me.

Be honest here: how many times did you actually use Olivia or Azura in battle? Unless it's for finish off very weak units, there's no point to attack with them. They are as durable as a piece of cardboard and they do almost no dmg.

Yes, Ninian doesn't attack but she can buffs any stats, thanks to the ring items.

She looks the most elegant of any dancers, maybe not  the prettiest (because this is just an opinion).

If we compare her backstory to Olivia's and Azura's, we can see there already way much than the other 2. 

I don't hate Olivia and Azura, I actually like Olivia but not so much for Azura, but my point still stands for Ninian.

Edited by Nym
I really type too fast...

8 minutes ago, Nym said:

Be honest here: how many times did you actually use Olivia or Azura in battle? Unless it's for finish off very weak units, there's no point to attack with them. They are as durable as a piece of cardboard.

She looks the most elegant of any dancers, maybe not  the prettiest (because this is just an opinion).

If we compare her backstory to Olivia's and Azura's, we can see there already way much than the other 2. 

I don't have Olivia and Azura, I actually like Olivia but not Azura. but my point still stands for Ninian.

I used them quite a bit, actually. And yes, I did have them kill weakened enemies to get their levels higher. Admittedly, many of their benefits come from features not present in FE7 such as skills and pair-up, but they're still there. And I never said they were very durable. But at least they can counterattack!

She looks the least practical of any dancers. How can she move much in that tight dress? I was born into a family of dancers, and never in all their dancing careers did my dancer family members wear an outfit like that to perform. Many dancers wear somewhat revealing clothing, but it's for mobility and flexibility. Ninian doesn't look like she can move much at all, and hell, her animation even kind of shows this! She barely moves. She just sorta spins and then bows...wow, SO elegant... Olivia and Tethys spin faster and jump and stuff, which is much more interesting to look at. Also, Ninian's dress goes past her feet, how does she not accidentally step on it when dancing?

I never said Azura or Olivia had better backstories. I actually don't care much for the backstories of any dancers/singers, save for maybe Reyson.

Edited by Anacybele

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I used them quite a bit, actually. And yes, I did have them kill weakened enemies to get their levels higher. Admittedly, many of their benefits come from features not present in FE7 such as skills and pair-up, but they're still there. And I never said they were very durable. But at least they can counterattack!

Yes but you're using the fact that they can attack as an argument as if  they are better than Ninian or not which, in the end, doesn't matter since fighting is not their primary focus anyway. That's just allow them to not be a sitting duck when they are being attacked. And I seen Shadowofchaos turning Olivia into a fighter but that required a ton of gridings.

She looks the least practical of any dancers. How can she move much in that tight dress? I was born into a family of dancers, and never in all their dancing careers did my dancer family members wear an outfit like that to perform. Many dancers wear somewhat revealing clothing, but it's for mobility and flexibility. Ninian doesn't look like she can move much at all, and hell, her animation even kind of shows this! She barely moves. She just sorta spins and then bows...wow, SO elegant... Olivia and Tethys spin faster and jump and stuff, which is much more interesting to look at.

To be fair, Ninian said her dance was a sacred dance so that's explain her clothes and her movements.

Her dance is more gracious, if you prefer.

Plus, don't you think that make her a little bit unique? I mean, aside from Reyson of course, all dancers have revealing clothes. At least Azura can sing.

I never said Azura or Olivia had better backstories. I actually don't care much for the backstories of any dancers/singers, save for maybe Reyson.

Ah, but don't say your disagree on the backstory, next time.

Edited by Nym

34 minutes ago, Nym said:

Be honest here: how many times did you actually use Olivia or Azura in battle? Unless it's for finish off very weak units, there's no point to attack with them. They are as durable as a piece of cardboard and they do almost no dmg.

Yes, Ninian doesn't attack but she can buffs any stats, thanks to the ring items.

I don't hate Olivia and Azura, I actually like Olivia but not so much for Azura, but my point still stands for Ninian.

Olivia? Never. Azura? Quite a bit. Azura has a nice strength growth, and makes for a good attack stance attacker with some of the slaying weapons. C rank in lances will do that. 

Ninian is cool though. I like those rings, but those are kinda built into "special dance" etc now. So it's not nearly as special now, Nini's Grace is probably the most noteworthy. That said, I DO like Ninian's dancer persona the most. The calm and elegant one. And unlike Azura, Ninian likes talking and isn't strangely aloof. 

1 hour ago, Nym said:

Ah, but don't say your disagree on the backstory, next time.

What? There was nothing wrong with saying that. I said I disagreed that Ninian had a good backstory, that's all.

Ninian, Farina, Rath has always been my headcanon.

Ninian is self-explanatory.

Farina is the only female that is in Hector's route only, and thus is kind of specific to him. Plus, a Pegasus Knight knida explains why Lilina has some magical inclination. Florina and Serra could also explain this, but Lilina acts more like Farina than either of them. Plus the blue hair, which is obviously from Hector, but still.

Rath's ending with Lyn is the only one that mentions Sue's birth, and Rath gets Lyn's attention immediately as soon as he shows up. Plus, Lyn living out in the plains and living with Saceans fits her personality way more than going to becoming a queen or dragging somebody else out into the middle of nowhere.

Edited by Slumber

58 minutes ago, Augestein said:

Olivia? Never. Azura? Quite a bit. Azura has a nice strength growth, and makes for a good attack stance attacker with some of the slaying weapons. C rank in lances will do that. 

Ninian is cool though. I like those rings, but those are kinda built into "special dance" etc now. So it's not nearly as special now, Nini's Grace is probably the most noteworthy. That said, I DO like Ninian's dancer persona the most. The calm and elegant one. And unlike Azura, Ninian likes talking and isn't strangely aloof. 

Yeah but in Conquest , I'm way to scare to take a risk unless I'm 100% sure nothing will harm Azura.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What? There was nothing wrong with saying that. I said I disagreed that Ninian had a good backstory, that's all.

Oops, mb

I can kinda see Eliwood x Fiora, but it's really hard not to like Eliwood x Ninian haha ;; makes me wonder if Roy ever knew he was half dragon-person...

As for Hector and Lyn, I like Florina/Farina for Hector and Rath for Lyn... formerly. After playing FE6 though, it's reeeeally hard to ignore the resemblance between Lyn and Lilina. So... yeah there's that. 

One reason why I like Rath for Lyn better than her other options is because in her supports with Hector and Kent it almost feels like she gets defensive when she thinks they imply that she's not strong enough to take care of herself. Well, she definitely gets pissed at Hector when he doesn't want to spar against her because he may hurt her and feels as if he's looking down upon her, and even though she still says it civilly to Kent she asks him, "do you think I can't take care of myself"? In contrast, she thanks Rath for helping her and for saving her again and worries that he might be angry at her for dragging him into her business. Yeah, they're fellow nomads and all, but it still also comes off as a girl crushing on a guy. Also, I'd say that Rath sees her as an equal and a fellow sister of the plains. He doesn't make any declarations to protect her, but reminds her to be vigilant and does watch her back as fellow equals should.

That said, I feel Rath deserves better than Lyn. So even though Rath is my favorite option for Lyn, I wish that he had a better option than her.

Hector totally crushes on Lyn though...and so does Kent (And Sain, but he doesn't count because he's freaking Sain lol). How is that any different? Especially since the former isn't even in a support, it's a different conversation where Hector literally says "I can't hit the woman I've lost my heart to." This is the one Hector moment I really liked too. I chuckled. lol Also, I'm a person that often feels bad for someone if they don't win their crush. And in this case, I even had to choose between Hector and Kent here, and I went with those crush I saw first, pretty much, and the fact that I just don't dig knight x princess pairings much at all, even though the reasoning for it can vary.

I mean, Rath did save Lyn, and that's great. But I just found their support and relationship pretty bland. That said, I have similar feelings on Eliwood x Ninian that you do for Rath x Lyn, being that while I think Ninian is Eliwood's best option, I wish he had someone better that I didn't already ship with someone else.

Oh, but I forgot to mention, I for some reason like one-sided Kent/Lyn on Kent's part... I did write it into my short Sain/Fiora famliy and friendship story, after all. :P Sorry, Kent... But I did give you Florina!

Edited by Anacybele

54 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I mean, Rath did save Lyn, and that's great. But I just found their support and relationship pretty bland. That said, I have similar feelings on Eliwood x Ninian that you do for Rath x Lyn, being that while I think Ninian is Eliwood's best option, I wish he had someone better that I didn't already ship with someone else.

You can always be a REBEL and ship Eliwood with Farina or something if you dislike Ninian.

...Maybe I should start including "Other" options in these polls.

11 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

You can always be a REBEL and ship Eliwood with Farina or something if you dislike Ninian.

...Maybe I should start including "Other" options in these polls.

...Yeah, there really isn't any female in the game that I would ship him with, whether he could support them or not.

Hector×Florina is just ew

Agreed 100%. I don't understand the love for this pairing. The support consists only of Florina trying to say sorry to Hector for dropping her Pegasus on him and completely failing until the very end. There's no development or anything and it isn't even cute. It's just dumb and annoying. Awakening does something similar with Olivia/Vaike, and people complain about it, yet love Hector x Florina. It baffles me completely.

Edited by Anacybele

I do EliwoodxNinian because part dragon Roy, HectorxFlorina just because I find the support cute and funny and I ship LynxKent just to be weird and I like it.

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Hector totally crushes on Lyn though...and so does Kent (And Sain, but he doesn't count because he's freaking Sain lol). How is that any different? Especially since the former isn't even in a support, it's a different conversation where Hector literally says "I can't hit the woman I've lost my heart to." This is the one Hector moment I really liked too. I chuckled. lol Also, I'm a person that often feels bad for someone if they don't win their crush. And in this case, I even had to choose between Hector and Kent here, and I went with those crush I saw first, pretty much, and the fact that I just don't dig knight x princess pairings much at all, even though the reasoning for it can vary.

It's different to me because I don't see Lyn reciprocating Hector and Kent's affections until either the conversation that occurs late in Hector's route only if he and Lyn have an A support, or in Kent and Lyn's support AFTER he confesses. In contrast, Rath acts a bit differently around Lyn. Such as when he ended his employment in his recruitment chapter to help Lyn and how he reacted at hearing her name when he shows up on the map. Lyn is also the only person whom he ever tells his backstory to and I think that shows he trusts her with it. He doesn't tell anything to Wil or Guy, not even when Guy asks him if he also from the Kutolah and if he's the chieftain's son. So if he really didn't want to tell Lyn, he would've told her to fuck off (or ignored her).

Also, "winning their crush" is not a good perspective to have. I'm talking specifically about "winning", because love isn't something to be "won" or to be "lost". It is something that is to be mutually earned because the people on both ends have come to love and respect each other, because they are a good match for each other. All too often someone that you "crush" on is not the right person for you. And if you're going with the logic of "I'm going with the crush I saw first", then by that logic Lyn showed indications of having a crush on Rath one chapter before Hector even made a cameo. And Kent existed long before either of them.

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I mean, Rath did save Lyn, and that's great. But I just found their support and relationship pretty bland.

Sometimes, the relationships that seem "bland" to people on the outside can be the most stable and the ones that work out the best, because there is little drama and both participants trust each other enough to have conversations like mature adults. I can relate with a relationship that looks "bland" or even "not like a relationship" to anyone looking in from the outside. I'll also fight anyone who tells me such a relationship is boring or bland.

11 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Also, "winning their crush" is not a good perspective to have. I'm talking specifically about "winning", because love isn't something to be "won" or to be "lost". It is something that is to be mutually earned because the people on both ends have come to love and respect each other, because they are a good match for each other. All too often someone that you "crush" on is not the right person for you. And if you're going with the logic of "I'm going with the crush I saw first", then by that logic Lyn showed indications of having a crush on Rath one chapter before Hector even made a cameo. And Kent existed long before either of them.

Hey, I'm aware of all this. I never meant "winning" in a literal sense. I'm not an idiot, of course love has to be earned between both parties. When I say "winning" here, I never meant it in a literal sense at all. So please don't crap on my views like that. And by your logic, Rath is not right for Lyn because you believe she crushed on him. A crush does not mean the person isn't right for you. Sometimes your crush may not be right for you, sometimes they might.

And you're wrong, actually. I never really did any supports in the game because they take way too damn long to trigger, I read some online. And Hector's line about "the woman he lost his heart to" isn't in a support either, so I saw it first, and later read his supports with Lyn. I never read Kent x Lyn. I later looked at Kent/Sain which is where Kent reveals he has feelings for Lyn. I don't recall any indication of Lyn having a crush on Rath and I think I did look at their support once.

By the way, Rath may trust Lyn, but that doesn't automatically mean he loves her. Trust =/= love.

Sometimes, the relationships that seem "bland" to people on the outside can be the most stable and the ones that work out the best, because there is little drama and both participants trust each other enough to have conversations like mature adults. I can relate with a relationship that looks "bland" or even "not like a relationship" to anyone looking in from the outside. I'll also fight anyone who tells me such a relationship is boring or bland.

I...really have no idea what you're saying here, and I honestly don't care. I find bland what I find bland, that's that.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And you're wrong, actually. I never really did any supports in the game because they take way too damn long to trigger, I read some online. And Hector's line about "the woman he lost his heart to" isn't in a support either, so I saw it first, and later read his supports with Lyn. I never read Kent x Lyn. I later looked at Kent/Sain which is where Kent reveals he has feelings for Lyn. I don't recall any indication of Lyn having a crush on Rath and I think I did look at their support once.

By the way, Rath may trust Lyn, but that doesn't automatically mean he loves her. Trust =/= love.

If you never did any of the supports in the game, that means you have a limited scope of what a lot of the characters think and feel. In that case, no one else would've had a chance in your mind because you didn't even finish the game or look at any other supports. You decided you liked Hector/Lyn without giving any of their other pairings a chance. Which is absolutely fine, but in which case you should say that it's the only one you ever actually tried at all. And yes, there is very much a difference between only actually trying out one pairing and saying you like it without doing any others, and doing every single pairing like how I did and then picking favorites.

Also, Rath is a very subtle character that I think most people don't know what to make of, and so he gets misclassified as boring because people can't look beyond the surface. One has to really read through his supports with all of his support partners (there's only three of them) to see the subtle shifts in how he talks to people and to get an idea of why he is the way he is. Lyn's crush on Rath is more noticeable in their supports, where (again, as I stated in one of my earlier posts here) she thanks him for saving her rather than accusing him of thinking she can't take care of herself, and seems interested in asking about him and getting to know him better. This would be a lot easier to discuss if you've read more FE7 supports in general.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I...really have no idea what you're saying here, and I honestly don't care. I find bland what I find bland, that's that.

What I'm saying is that just because you think it's bland, doesn't mean it's necessarily a bland relationship. Just as what you think is a good or "exciting" relationship may not be that good or exciting. There are lots of people who have relationship that may look "bland" to you, but are just as stable (if not more) than something that seems more "exciting" or "romantic" to you.

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

If you never did any of the supports in the game, that means you have a limited scope of what a lot of the characters think and feel. In that case, no one else would've had a chance in your mind because you didn't even finish the game or look at any other supports. You decided you liked Hector/Lyn without giving any of their other pairings a chance. Which is absolutely fine, but in which case you should say that it's the only one you ever actually tried at all. And yes, there is very much a difference between only actually trying out one pairing and saying you like it without doing any others, and doing every single pairing like how I did and then picking favorites.

Also, Rath is a very subtle character that I think most people don't know what to make of, and so he gets misclassified as boring because people can't look beyond the surface. One has to really read through his supports with all of his support partners (there's only three of them) to see the subtle shifts in how he talks to people and to get an idea of why he is the way he is. Lyn's crush on Rath is more noticeable in their supports, where (again, as I stated in one of my earlier posts here) she thanks him for saving her rather than accusing him of thinking she can't take care of herself, and seems interested in asking about him and getting to know him better. This would be a lot easier to discuss if you've read more FE7 supports in general.

No, it doesn't, because like I said, I read the supports online due to it taking far too long to unlock them in the game. I did give other pairings a chance. I've read Eliwood x Lyn, Hector x Lyn, Hector x Florina, Sain x Fiora, Kent x Fiora, Wil x Rebecca, Sain x Rebecca, and I just said I believe I looked at Rath x Lyn at least once too. I decided I liked Hector x Lyn, Wil x Rebecca, and Sain x Fiora the best.

I never said I thought Rath was a bland character. I feel like he's a little deeper than that, but with some missed opportunity, probably due to the low support pool and little story relevance. And there you go again saying Lyn has a crush on Rath when you're also saying a crush usually means the person is not right for you. You're still basically saying Rath is likely not right for her!

What I'm saying is that just because you think it's bland, doesn't mean it's necessarily a bland relationship. Just as what you think is a good or "exciting" relationship may not be that good or exciting. There are lots of people who have relationship that may look "bland" to you, but are just as stable (if not more) than something that seems more "exciting" or "romantic" to you.

...Did you just completely throw the idea of an opinion out the window here? Because it feels like you're telling me that I'm wrong to say something is bland sometimes and thinking something is bland or not is an opinion, not fact.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, it doesn't, because like I said, I read the supports online due to it taking far too long to unlock them in the game. I did give other pairings a chance. I've read Eliwood x Lyn, Hector x Lyn, Hector x Florina, Sain x Fiora, Kent x Fiora, Wil x Rebecca, Sain x Rebecca, and I just said I believe I looked at Rath x Lyn at least once too. I decided I liked Hector x Lyn, Wil x Rebecca, and Sain x Fiora the best.

I never said I thought Rath was a bland character. I feel like he's a little deeper than that, but with some missed opportunity, probably due to the low support pool and little story relevance. And there you go again saying Lyn has a crush on Rath when you're also saying a crush usually means the person is not right for you. You're still basically saying Rath is likely not right for her!

The question is, did you go into it with an open mind? Did you read all supports that were not pairings to get an idea of what these characters act like compared to other people whom they can't romantically support? Or were you looking for excuses in your mind to continue shipping what you do? I'll outright admit that I didn't want to like any other pairing for Takumi or Oboro in Fates because I felt they went the best together. Except I'll totally admit that I was biased towards them to begin with, and I'm a lot less passionate about pairings in general so if someone else likes them with other people, that's totally fine. I don't care, as long as they're not going around character bashing either of them to make their other preferred pairing work.

I think that of the four options Lyn is given, Rath is likely the best choice for Lyn. Of the four guys she can marry, he seems to be the one to curb her impulsiveness the most, and he watches her back without her being offended about it. Maybe he's not the best choice in the world, but he seems a better match for her than Hector, Kent, or Eliwood. On the contrary, I feel it's LYN who's not right for Rath. Oh, Rath, you could do so much better than Lyn.

Also, you do realize you completely misinterpreted (either purposefully or accidentally) what I was trying to say? I didn't say that a crush usually meant that the person is not right for you. I said that it was all too often that people develop a crush on someone and they realize that they actually have nothing compatible with the person as a lover. Or in other words, having a crush on someone does not automatically mean "true love". I really have no idea how you even misinterpreted this.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Did you just completely throw the idea of an opinion out the window here? Because it feels like you're telling me that I'm wrong to say something is bland sometimes and thinking something is bland or not is an opinion, not fact.

Did you know that being an opinion doesn't necessarily mean it's right, especially when it concerns the affairs of other people? Let's say that you walk past a couple who are out together, and for some reason they draw your attention. The girl is short, looks like she's barely 18, and is obviously Asian. The guy she is with is taller, like over a foot taller than her, he has facial hair and looks older, like he's in his early 30s, and he's a white dude.

If someone who saw that couple together had the opinion of, "she's a barely legal mail order bride from Asia, and he's a dirty old man who wants a submissive Asian woman", that's an opinion. But they would still be wrong, because the girl is actually 25 years old and she only looks young because ASIANS DON'T AGE and was born in this country, while the white guy is 24 years old, forgot to shave that morning (which makes him look older), and is a European college student studying at the same university as the girl. Which is where they met and got together. Do you see what I mean now? Some opinions can be wrong, especially if they're opinions about other people whom you don't know.

Since Lyn and Rath are fictional characters, it's perfectly fine if you believe their relationship is bland. I disagree, but they're fictional and you're fine to have a different opinion as me. But some opinions CAN be wrong, especially when they concern other people.

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I think that of the four options Lyn is given, Rath is likely the best choice for Lyn. Of the four guys she can marry, he seems to be the one to curb her impulsiveness the most, and he watches her back without her being offended about it. Maybe he's not the best choice in the world, but he seems a better match for her than Hector, Kent, or Eliwood. On the contrary, I feel it's LYN who's not right for Rath. Oh, Rath, you could do so much better than Lyn.

I just feel Lyn x Kent is great because it goes so well with A Rank Lyn x B rank Sain. And I like the friendship  we get between the two social knights. Plus it's obvious how much they like each other in Lyn Mode, there's just more pressing things to be done at the moment. Honestly most of Lyn's pairings are pretty decent. That's the beauty of the early supports I guess.