What if they make a new game or a remaster based on the poll?

Zervinio

Now with the most popular characters being from the old games, do you think that IS will see it and give us a new game based on their story? Like a remastered version of the Tellius games or blazing sword? How awesome would that be?

Blazing Sword doesn't need a remaster, it's fine as is. The GBA graphics are really nice even today. And I personally prefer it didn't get remade either since I don't think it's a good game and would be a waste of my money. But that's just me.

Tellius would be sweet though, since the games are currently very inaccessible, yet very good. But I think IS seems to prefer going in release order. Well, sort of, since New Mystery was technically FE3. But Marth's games came first, and now we're getting Gaiden, which is FE2. So logically, FE4 and FE5 coming next is the best guess. I'd love to have those as well, btw. Tellius, Jugdral, and Magvel are really the only continents I give much of a damn about. xP

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Pretty much.

I really really need Thracia. After playing it, I really love it.

I really want to play that one. My friend is coming over tomorrow and is going to help me emulate it correctly (and avoid things like viruses and stuff).

I also hope echoes does well so we're more likely to get more remakes in the future.

I just hope that if FE4 and 5 are remade, the difficulty is toned down a little. Don't people say these games are very hard and the hardest in the series?

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

I just hope that if FE4 and 5 are remade, the difficulty is toned down a little. Don't people say these games are very hard and the hardest in the series?

Genealogy isn't that difficult, actually. Thracia I haven't played yet.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

At the same time, it's the original mechanics that give the older games more appeal...same with the very hard difficulty. At least keep the original difficulty and mechanics as an optional mode in addition to casual mode and stuff.

I'm doubtful that they will. If they were going to base a game remake/port on any poll results, it would have been that poll regarding peoples' favorite lord that Ike won. The Tellius duology will probably get a Switch VC release at some point after launch, but I'd imagine that would have more to do with Ike's surge in popularity than it does with this poll.

Edited by AzureSen

4 minutes ago, Dinar87 said:

At the same time, it's the original mechanics that give the older games more appeal...same with the very hard difficulty. At least keep the original difficulty and mechanics as an optional mode in addition to casual mode and stuff.

No. The games would probably be unplayable for me if they're not made easier and I'll be hesitant to buy them. I also think this would make newer fans hesitant to buy them because they're used to Awakening and Fates and all.

I'm not saying FE4 and 5 should be super easy, I'd still like some form of challenge. RD was a nice challenge, even on easy. Screw people that complained it was too hard. I'd like something similar to that.

While part of me isn't sure, another part of me thinks that this may spark some interest in that direction. If people love certain characters a lot, they probably like the game!

Of course FE4 & 5 are the most anticipated. If they ever do 6 & 7, I want them to, if possible, fuse the games together and pull a FE4 since a good chunk of characters ARE the children of characters of from FE7. Also, instead of going 3D, just stick to the 2D sprites and update them to make them really smooth and nice and add the Tactician as a unit so I can support them with Lyn...PLEASE :Rei: (Also, tweak the RNG for FE6 and stop with attacking reinforcements on the same turn and we'll be golden! It will make me like the game a lot more! Although Chapter 14:Arcadia will probably still suck regardless...)

As for the Tellius games, for PoR, add Maniac mode, that's all I really want...maybe make a few buffs for thieves or something small of that manner(and maybe let other units be able to damage the final boss because there is so much special dialogue you miss out on in that fight since you wouldn't think to use anyone else besides Ike. The whole "Blessed Armor" thing should only be a thing for his second phase in hard mode).

RD, besides actual support(and maybe have it coincide with the system they already have in that game), add a few new things like dialogue, chapters(for the sake of leveling characters and getting supports...maybe go old school and make Gaiden chapters like in the GBA games...it would help the DB...), and a couple of endings(and maybe a few tiny retcons for certain things because Ike leaving is something that's kinda griped with me for some time...give him a ending with Elincia...and also give an ending for Mist with Rolf...that would make me happy :D: ).

And for every game(of course)...ADD CASUAL MODE!

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

No. The games would probably be unplayable for me if they're not made easier and I'll be hesitant to buy them. I also think this would make newer fans hesitant to buy them because they're used to Awakening and Fates and all.

I'm not saying FE4 and 5 should be super easy, I'd still like some form of challenge. RD was a nice challenge, even on easy. Screw people that complained it was too hard. I'd like something similar to that.

If they remaster FE4 and 5, all they really need to do is add Casual mode. 

As for RD being "too hard", that game(and correct me if I'm wrong) just uses a RNG system that both Awakening and Fates(and FE1-5) have. Whatever the hit chance is, that's what the hit chance is(so your actual luck is honestly quite a factor because while missing a with a hit chance of 96% or getting hit with a 36% hit rate AND being critted by 1% chance is very unlikely, it will more likely happen if your luck ain't on your side at that moment......grrr...darn Onmyoji got me like that...TWICE :LyonEvil:).

Edited by Busterman64

I refuse to play casual mode though, because I prefer the classic FE gameplay. But if the game is so hard that I'm failing the first or second maps repeatedly, which I can definitely see happening for Thracia in particular, I won't want to play at all.

As for Tellius, all I want in a remaster is Ike's ending totally changed and not be the stupidity that it is, and the only endings I really want added are Ike x Elincia, Rolf x Mist, and Kieran x Marcia. Oh, and Aran x Laura as well. Actual support conversations would be nice too. And that's really it.

Edited by Anacybele

FE5 yes, but fe4 is pretty easy.

FE4 is not difficult at all. It's just different, and some people had trouble adjusting to the mechanics so they think it's hard. In reality it's actually pretty easy.

FE5 is hard if you go into it blind and extremely easy to trivialize if you don't. 

I do not think either should be toned down as a normal difficulty, but for accessibility's sake I would not mind an easy mode.

tbh I'd be down with a direct port with better graphics and just put more of the stuff in kaga's notes into the game

54 minutes ago, Busterman64 said:

As for RD being "too hard", that game(and correct me if I'm wrong) just uses a RNG system that both Awakening and Fates(and FE1-5) have.

FE10 has the RNG system introduced in FE6, that is, the averaging of two numbers.

So does 13, last I checked.

Fates is a weirdo and uses something different.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

FE5 is infamous for being difficult such as by having quite a few gameplay mechanics that are just there to screw with the player like healing staves having hit rates (meaning a timely heal can fail just because of the RNG) or the stamina mechanic. FE4, meanwhile, isn't necessarily difficult but the maps are huge so completing missions can take a good while (mounted classes are considered very good for this reason).

RD was a nice challenge, even on easy. Screw people that complained it was too hard. I'd like something similar to that.

It's more on the fault of the team that localized RD; what's really Easy difficulty in the localized version is actually Normal difficulty in the Japanese version; Normal difficulty is actually Hard difficulty; Hard difficulty is actually Maniac mode. This artificially made the game more difficult for players who are unfamiliar with Radiant Dawn but want a challenge right away and caused it to be a contributing factor in RD having lackluster sales.

42 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Not according to most. I usually see people say it's hard.

huh. I usually hear that FE 4 is easy, and it was easy for me.

7 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

It's more on the fault of the team that localized RD; what's really Easy difficulty in the localized version is actually Normal difficulty in the Japanese version; Normal difficulty is actually Hard difficulty; Hard difficulty is actually Maniac mode. This artificially made the game more difficult for players who are unfamiliar with Radiant Dawn but want a challenge right away and caused it to be a contributing factor in RD having lackluster sales.

Yeah, I've been aware of this for quite some time now... It's the blunder that caused PoR easy mode data to be untransferable, much to my annoyance, and I had gotten a copy of RD too late to send it in to fix the bug.

But on the flip side, it was still good that easy mode wasn't totally easy. I felt that Awakening was far too easy. Fates Birthright isn't as easy, but it's not hard either. I just wound up with bad luck in the Endgame and Corrin got killed due to missing her attack which WOULD have let me finish Garon off on my turn had it hit (it was a counterattack that missed). I haven't re-attempted it since because I never felt like it and I would've had to redo chapter 27 as well which pissed me off. Still, I wouldn't really complain if the difficulty resembled Fates Birthright.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm not sure they'll remake the game of whoever wins, especially now that they've gone back to Gaiden as if to fill a gap. 

I do think, however, that if someone like Lyn wins, who has been under the radar for many years now so to speak, we'll be seeing more of her in the near future. For starters, I'd be surprised if she didn't make an appearance in Fire Emblem Warriors, be it from the get-go or through DLC, in large part because of her victory. If she can keep the top spot, of course.

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Blazing Sword doesn't need a remaster, it's fine as is. The GBA graphics are really nice even today. And I personally prefer it didn't get remade either since I don't think it's a good game and would be a waste of my money. But that's just me.

Tellius would be sweet though, since the games are currently very inaccessible, yet very good. But I think IS seems to prefer going in release order. Well, sort of, since New Mystery was technically FE3. But Marth's games came first, and now we're getting Gaiden, which is FE2. So logically, FE4 and FE5 coming next is the best guess. I'd love to have those as well, btw. Tellius, Jugdral, and Magvel are really the only continents I give much of a damn about. xP

I love Tellius more than the others too to be honest, mainly because of Ike and his crew since they are my favorite team

1 hour ago, OpheliaNohrPrincess said:

I severely doubt the poll will effect which game/s get a remake first or game based on where said character is from(since they use assets all the time) but I do believe characters like Lyn and Ike will get more recognition from IS and appear in more games then they already are.

I hope so, i mean we need more lords from the older games since they were better in my opinion, however i do love both fates and awakening 

2 minutes ago, Zervinio said:

I love Tellius more than the others too to be honest, mainly because of Ike and his crew since they are my favorite team

Me too, I don't care about any of the worlds currently in Heroes. Elibe sucks, Awakening and Fates don't even give names to their sorely underdeveloped continents, and I'm unfamiliar with Archanea and didn't like Shadow Dragon.

Tellius is my favorite continent by far, followed by Magvel and I'm also interested in Jugdral. The Greil Mercs are my favorite group too, always loved their dynamic and teamwork!

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Me too, I don't care about any of the worlds currently in Heroes. Elibe sucks, Awakening and Fates don't even give names to their sorely underdeveloped continents, and I'm unfamiliar with Archanea and didn't like Shadow Dragon.

Tellius is my favorite continent by far, followed by Magvel and I'm also interested in Jugdral. The Greil Mercs are my favorite group too, always loved their dynamic and teamwork!

I mean Tellius had the best lore in my opinion, AND an intersting story. And i guess im an Ike fanboy.