Easiest Fire Emblem game

DarkDestr0yer61

Easiest Fire Emblem game   

117 members have voted

1. 1. Easiest Fire Emblem game (on classic mode)

• Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light.
    • Gaiden
    • Mystery of the Emblem Book 1
    • Mystery of the Emblem Book 2
    • Genealogy of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Blade
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance
    • Radiant Dawn
    • Shadow Dragon
    • New Mystery of the Emblem
    • Awakening
    • Birthright
    • Conquest
    • Revelations

I saw a thread in the section talking about the hardest Fire Emblem game. And there's some rule of nature out there or something where if one thread exist, then the opposite must exist or something like that.

Anywho, I am basing this poll on classic mode because of course casual mode makes the game easier than those games that don't have it. And Phoenix mode will disqualify every game that is not Fates.

The easiest mode in any game is most likely Awakenings normal mode. The enemies are much weaker than your units, even before factoring pair up stat boosts.

The easiest hard mode is Path of Radiance hard mode (the localized version). This hard mode is barely different from normal mode. Your units only slightly struggle in the early game, after that you can easily steam roll the entire game. The japanese exculisive maniac mode is pretty hard though.

Sacred Stones definitely. While yes Awakening is mind numbing easy on Normal, when you take into account Hard, Lunatic and Lunatic +, Awakening ain't so easy.

Meanwhile SS is pretty easy on all difficulties. While at first Hard may be difficult, once you get the hang of it it really isn't any more, also Awakening Luna + has enemies with random skills, yeah.

Path of Radiance by far, due to the amount of broken things you get right off the bat, especially with Bonus Experience, sure Sacred Stones has Seth, Franz and such but they can't have massive exp boosts out of nowhere making them even better like Titania, Marcia and Jill do.

Edited by Jedi

I love everything about Sacred Stones except for it's difficulty.

It's my favorite FE purely because of the story and characters, but when you have Ephraim, someone who literally sweeps entire armies, the gameplay isn't a problem.

Awakening is what me thinks! :P:  Minus a few maps or two(and not considering the harder modes), it's not that hard(especially since you can break the game easily). Also, I started on hard mode my first playthrough, so I know it not all too difficult.

Sacred Stones is easy too(and a pretty close 2'nd), but It has more moments of challenge then Awakening(and it's not as easy to break).

Path of Radiance is what I call a "fun easy" game. Sure it's not that hard and I consider hard mode as "Normal Mode"(and I think it technically is) and mainly play that mode whenever I play the game, but I always have fun whenever I play it(something I can say a lot more confidentially then SS and A. I do find all 3 games fun, but I just get more enjoyment out of PoR whenever I play it personally). :Joshua: 

1 hour ago, FiboSai said:

The easiest mode in any game is most likely Awakenings normal mode. The enemies are much weaker than your units, even before factoring pair up stat boosts.

The easiest hard mode is Path of Radiance hard mode (the localized version). This hard mode is barely different from normal mode. Your units only slightly struggle in the early game, after that you can easily steam roll the entire game. The japanese exculisive maniac mode is pretty hard though.

I've always been interested in playing that...it sounds fun! I'm always up and ready for a totally crazy good challenge in FE(that's fair...*glares at Awakening's Lunatic modes*)! Besides, I feel like I know PoR enough to handle it! :B):

Going for FE8, since that did not hide a much harder difficulty in localization

FE9 Maniac makes enemies super beefy, make thieves arrive extremely early in some of the maps they are in and lategame maps are littered with siege tome users. Blizzard is especially prominent to keep your fliers in check. When people say to steal Physics, you really should (you only get 2 at best when it matters and you will need more for the hellish last few chapters that send high powered enemies at you. Chapter 26 is hell on that difficulty)

I am kind of surprised no one voted for this yet, but I am going to say Birthright. It's fairly easy even on lunatic (which, btw, I know I am nitpicking. But if it is named lunatic, it should be atleast somewhat difficult. FE 12's normal mode feels harder imo). Most of your units are fairly good, and the Hoshidan Royals are on steroids. I don't think Awakening Lunatic is hard, but the first 4 chapters I feel like we're genuinely difficult. While Birthright, on the other hand, I found only 1 chapter difficult.... and that was before the main game

It's a tie between Awakening and Sacred Stones. Awakening has the tendency to be incredibly breakable, but it also has several points in the story where enemies levels shoot up, and there are several difficulty spikes. Plus, adding in difficulties, the difficulty ceiling is MUCH higher. 

Sacred Stones is less breakable, but there are no difficulty spikes, and the game is consistently a breeze except for chapter 11 on Ephraim's route and the ceiling was built for a child. 

11 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

I am kind of surprised no one voted for this yet, but I am going to say Birthright. It's fairly easy even on lunatic (which, btw, I know I am nitpicking. But if it is named lunatic, it should be atleast somewhat difficult. FE 12's normal mode feels harder imo). Most of your units are fairly good, and the Hoshidan Royals are on steroids. I don't think Awakening Lunatic is hard, but the first 4 chapters I feel like we're genuinely difficult. While Birthright, on the other hand, I found only 1 chapter difficult.... and that was before the main game

I think most people won't say Birthright because who would do challenge runs in Birthright? Up until you get to Lunatic, Birthright is a much more difficult game than Awakening, its closest comparison as far as mechanics go. 

48 minutes ago, Peppy said:

Going for FE8, since that did not hide a much harder difficulty in localization

FE9 Maniac makes enemies super beefy, make thieves arrive extremely early in some of the maps they are in and lategame maps are littered with siege tome users. Blizzard is especially prominent to keep your fliers in check. When people say to steal Physics, you really should (you only get 2 at best when it matters and you will need more for the hellish last few chapters that send high powered enemies at you. Chapter 26 is hell on that difficulty)

Ooohhh...sounds fun! :evil:

No, seriously, that sounds difficult, but still fun! 

18 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

I wouldn't really know since I haven't played Birthright, but it's at least it's a bit more balanced then Awakening (Skills like Counter aren't buffed to annoying degrees and pair-up isn't as "I win"! Then again, most Hoshido skills are pretty dang helpful to them...which is why Conquest can be so dang hard sometimes......eh, what do I know? :hat:). 

Are we assuming the easiest available difficulty setting? Shadow Dragon isn't fresh in my mind but I imagine its easiest difficulty was built for babies given how much of a step up the other difficulties were. My answer would have to be FE7. It includes an offensive Lyn mode with unskippable tutorials guiding your actions against enemies that routinely possess no Luck or any stat that exceeds 5. But Eliwood normal mode pulls it up with tricky (usually FOW) maps. And I find its final chapter to include extremely intimidating enemies. But arenas break the game's difficulty. I get that a lot of players are too intimidated or too impatient to use arenas, but there are three of them not counting the Battle Preparations map, and they're spaced in a way you could raise more units to 20/20 than you would ever have to use. And the money you'd get for this lets you load up on silver, reaver, and killer weapons without ever having to visit a secret shop.

Sacred Stones Easy mode I believe is the exact same thing as Normal with added tutorials, and a few less enemies in chapter 1-8. From 9 onward it becomes the same experience. I feel like people unfairly rate this game's easiness simply due to grinding, but it's not like stat boosters and promotion items are unmissable, or can be bought in shops like in other entries. In chapter 9B, you're already encountering sleep staves. And recruiting certain characters like Joshua can seem extremely risky and unfair to an inexperienced player. Arenas exist in this game, but there are only two and exist in the first half of the game where you've collected just a few promotion items.

Awakening is an easy game thanks to pair up mechanics allowing you to create an unstoppable force with nearly any combination of two characters, but I remember a lot of friends trying out the series for the first time, as well as youtuber playthroughs where the player routinely gets units like Lissa and Sumia killed due to a failure of not pairing up, not checking enemy stats or range, and not reading those helpful tutorials on the touch screen. To a veteran, awakening is child's play. We look up class skills and easily know what to do with seals, but it's clear awakening has far more mechanics to keep track of compared to previous games that a newcomer will make some mistakes. It's also notable that while finding enemies to grind is easy in the base game, earning money is not. You need to get by on small gold drops from skrimishes. And you need that money for seals and half-decent weapons.

Path of Radiance easy mode is another great answer, and is my closest runner up to 7. Experience gains in general were higher from defeated enemies, and the bonus exp is very amped up. Bonus EXP is worth more per point on unpromoted, low level characters, taking the challenge out of raising characters like Mist and Rolf if you wanted to. Mounted units are too damned good with no drawbacks. Plus Ike is a very good lord with an early promotion and amazing weapon late game.

3 hours ago, CWGameplay said:

I love everything about Sacred Stones except for it's difficulty.

It's my favorite FE purely because of the story and characters, but when you have Ephraim, someone who literally sweeps entire armies, the gameplay isn't a problem.

That's not how to spell Seth.

Anyway, Sacred Stones, by far!  IIRC, this is the game where promoted enemies get ridiculously nerfed, the game throws a lot of money at you, and staffbots have infinite Torch staves and random encounters that have a good chance of having FoW.

Western FE9 is the easiest because the stats of the enemies just suck.

In FE8 at least magic users can be somewhat dangerous, and Ephraim's route is quite challening in hard mode (if you don't grind).

In FE13 it's kinda hard to keep Olivia alive in all difficulties.

Anyway, Sacred Stones, by far!  IIRC, this is the game where promoted enemies get ridiculously nerfed.

In EM + NM, but not in HM.

Magic users especially arch mogalls and gorgons are ridiculously powerful. Shadowshot can even oneshot fragile units like Colm.

It also applies to FE9 in all difficulties in the western version.

Only in the late chapters the enemies have slightly better stats than first tier, but they are still pretty bad.

Edited by Eleanor Hume

12 hours ago, eclipse said:

That's not how to spell Seth.

True.

The first time I blindly played the game I didn't use Seth because I was under the impression all jagens were terrible.

I was sorely mistaken, Seth can pretty much solo the game.

1 hour ago, CWGameplay said:

True.

The first time I blindly played the game I didn't use Seth because I was under the impression all jagens were terrible.

I was sorely mistaken, Seth can pretty much solo the game.

I REFUSE!!! (to use Seth that is...)

Can't really say anything about the easiest Easy Modes because I usually skip them if possible. But I'm on the PoR train if it comes to the easiest Hard Mode in the series, followed by Sacred Stones. PoR has hardly any challenging parts - at most there are Shinon's recruitment if you haven't trained Rolf because of the long range tomes, and disarming Naesala, although Full Guard and +Res via Ward or Pure Water on a flyer even make sacrificing Reinforcements unnecessary.

FE8 at least has Phantom Ship and Father and Son as reasonable challenges. Riev's defense chapter (can't remember the name) is quite nice if you don't warp skip, and the spider feeding in the early game is somewhat difficult if you go east instead of north at the start. Maybe it's just me being especially bad at Sacred Stones, but I never really experienced any difficulty spikes at all in PoR.

Out of all the FE games that I've played so far, to me, Blazing blade is the easiest not because of the fact that majority of the maps are small in size until very late of the game (and even those maps aren't that tedious either) but simply because the game gives you lots of powerful characters from the start mid and even in the final chapter. You are also encouraged to use any unit you want throughout the game unlike most FE games that don't do so. Not to mention how the game is very generous to give you resources even when you're confident enough to handle things on your own.

Sure, there's some challenge here and there and yes, some chapters can be a bit frustrating but really, those sections are few and far between and most of them are entirely optional. Now I haven't played Hector Mode yet but I'm just going to assume that it probably isn't that hard if you know what you're doing.

I don't know how easy Awakening is because I haven't played it in a long time....my first time playing it, I kept losing units...granted, It was the first Fire Emblem game I've played at the time.

Edited by Harvey

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't really played all of 'em, but Birthright is the easiest one I did, the only real challenge being Lunatic Chapter 23 (and 12, if you don't cheat and use a flier to ferry the Avatar). I don't see why Awakening is voted so much - on Lunatic+, it's a contender for the hardest. (Granted, not hard for the right reasons...)

Sacred Stones - you know something ain't right when most promoted enemies are noifed. Having a pathetic excuse for a final boss and an equally pathetic excuse for a penultimate boss doesn't help.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

• 3 weeks later...

Phoenix Mode Birthright.

However, if we're talking about the easiest game on its hardest difficulty setting, I think Sacred Stones takes the cake. Hard mode is still a relatively decent challenge, but nowhere near what you'd expect from Fire Emblem.

EDIT: Just realised it was only about Classic Mode, so don't take the first part of what I said into account.

Edited by Heptade

On 2/16/2017 at 0:30 AM, Bandido Banderas said:

I don't see why Awakening is voted so much - on Lunatic+, it's a contender for the hardest. (Granted, not hard for the right reasons...)

I think it's the grinding, the maps and how it allows for so much Second Seals. Getting good RNG doesn't even matter so much as you can just level characters as much as you want to cap the necessary stats. And that's not even going into gamebreaking skill set ups. You can still get away a lot on Lunatic. Agree with what you said about Lunatic+ though.