Amiibo Functionality

Jedi

I'm thinking the Amiibo functionality of FE Warriors will be really similar to that of Hyrule Warriors, but I honestly hope i'm mistaken and that they'll give us more, I also have a feeling that all the FE amiibo via Smash, along with Alm & Celica's will be used. 

Although this kind of goes into a small theory of mine that the 8 that have amiibo will be playable, however that remains to be seen as we barely know anything. 

What kind of functionality would you all like to see?

4 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Although this kind of goes into a small theory of mine that the 8 that have amiibo will be playable, however that remains to be seen as we barely know anything. 

This is what I see, tbh. At least, I'm definitely hoping. I know that one game Amiibo are starting to be a thing (Chibi Robo, Poochy), but I feel like Alm and Celica will have more going for them than just Echoes (and what will they even really do there? It's not like they can cameo in their own game).

I'd like to see some alternate costumes, if anything. Sexy legs Marf

To be honest, I'd be fine if it was just like Hyrule Warriors, where using an amiibo of a character not from FE gives you a random weapon or some money or something, and using an amiibo of an FE character gives that specific character a special weapon. However, I wouldn't at all be upset if there was a little more, I just can't really think of what more they could do.

2 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

This is what I see, tbh. At least, I'm definitely hoping. I know that one game Amiibo are starting to be a thing (Chibi Robo, Poochy), but I feel like Alm and Celica will have more going for them than just Echoes (and what will they even really do there? It's not like they can cameo in their own game).

I'd like to see some alternate costumes, if anything. Sexy legs Marf

I feel alternate costumes are very likely to happen since Hyrule Warriors had plenty and what they can add makes me excited!

Just now, OpheliaNohrPrincess said:

I feel alternate costumes are very likely to happen since Hyrule Warriors had plenty and what they can add makes me excited!

Yeah Koei in general loves its alternate costumes, so I'd be willing to bet we can expect quite a few.

I'm hoping we see Alternate Costumes..some examples I could think of..
Marth
-- Gain Smash Costume or NES Classic Costume
Ike
-- Gain Radiant Dawn or Path of Radiance Costume
Robin
-- Gain Grandmaster Costume (or male costume if female default)
Lucina
-- Gain Masked Marth or Great Lord Costume
Roy
-- Gain Smash, Classic, or FEA DLC Costume
Corrin
-- Gain Hoshido/Nohr Costumes (or male if female default)
Alm
-- Gain NES Classic Costume
Celica
-- Gain NES Classic Costume

Granted, that's assuming they are all playable.

Regardless, unlike Hyrule Warriors, I think each character in Fire Emblem Warriors won't feature many alternate weapon styles for its characters.

44 minutes ago, BalancedAce said:

I hope no characters and weapons will be locked behind amiibo.  Keep it the same as Hyrule Warriors and give us random goods.

The Spinner Weapon was locked behind the Link & Toon Link amiibo figure for Hyrule Warriors on Wii U..it just wasn't in Hyrule Warriors Legends for Nintendo 3DS.

That said, while I do want good, meaningful stuff to be unlocked via amiibo figures, so having them has a justifiable purpose, I have always said that the best option has always been one of two scenarios.
- A Timed amiibo Exclusive
- Available for Free via amiibo Figures but available for Purchase via eShop

I think we'll have equpiable skills for our characters, and I think the amiibo will unlock specific skills we can use to equip on our fighters

or maybe we'll get unlockable moves for them

I've still never actually used amiibo in a game yet, so I kind of hope they do something. I guess skills or alternate costumes* would be fun and not too game-breaking. At least amiibo aren't as rare as they used to be, so any bonuses won't be as difficult to obtain.

(* - I would really love a yarn-textured alternate skin for scanning one of the Yoshi's Woolly World amiibo :p).

12 hours ago, BalancedAce said:

I hope no characters and weapons will be locked behind amiibo.  Keep it the same as Hyrule Warriors and give us random goods.

12 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

To be honest, I'd be fine if it was just like Hyrule Warriors, where using an amiibo of a character not from FE gives you a random weapon or some money or something, and using an amiibo of an FE character gives that specific character a special weapon. However, I wouldn't at all be upset if there was a little more, I just can't really think of what more they could do.

These two posts pretty much sum up my thoughts.

I was fine with Ike being locked in his Amiibo for Fates, but since Hyrule Warriors didn't do that, it'd be kind of dumb to suddenly do it for FE Warriors. I was fine with unlocking weapons and goods with Amiibo too. And with luck, ALL Amiibo will be compatible just like in HW. Only Zelda Amiibo unlocked weapons in the game, but every Amiibo gave you some amount of rupees. In FE Warriors's case, the FE Amiibo would unlock weapons, and the rest would give varying amounts of gold.

Edited by Anacybele

I think locking exclusive, practical content behind amiibos (like the Spinner in Hyrule Warriors) is a bad idea, but aesthetic unlocks would be neat.

My suggestion:

• Non-FE amiibos: random materials and weapons, like in Hyrule Warriors.
  • FE amiibos, first scan: costume for the appropriate character.
  • FE amiibos, subsequent scans: ordinary weapons/items pertaining to the character.

Of course, this operates on the assumption that the weapon/material economy works like in Hyrule Warriors. For all we know, there could be aesthetic weapon skins in addition to character skins, or maybe instead of getting random weapon drops you just have one weapon that you augment with materials.

Edited by Anomalocaris

What happens will vary greatly based on what Koei Tecmo does, but since it's the same team behind hyrule warriors, it could be very similar. I honestly think gold and a few weapons would be given for non FE amiibo. For FE amiibo costumes or possible early access to their special weapon if they're playable (like have Marth get his Falchion with his amiibo instead of getting it in the story like how link got the master sword) that way amiibo can help those who have them but aren't required to get everything

On 1/31/2017 at 0:25 PM, Anacybele said:

I was fine with Ike being locked in his Amiibo for Fates, but since Hyrule Warriors didn't do that, it'd be kind of dumb to suddenly do it for FE Warriors. I was fine with unlocking weapons and goods with Amiibo too. And with luck, ALL Amiibo will be compatible just like in HW. Only Zelda Amiibo unlocked weapons in the game, but every Amiibo gave you some amount of rupees. In FE Warriors's case, the FE Amiibo would unlock weapons, and the rest would give varying amounts of gold.

To be fair, amiibo weren't released until after Hyrule Warriors, which came out a few months prior to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and the start of amiibo, so it was kind of tacked on, along with the Spinner Weapon for Link if you used a Link or Toon Link amiibo in the game.

Ideally amiibo figures will unlock something cool, such as the depicted character as a playable character if not part of the base game or some new sort of costume or weapon.
However, my ideal situation would also be for those things to be purchasable as normal DLC as well since then its a Free Perk for those that invested in amiibo figures but those who did not can still get them for a small fee.

7 hours ago, Deva Ashera said:

However, my ideal situation would also be for those things to be purchasable as normal DLC as well since then its a Free Perk for those that invested in amiibo figures but those who did not can still get them for a small fee.

I really like this idea. It's especially generous when factoring in overall amiibo prices, and what kinds of content could be tied to the amiibo.

Perhaps it could unlock a random character from the game(s) that character's from. Maybe even as an early unlock method so it's not forcibly locked content.

Edited by Light Strategist

8 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

I really like this idea. It's especially generous when factoring in overall amiibo prices, and what kinds of content could be tied to the amiibo.

Perhaps it could unlock a random character from the game(s) that character's from. Maybe even as an early unlock method so it's not forcibly locked content.

Theoretically, this does sound like a nice idea, but it might cause future Amiibo sales to drop because people would decide they don't need to buy them when they could just pay for the content without them. I wouldn't want that to happen, because if Amiibo sales dropped enough, Nintendo could abandon them. I really like Amiibo because they're cool figures and they gave more obscure franchises and characters the chance to have merchandise. I highly doubt we would've ever seen official figures of Ike, Marth, Captain Falcon, Earthbound characters, etc., if it wasn't for Amiibo, especially in the west.

Edited by Anacybele

8 hours ago, Deva Ashera said:

To be fair, amiibo weren't released until after Hyrule Warriors, which came out a few months prior to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and the start of amiibo, so it was kind of tacked on, along with the Spinner Weapon for Link if you used a Link or Toon Link amiibo in the game.

Ideally amiibo figures will unlock something cool, such as the depicted character as a playable character if not part of the base game or some new sort of costume or weapon.

Hopefully better than how the Spinner was implemented but early access.

10 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Theoretically, this does sound like a nice idea, but it might cause future Amiibo sales to drop because people would decide they don't need to buy them when they could just pay for the content without them. I wouldn't want that to happen, because if Amiibo sales dropped enough, Nintendo could abandon them. I really like Amiibo because they're cool figures and they gave more obscure franchises and characters the chance to have merchandise. I highly doubt we would've ever seen official figures of Ike, Marth, Captain Falcon, Earthbound characters, etc., if it wasn't for Amiibo, especially in the west.

That could be easily fixed by making amiibo unlocks a timed exclusive, since we know people will pay to get things a little bit earlier..like say the release for a DLC item is in January of the following year, using an amiibo could unlock it in, say, August or something.

9 hours ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Hopefully better than how the Spinner was implemented but early access.

Pretty much, yeah.
I'm actually kind of hoping that rather then a character having multiple weapons, they instead focus on making a character for each moveset they think up.

Whatever it ends up being, I really hope it's worth it. I need to finally use my Ike amiibo and the only game that unlocks something for it is Fates which I don't have. I love unlocking alternate costumes in most games so that would be cool, I'd like it more than some possibly lame weapon that might not play differently.

• 2 months later...

Wanted to make an Amiibo thread but then realized that it's likely already exists.

Anyway, do you expect Warriors to get its own brand new Amiibo? Not the whole cast but maybe 1-2 characters who don't have one yet (hello, Chrom).

And do you expect all of Amiibo FE characters to be playable in the game? Mind that the characters themselves won't be locked behind Amiibo but their bonuses like additional weapons or alt costumes will. If it's the case then we already know about a half of the whole roster.

I don't think every FE character who got an amiibo is guaranteed to be in the base game because of it.

That said, amiibo usage will likely be weapons for the character pictured on the amiibo, and maybe an unlockable costume or so (which can have interesting implications in regards to Robin and Corrin; Only the Male Robin have an amiibo, but Corrin has one for both genders).