Have any Awakening RNG Questions?

ruadath

So as it turns out, Awakening's storage and calculation of random numbers appears to be identical to that of FE12, and since I have the formula for the latter figured out... well, yeah. I'm probably going to spend most of today playing around with this since I don't have class, but if there is any particular question you guys want answered, feel free to ask in this thread.

Edited by ruadath

2 hours ago, Irysa said:

please try to figure out what causes what I outlined in the following thread a long time ago

https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/49848-rng-nuances/

What you initially expected was in fact (almost) correct. After burning the relevant RNs for any particular event (battle, level up, etc.), the game will then proceed to burn 12 additional RNs for no apparent reason.

Edited by ruadath

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that, but assuming you load off the main menu there are roughly 1 billion different initial seeds (more if you continue from a previous chapter) so I don't think it would really be feasible to figure out which seed you got based on which enemies had which skills.

For one of the larger rout maps that also have variations on enemy stats, it would probably be possible, but it would also require the existence of a massive (think 100s of gigabytes or terrabytes) lookup table that no one is going to bother to implement.

49 minutes ago, ruadath said:

For one of the larger rout maps that also have variations on enemy stats

Well enemy stats have no variance on LM(+) if that's what you're concerned about...

8 hours ago, ruadath said:

What you initially expected was in fact (almost) correct. After burning the relevant RNs for any particular event (battle, level up, etc.), the game will then proceed to burn 12 additional RNs for no apparent reason.

Ah, good to know. So if I had managed to figure out how to advance an extra 2 RNs in two battles from my setup (I went up to 10, don't think I could have gotten higher) then I would have figured it out. Thanks.

Unfortunately, I don't. Is there no way to edit the save data to unlock the mode? I'm pretty unfamiliar with the emulator and the scene around it.

I do know that Nostank Chrobin can blitz vanilla Lunatic in less than 2 hours, though, provided enough Renown for the SS and Spotpass access to buy early Nos (still doable without either, but this gives guaranteed methods of obtaining what's needed).