• Volke
    • Zihark
    • Other?
  2. 2. Micaiah?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i chose soren for ike cause honestly he doesn't really have many meaningful interactions with anyone else

his supports with lethe are alright too though i guess

for micaiah i would've said no one so i chose meg because meg is the best 

I don't like Micaiah at all, so I don't really give a damn who she's with, but I voted Sothe simply because they're "canon" even though I don't really like how they call each other brother and sister and then can get married. But there's really no other reasonable option for either of them in my opinion.

As for Ike, my answer should be very obvious, but I'll let this speak for me anyway. <3 I always thought they looked the cutest and had the best chemistry and would've made for a great story. IS really dropped the ball here, imo, even though I do understand that they were trying to go a different route with Ike and not give him a marriage ending. I also don't ship homosexual pairings unless the character is explicitly said to be or strongly hinted to be homosexual/bisexual.

By the way, I thought you were only going with PoR's support pool and RD's beta list? Ike can't actually support with ALL of those people in PoR...

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

I don't like Micaiah at all, so I don't really give a damn who she's with, but I voted Sothe simply because they're "canon" even though I don't really like how they call each other brother and sister and then can get married. But there's really no other reasonable option for either of them in my opinion.

As for Ike, my answer should be very obvious, but I'll let this speak for me anyway. <3 I always thought they looked the cutest and had the best chemistry and would've made for a great story. IS really dropped the ball here, imo, even though I do understand that they were trying to go a different route with Ike and not give him a marriage ending.

By the way, I thought you were only going with PoR's support pool and RD's beta list? Ike can't actually support with ALL of those people in PoR...

https://serenesforest.net/radiant-dawn/characters/supports/unused/

They're able to support him in the beta list.  

I pair Ike with Soren, canonically platonically, but won't say no to a good fanfic.

I also pair Micaiah with Soren, since that would be the one paring that won't lead her to being a widow for centuries, and they have a lot more in common that many other options.

You told me you were using PoR's final pool though.

Oh, I used that too.  It's just that all the options there also happened to be in the beta list.

I guess my previous explanation was confusing, but I planned on using both the PoR list and the RD beta list from the start for Ike, and just the RD beta list for Micaiah (for obvious reasons), so whatever FE10 characters Ike was to have a support with would be included.

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I pair Ike with Soren, canonically platonically, but won't say no to a good fanfic.

This thread seems to be asking about only romantic pairings though, not friendship.

6 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Oh, I used that too.  It's just that all the options there also happened to be in the beta list.

I guess my previous explanation was confusing, but I planned on using both the PoR list and the RD beta list from the start for Ike, and just the RD beta list for Micaiah (for obvious reasons), so whatever FE10 characters Ike was to have a support with would be included.

Oh, I see. Yeah, your previous explanation was confusing...

I never understood the love for Ike x Soren. They're just friends and never implicated to be anything more (Soren could be interpreted to maybe have some romantic interest in Ike, but I see it as more an unhealthy attachment). Whereas there are definitely females that do show romantic interest in Ike. Then again, every pair of best friends HAS to be shipped... I never liked this about fandoms. Why can't best friends stay best friends? I see very few fics and such that don't depict Ike and Soren or Sain and Kent or some other pair of friends as lovers. Sain isn't even into men, he's clearly straight! But some fans will be fans...

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

This thread seems to be asking about only romantic pairings though, not friendship.

Oh, I see. Yeah, your previous explanation was confusing...

I honestly think Ike's asexual, since he never really shows much of a romantic inclination with anybody.  I think Soren's his BFF.

Soren's one of my favorite characters, I pair him romantically with Micaiah, but keeps his close friendship with Ike.

I just really like Ike and Soren together romantically or platonic. Just let Soren be happy!

I have not completed RD yet so I'm on the fence for Micaiah but from what I know/have played I like her interactions Sothe well enough though.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I honestly think Ike's asexual, since he never really shows much of a romantic inclination with anybody.  I think Soren's his BFF.

Soren's one of my favorite characters, I pair him romantically with Micaiah, but keeps his close friendship with Ike.

Yeah, I agree, Ike doesn't show much romantic interest in anyone. I feel he doesn't know how to, though. He seems kinda sheltered, not even knowing what laguz are at first, so I bet no one taught him about girls and love either. In fact, he couldn't at all tell that Aimee was hitting on him until she told him. lol And I just feel that if he were to show romantic interest in anyone, it would be Elincia due to the chemistry and how close they grew. I also like to believe he eventually married a woman and raised his own family anyway because of Priam.

I don't take away his friendship with Soren though, that'd be pretty stupid.

EDIT: I feel Soren could've been happy with Stefan in the Branded community...

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Glaceon Mage said:

Fair enough on that. Just going by story alone Pelleas feels like he'd be a reasonable option for Micaiah, but if you were going just by (beta) supports I can understand why he was excluded.

That said, I also do like the idea of Ike/Micaiah and Pelleas/Elincia.

Ctrl + F "Aimee" Not found!? Wha-- ! I like that pairing. She seems like she could have snagged him in the end.

Micaiah I'm indifferent to, Volug seems funny for her though. Pelleas could work for her really well to be honest. Better than Sothe really. They have great chemistry, and it's not weird like Sothe x Micaiah. 

Also, headcanon time for why Ike and Elincia are so flat to each other in RD to excuse the flair that the localization gave for PoR. Ike and Elincia did date for awhile after PoR but then broke up, and the break up ended rather poorly. Both can be professional, but the spark that was there is now lost. 

Edited by Augestein

Tangentially related, but does the stupid Laguz losing their powers if they make the Beast-Laguz with Two Backs still apply after Radiant Dawn?  It sort of gives the races a reason not to mingle if the gods punish them for doing so.

Just now, Augestein said:

Aimee x Ike has that Serra x Erk thing going on... Haha.

lol yeah.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Tangentially related, but does the stupid Laguz losing their powers if they make the Beast-Laguz with Two Backs still apply after Radiant Dawn?  It sort of gives the races a reason not to mingle if the gods punish them for doing so.

I don't see why it wouldn't still apply.

lol yeah.

I don't see why it wouldn't still apply.

Since they basically talked with the gods, maybe they could have asked for divine intervention to remove that taboo.  Nothing would help Bearc-Laguz relations like allowing them to intermarry.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Since they basically talked with the gods, maybe they could have asked for divine intervention to remove that taboo.  Nothing would help Bearc-Laguz relations like allowing them to intermarry.

Yeah, I kinda wish it wasn't a thing anyway, since Ike x Lethe would be my other favorite pairing for him otherwise. In fact, there isn't really an option I dislike/hate for Ike except for Mia (not counting homosexual ones, of course, for obvious reasons), and that's because I hate Mia and don't think she's right for him at all. She's a flat one-note character that's just into swordplay and nothing more (I also don't think she's attractive). I can't see her settling down with anyone for this reason either. She only seems interested in going around honing her skills and finding that apparent rival. I'm writing that she stayed single and took in a student to pass her "awesome sword knowledge" to. :P In fact, now that I think about it, I can so see her saying "I don't need a man!"

Edited by Anacybele