Jump to content
Magical Glace

Ike and Micaiah Shipping rankings

???  

127 members have voted

  1. 1. Ike?

    • Boyd
    • Caineghis
      0
    • Elincia
    • Kurthnaga
      0
    • Lethe
    • Mia
    • Micaiah
    • Mist
      0
    • Nailah
      0
    • Nasir
      0
    • Oscar
      0
    • Ranulf
    • Reyson
      0
    • Shinon
      0
    • Soren
    • Sothe
    • Tibarn
      0
    • Titania
    • Volke
      0
    • Zihark
      0
    • Other?
  2. 2. Micaiah?



Recommended Posts

Soren x Ike ( though I don't ship Aiku with anyone because I believe he is either asexual or emotionally stunted )

Micaiah x Pelleas ( the only one that makes sense apart from Miccy x Sothe, but I can't stand the latter )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ike x Marcia since she's flirting with him in FE9.

Micaiah x Edward

 

Hmm... this gives me kinda the motivation to write a Ike x Marcia conversations (if no one else has done yet).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I.. I like shipping usually, but this is so hard to me.

I feel a bit weird shipping Ike+Soren and Micaiah+Sothe(Even though it's cannon.) Just because it feels so weird marrying your best friend or something? At least, it feels weird to me. (And for Soren and Ike I have too many reasons, so I am not writing that down here.)

But shipping Ike in general is hard. He doesn't seem interested in ANYONE at all. Sometimes it's almost like he doesn't even realise love exists. He seems most interested in Elincia though so I went with that. I think they would be the cutest couple anyways.
Micaiah... Uhm... I have NO idea. But she and Edward is kinda cute so I guess I vote for that?

Why are the main characters from these games so hard to ship?

On 1-2-2017 at 9:58 AM, Eleanor Hume said:

Ike x Marcia since she's flirting with him in FE9.

Oh that's actually quite cute. But that's just because I like Marcia a LOT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ike and Soren, simply said. I just enjoy their interactions quite a lot. Ike and Ranulf works too.

And for Micaiah... as much as I like their interactions, I can't get myself to like Micaiah x Sothe. They call each other siblings and truly treat each other as such. I prefer their relationship to stay like that. Pelleas would be nice for her, though.
But my real ship is Micaiah x Zelgius. I'm not sure if it's simply unpopular or if it grosses people out. Both are branded and have lived a life in fear of being discovered. Their ingame interactions also appeal to me. I'm not quite sure if Sephiran ordered Zelgius to do so, but he kept protecting Micaiah and even offered her to take her with him to the Tower of Guidance to save her from Ashera's judgement. Hell, even if it was ordered by Sephiran, I still ship it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't romantically ship Ike with anyone in PoR or RD because like others have said he just doesn't seem interested in anybody. So I was willing to go for that random girl down the road that sparked an interest. I have my own headcannon for who that random girl is, which totally satisfies all my fangirl needs.  But then again I don't just ship people romantically, I platonically ship Ike x Soren and Ike x Ranulf. I think they are all so cute cute cute together.

And yeah, Micaiah. I don't ship her with Sothe tbh because it's a little strange, but it is what it is. I think she'd be great with Pelleas.
Also I've never considered this before, but it'd be interesting to see her with Soren.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I ship Ike x Ranulf and Miccy and Pelleas.

I always preferred Soren with Stefan in the Branded community and it is just weird hoe Miccy pretty much raised Sothe and then they end up together. While I normally wouldn't care, for some reason this is an exception.

As for Ike x Elincia, I prefer Elly with Geoffrey or Tibarn personally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Maddoka said:

But shipping Ike in general is hard. He doesn't seem interested in ANYONE at all. Sometimes it's almost like he doesn't even realise love exists. He seems most interested in Elincia though so I went with that. I think they would be the cutest couple anyways.

That's what I was saying earlier, that Ike doesn't seem to fully grasp the concept of love. He's shown to be able to figure out if someone else is in love with someone, as he figures out that Titania loved his father without her needing to tell him in their A support. But he doesn't seem to know if someone loves him unless they straight up tell him like Aimee had to lol, which makes me think he probably wouldn't know it right away if he fell in love with someone either. A big hint for this might also be the one conversation with a drunk Shinon. Shinon drunkenly says Ike is in love with Elincia...but Ike doesn't either confirm OR deny it! I think he'd deny it if it wasn't true and he knew it. But the fact that he simply paused and just said 'Shinon, what's wrong with you?' and not even really in an annoyed or angry tone, more like confused, gives this a number of possible interpretations. It also shows that Ike is so clueless about some emotions and brainwork that he doesn't even know what being drunk is. lol So it's quite possible that he doesn't exactly know what being in love is either.

Ike also holds Elincia's hand in the final cutscene, and he doesn't seem to realize that that can be a romantic gesture. I wrote a fan RD A support between the two revolving around Ike having developed feelings for Elincia, but having no idea why he was having these "weird warm and fuzzy feelings" around her. He consulted Titania who described it as how she felt about Greil, dropping Ike the bombshell. He's all awkward and funny about telling Elincia he loves her too, because he's never done anything like this before. lol

Speaking of which, Elincia stlil deserves some more votes. :( I'm not saying she should surpass Soren or anything, I really don't care about that. Even though I still don't understand the love for that pairing. I can see why it's preferred over some other options, but I don't see why it's as popular as it is. I don't need to repeat the explanation of why though, so I'll end it there.

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find Ike to be a bit hard to ship romantically so I went with platonically, And really I like Ike platonically with almost everybody. I still chose Elincia because I'm biased and she's my favourite so yeah.

For Micaiah I chose Sothe, because while I don't really like them romantically Tellius is my platonic continent they still have a nice relationship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ike x Mia and Micaiah x Sothe

The whole ending where Ike takes off and leaves worked best for Mia in my head since she isn't really tied down anywhere as well. Elincia is the least likely to join him since she has her own responsibilities tying her down to her home. Lethe would be my second choice.

Sothe is really the only choice for me since characters are really underdeveloped in the Daein side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Speaking of which, Elincia stlil deserves some more votes. :( I'm not saying she should surpass Soren or anything, I really don't care about that. Even though I still don't understand the love for that pairing. I can see why it's preferred over some other options, but I don't see why it's as popular as it is. I don't need to repeat the explanation of why though, so I'll end it there.

The love for Soren x Ike is that the game never actually does anything to dispel it really. Come around to Path of Radiance, and you see that they really care for each other. And like you said, Ike doesn't really seem to understand romantic feelings or anything, but Ike always treats Soren differently from everyone else. He notices things about Soren that no one else does, and Soren notices things about Ike that no one every does (like the eye twitching or Ike noticing Soren being upset when they reached Begnion). In the tower, if you managed to get both an A in PoR and then RD, they have a special conversation if you take Soren to the tower, and no other A results in that for Ike, something that's generally done in the games when there is a "pushed pairing" IE, Hector has a special conversation with Lyndis in 7, and Eliwood has a special conversation with Ninian as well. 

Soren refuses to serve anyone else but Ike at the end of the game if he's not paired up with Ike, these are things that lend itself to such a pairing. 

I think Elincia x Ike would have more votes if you could honestly get an ending for it. Honestly because of the localization team, I always head canoned that Ike and Elincia DID have a thing going, and the reason they are so cold to each other is because they broke up... Pretty badly, and I honestly say it's because Ike didn't want to be a noble and wanted Elincia to elope. It didn't go well. I then use that as the excuse that Ike leaves the continent post RD. It kinda helps me especially if you think of Ike probably being invited to Elincia's wedding and seeing the woman he loved getting married and realizing that he's not getting her ever again. It also gives Ike a more human element because it's the first time Ike "loses" and can't do anything about it because he can't just take his usual method of charging in and punching people and the problem is solved. It's really the only way I can really make it seem less grating for Ike to just pack his stuff and leave. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ike and Soren platonically, because Soren doesn't really have any meaningful relationships with anyone but Ike, Ike himself doesn't seem all that interested in love or romance and I don't really ship either of them romantically with anyone else.

Pelleas and Micaiah romantically, because I like their interactions and I think they compliment each other well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm actually surprised Ike/Jill wasn't a thing. Considering how much they interacted in PoR. But then again, there was Talrega to consider.

But yeah. I chose "other" for him simply because I don't ship him with anyone in the game. And that's mainly because of Priam. His relationship with Soren is like Kirk's relationship with Spock. And I don't support Ike and Soren being anything other than friends. And I used to ship him with Elincia, but since he ends up leaving Tellius, and the fact that RD goes for Elincia/Geoffrey, and that Calill is an Elincia/Geoffrey shipper on deck in PoR, I stopped shipping Ike/Elincia.

For Micaiah, definitely Sothe. After all, you have to go out of your way to make Micaiah wind up with someone else, and they interact heaviliy with each other. So...

 

Edited by Just call me AL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2017 at 5:22 PM, Augestein said:

The love for Soren x Ike is that the game never actually does anything to dispel it really. Come around to Path of Radiance, and you see that they really care for each other. And like you said, Ike doesn't really seem to understand romantic feelings or anything, but Ike always treats Soren differently from everyone else. He notices things about Soren that no one else does, and Soren notices things about Ike that no one every does (like the eye twitching or Ike noticing Soren being upset when they reached Begnion). In the tower, if you managed to get both an A in PoR and then RD, they have a special conversation if you take Soren to the tower, and no other A results in that for Ike, something that's generally done in the games when there is a "pushed pairing" IE, Hector has a special conversation with Lyndis in 7, and Eliwood has a special conversation with Ninian as well. 

Soren refuses to serve anyone else but Ike at the end of the game if he's not paired up with Ike, these are things that lend itself to such a pairing. 

I think Elincia x Ike would have more votes if you could honestly get an ending for it. Honestly because of the localization team, I always head canoned that Ike and Elincia DID have a thing going, and the reason they are so cold to each other is because they broke up... Pretty badly, and I honestly say it's because Ike didn't want to be a noble and wanted Elincia to elope. It didn't go well. I then use that as the excuse that Ike leaves the continent post RD. It kinda helps me especially if you think of Ike probably being invited to Elincia's wedding and seeing the woman he loved getting married and realizing that he's not getting her ever again. It also gives Ike a more human element because it's the first time Ike "loses" and can't do anything about it because he can't just take his usual method of charging in and punching people and the problem is solved. It's really the only way I can really make it seem less grating for Ike to just pack his stuff and leave. 

I will admit that the localization team did screw things up, but not all of the Ike x Elincia hints were from them. What about things like that final cutscene? The fact that the only two guys Elincia could support with were Ike and Geoffrey? And simply that they interacted more than any other pair of characters in the game? And even in the Japanese version, Ike and Elincia had enough positive interaction to become good friends, and then in RD it feels like that never happened. It's poor writing on IS's end here.

Also, as others pointed out, Ike doesn't really show much romantic interest in anyone. Not Elincia, not Soren. And what you're pointing out are things Soren does, not Ike. Soren notices those little things, Soren refuses to serve anyone but Ike. This is why I think Soren simply has an unhealthy obsession with Ike and that Ike is just along for the ride and being Ike.

And if IS really wanted to do a gay pairing here, wouldn't it have actually been a romantic ending instead of some vague implication that Soren goes with Ike at the end of RD? This isn't just in the English version of the game, it's in the Japanese one too. Granted, it would've probably been censored or something in the west because it's the west, but why would IS care about that? Another thing, Ranulf gets the same treatment. He can go with Ike too. Does this mean there's a gay triangle here? I don't think so.

Though admittedly, I don't want Ike to be gay or even bi. I'm not homophobic or anything stupid like that, I just feel like at this point, it'd be too forced simply because some fans want it. It's the same thing with the whiners that want Elsa from Disney's Frozen to be a lesbian. They want it so bad that it would likely just be forced upon the character by Disney simply to pander to a certain group.

I feel like Ike's sexuality is honestly whatever we want it to be at this point and that IS really isn't going to go into it anymore (unless they do more with Priam, I suppose...in which case Ike likely got with a woman, making him straight or bi).

Truth be told though, I've written something pretty similar to your theory there, except it ends with Elincia eloping and reuniting with Ike later after all (no, she's not just abandoning Crimea, she's deciding that all her problems, regarding loving Ike and how she's ruled thus far, are hindering her ability to lead far too much and that Crimea deserved better than that. So she leaves her beloved country and people in Renning's hands. And it takes her a year to get up the courage to leave).

And seriously, wouldn't the family in my sig be a precious thing to see?

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, as others pointed out, Ike doesn't really show much romantic interest in anyone. Not Elincia, not Soren. And what you're pointing out are things Soren does, not Ike. Soren notices those little things, Soren refuses to serve anyone but Ike. This is why I think Soren simply has an unhealthy obsession with Ike and that Ike is just along for the ride and being Ike.

And if IS really wanted to do a gay pairing here, wouldn't it have actually been a romantic ending instead of some vague implication that Soren goes with Ike at the end of RD? This isn't just in the English version of the game, it's in the Japanese one too. Granted, it would've probably been censored or something in the west because it's the west, but why would IS care about that? Another thing, Ranulf gets the same treatment. He can go with Ike too. Does this mean there's a gay triangle here? I don't think so.

Though admittedly, I don't want Ike to be gay or even bi. I'm not homophobic or anything stupid like that, I just feel like at this point, it'd be too forced simply because some fans want it. It's the same thing with the whiners that want Elsa from Disney's Frozen to be a lesbian. They want it so bad that it would likely just be forced upon the character by Disney simply to pander to a certain group.

I feel like Ike's sexuality is honestly whatever we want it to be at this point and that IS really isn't going to go into it anymore (unless they do more with Priam, I suppose...in which case Ike likely got with a woman, making him straight or bi).

 

2

I wouldn't necessarily call Soren's love for Ike unhealthy. Well...maybe it is, because the boy pretty much isolates himself from everyone but the guy (though for good reasons, considering other peoples' reactions to finding out he was a Branded). I mean, Ike is basically his savior. Soren would be dead if it wasn't for him, and Ike was one of the few people he met in his life that didn't treat him differently. No wonder he practically worships the ground the guy steps on.

I'll admit, I loved the fact that Ike and Elincia didn't hook up after POR, because I absolutely adore opposite-sex people, you know, being friends, especially in fantasy. Plus, having a main character that shows absolutely no romantic interest in anyone? That was fresh and original as hell back in the day. Asexual/aromantic Ike? Hell yes. More please.

Of course, I despite most romance stories, considering that romance is extremely hard to write well, and a lot of the time comes off as grating/unbelievable or annoying.

Also. Voting for Boyd x Ike, because they were the original bromance, way back in the prologue of POR. I'm old school, son. Also, I just love Boyd. Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I know what you mean about having opposite sex characters stay friends. I'd like to see more of this too. Ike and Elincia just happened to be a pairing that I really really wanted to see happen. It felt like one of those charming Disney prince/princess stories to me. :P I really can picture Elincia as a Disney princess and Ike as a Disney prince. lol

And I think Disney does write romance well for the most part (mainly their more recent movies though. Aladdin, Hercules, The Princess and the Frog, and Tangled are all great, imo. Frozen also sends the message that you shouldn't try to romance someone you just met).

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I will admit that the localization team did screw things up, but not all of the Ike x Elincia hints were from them. What about things like that final cutscene? The fact that the only two guys Elincia could support with were Ike and Geoffrey? And simply that they interacted more than any other pair of characters in the game? And even in the Japanese version, Ike and Elincia had enough positive interaction to become good friends, and then in RD it feels like that never happened. It's poor writing on IS's end here.

Also, as others pointed out, Ike doesn't really show much romantic interest in anyone. Not Elincia, not Soren. And what you're pointing out are things Soren does, not Ike. Soren notices those little things, Soren refuses to serve anyone but Ike. This is why I think Soren simply has an unhealthy obsession with Ike and that Ike is just along for the ride and being Ike.

And if IS really wanted to do a gay pairing here, wouldn't it have actually been a romantic ending instead of some vague implication that Soren goes with Ike at the end of RD? This isn't just in the English version of the game, it's in the Japanese one too. Granted, it would've probably been censored or something in the west because it's the west, but why would IS care about that?

Though admittedly, I don't want Ike to be gay or even bi. I'm not homophobic or anything stupid like that, I just feel like at this point, it'd be too forced simply because some fans want it. It's the same thing with the whiners that want Elsa from Disney's Frozen to be a lesbian. They want it so bad that it would likely just be forced upon the character by Disney simply to pander to a certain group.

I feel like Ike's sexuality is honestly whatever we want it to be at this point and that IS really isn't going to go into it anymore (unless they do more with Priam, I suppose...in which case Ike likely got with a woman, making him straight or bi).

The final cutscene I thought he was taking her hand to lead her like any knight does towards the end. Geoffrey, while fitting would have worked, but they chose Ike because he's the main character. I'd mention some of my problems with Ike in that cutscene, but this is not the time nor the place for it. Ike and Elincia have positive interactions, but the thing is, is that the game makes it a point to have 0 negative interactions with the lord characters in Fire Emblem, and people that do are generally detestable people. The only negative interactions we really get are Ike/Boyd. In RD, it feels like it didn't happen because Ike denounced his title and left Crimea. Considering that Ike was her generally, I can imagine it didn't go over very well. And Elincia has had 3 years apart from Ike. She spent 1 year regaining her country, and then Ike left. It's not necessarily bad writing, but it doesn't make Ike seem like a very nice person either. 

Soren notices things. So does Ike. Ike says it around Begnion. He's the only one to notice something is bothering Soren more than normal. No one else does. Ike wants Soren to stop suffering, and pays attention to Soren's problems more than anyone else. It's why Soren's support with Ike won't really go passed B until Begnion. Because it follows the story. Soren refusing to serve anyone but Ike is loyalty. It's almost the same thing as how Sothe is dedicated to Micaiah. Heck, Micaiah even tried to abandon Sothe which is why he's even in PoR. 

Probably not. Jill's paired ending with Haar is really lackluster. It literally only adds "and her Husband" it changes nothing about the dynamic of her ending. Besides, if it were me, I'd have thought they were just friends, it's Ranulf also having a paired ending with Ike and Ike refusing to pair up with so little as his sister or older sister/mother figure Titania that gets me and probably a lot of other people. And it's not even that I particularly ship the pairing anyways.  

That's the thing, I don't even feel like Ike would be forced at all. As Ike doesn't make enough advances or even really acknowledge enough to make it a case against it. Take something like Robin from Fire Emblem Awakening. We can say Robin is heterosexual not just because he/she only has S rank with opposite sexes, but because on some of the same sex supports, he/she is kinda freaked out about the notion of being with another man/woman. See Flavia's troll supports with Female Robin for instance. Or Male Robin's Gregor supports (granted Robin is kinda freaked out regardless, but the point still stands).

Not really. I've known gay men that get married and have children because they ended up marrying their best friend. Sexuality is a funny thing. 

Edited by Augestein

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Augestein said:

Soren notices things. So does Ike. Ike says it around Begnion. He's the only one to notice something is bothering Soren more than normal. No one else does. Ike wants Soren to stop suffering, and pays attention to Soren's problems more than anyone else. It's why Soren's support with Ike won't really go passed B until Begnion. Because it follows the story. Soren refusing to serve anyone but Ike is loyalty. It's almost the same thing as how Sothe is dedicated to Micaiah. Heck, Micaiah even tried to abandon Sothe which is why he's even in PoR. 

Probably not. Jill's paired ending with Haar is really lackluster. It literally only adds "and her Husband" it changes nothing about the dynamic of her ending. Besides, if it were me, I'd have thought they were just friends, it's Ranulf also having a paired ending with Ike and Ike refusing to pair up with so little as his sister or older sister/mother figure Titania that gets me.

 
3

Yeah, the lack of Ike and Mist development as siblings is one glaring fault of the Tellius series imo. There's this light teasing between them at the beginning of POR, and they bond after Greil's death...and then...they're kind of completely separate people who are, oh yeah, brother and sister. I'm not saying it had to get to the level of Ephraim and Eirika's A-Support, with them swearing eternal fealty to one another or anything (and...maybe a little more, according to the localization. ;): I'm mostly kidding, lol.), but I mean, something more would have been better.

And Haar and Jill... I don't know, I just never liked them paired up. I think they would have worked great as BFF/Partner Friends running their shipping business, because Haar was a mentor to Jill. I mean, she's half his age, for crying out loud! I know age gaps are a thing, and were much more of a thing back in the pseudo-medieval FE days, but...I never got past Haar seeing Jill as a hotheaded kid that was his responsibility to watch out for, and Jill looking up to Haar as an older brother she can take advice from. Just can't picture them as an item.

Of course, it could be something to do with Shirahim's death, with Haar wanting to make 100% sure that she'd be safe and cared for. But...eugh.

Edited by Extrasolar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed. It always bothered me that Ike and Mist barely have sibling interaction with each other. Like no other siblings in the series that are main characters do that. It's just... Weird. 

Yeah, Haar and Jill is awful in my opinion. Just awful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Augestein said:

Agreed. It always bothered me that Ike and Mist barely have sibling interaction with each other. Like no other siblings in the series that are main characters do that. It's just... Weird. 

Yeah, Haar and Jill is awful in my opinion. Just awful. 

 

It's even weirder, considering the great development the Oscar, Boyd and Rolf and their sibling relationship got, and they're all secondary characters! I still consider the "Brothers" Base Conversation in Radiant Dawn one of the highlights of the game.

What the heck, IS? Makes no sense. ._.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, Elincia only had...I think it's half a year? She tells Leanne that Ike left "more than half a year ago" or something like that. My memory is fuzzy on it, but I'm positive that it's not three years.

Yeah, but Jill's ending still mentions the word "husband" while Soren's and Ranulf's alternate endings do not. I do feel that the Tellius character endings are rather lackluster in general though, and even go against how some characters were written. Mist living happily alone? She seemed scared as hell to be all by herself! Especially to lose Ike in any way, which she effectively does when he leaves Tellius forever. And Gatrie finding many women, but never true love? It's possible, sure, but it feels kind of trollish and forced. And of course, there's Ike just up and leaving after his character revolved around carrying on his father's legacy and taking care of that mercenary "family."

I'm rather neutral to Haar x Jill, though the age gap there is rather ick. I find Geoffrey x Elincia awful because they grew up as siblings. It's implied in-game, and actually stated in the official artbook now. This is much like Corrin and the Nohr siblings in Fates, which plenty of people complained about. Geoffrey and Elincia's past isn't as prominent as Corrin's, but it's still pretty similar. Elincia was isolated and kept secret, and grew up with "siblings." Corrin was the same. I also got more of a big brother/little sister vibe than anything from their PoR support too. Elincia is basically going "stop protecting me all the time!" the whole way, as if she's telling her big brother to quit babying her. And then she's strictly professional with him in RD. "You are surely my finest and most faithful knight." Yeeeah, I don't see where the romance ever came from, at least on her end. Geoffrey definitely might've had feelings for her though, it could've gone either way, though that artbook confirming that the two were foster siblings definitely kinda throws a wrench into even that. Helps my theory that their marriage is political and mainly so Elincia has an acceptable husband to produce heirs with, though.

EDIT: Yeah, I do agree that the three brothers were written better as siblings than Ike and Mist were. That was always odd to me.

 

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but Jill's ending still mentions the word "husband" while Soren's and Ranulf's alternate endings do not. I do feel that the Tellius character endings are rather lackluster in general though, and even go against how some characters were written. Mist living happily alone? She seemed scared as hell to be all by herself! Especially to lose Ike in any way, which she effectively does when he leaves Tellius forever. And Gatrie finding many women, but never true love? It's possible, sure, but it feels kind of trollish and forced. And of course, there's Ike just up and leaving after his character revolved around carrying on his father's legacy and taking care of that mercenary "family."

I'm rather neutral to Haar x Jill, though the age gap there is rather ick. I find Geoffrey x Elincia awful because they grew up as siblings. It's implied in-game, and actually stated in the official artbook now. This is much like Corrin and the Nohr siblings in Fates, which plenty of people complained about. Geoffrey and Elincia's past isn't as prominent as Corrin's, but it's still pretty similar. Elincia was isolated and kept secret, and grew up with "siblings." Corrin was the same. I also got more of a big brother/little sister vibe than anything from their PoR support too. Elincia is basically going "stop protecting me all the time!" the whole way.

EDIT: Yeah, I do agree that the three brothers were written better as siblings than Ike and Mist were. That was always odd to me.

 

3

Omg Ike just up and leaving the mercenaries bothered me so much back when I got his and Soren's paired ending way back in the day. I was just like, "Uh. Bruh. You do realize that you're essentially giving your dad's legacy the shaft, right? And what about your adoptive family that you've grown to adore and would do anything in the world to protect? Hello? Hello??"

Like, there's walking the earth, and then there's just...what the hell. Lol.

At least Mist marries Boyd and lives happily ever after in their paired ending, though! I always thought that pairing was cute.

Gatrie being forever alone is actually really funny, in a dark and slightly depressing sort of way. It's great irony. I always joked that Gatrie x Tree in a skirt was the most canon pairing for Gatrie. I mean, the guy kind of invites misfortune on himself. He knows he's gullible, but he's not gonna change because he thinks it makes him charming. Lol. :lol:

I actually like Geoffrey x Elincia, because I'm a sucker for "lady and knight" type dynamics. Because we never saw them as children together, it kind of lessens it for me. Plus, there's the fact that Geoffrey becomes a giant dork around Elincia. It's too cute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Extrasolar said:

Omg Ike just up and leaving the mercenaries bothered me so much back when I got his and Soren's paired ending way back in the day. I was just like, "Uh. Bruh. You do realize that you're essentially giving your dad's legacy the shaft, right? And what about your adoptive family that you've grown to adore and would do anything in the world to protect? Hello? Hello??"

Like, there's walking the earth, and then there's just...what the hell. Lol.

At least Mist marries Boyd and lives happily ever after in their paired ending, though! I always thought that pairing was cute.

Gatrie being forever alone is actually really funny, in a dark and slightly depressing sort of way. It's great irony. I always joked that Gatrie x Tree in a skirt was the most canon pairing for Gatrie. I mean, the guy kind of invites misfortune on himself. He knows he's gullible, but he's not gonna change because he thinks it makes him charming. Lol. :lol:

I actually like Geoffrey x Elincia, because I'm a sucker for "lady and knight" type dynamics. Because we never saw them as children together, it kind of lessens it for me. Plus, there's the fact that Geoffrey becomes a giant dork around Elincia. It's too cute.

I'd hesitate to call it an actual "paired" ending because there's no real romance hinted at, but yeah, I totally agree.

Yeah, I don't mind Boyd x Mist, even though I prefer Rolf x Mist. And I mean, Rolf and Mist seem so close, similar in age, and the latter doesn't interact much with Boyd. And all of a sudden, she gets to marry Boyd, but not Rolf? I mean, yeah, it's another case of opposite sex people staying friends, but...I just don't get this.

Well, I felt bad for poor Gatrie. He didn't seem to be as heavy a womanizer as guys like Sain or Inigo, yet those two can marry. Don't get me wrong, I love Sain and Inigo (especially Sain), but...yeah.

As for Geoffrey x Elincia, I do admit that some of Geoffrey's interactions with her are kinda cute, but I still thought of it as a brother/sister sort of way. We don't ever see Corrin and his/her siblings as children together either though. I'm also not really into knight x princess pairings. I don't really know why, as the reasons tend to be different (for Kent x Lyn, I just didn't see much happening there, and I enjoyed Lyn's interactions with Hector much more, and for Geoffrey x Elincia, it's their foster sibling thing and my love for Ike x Elincia), but the only notable one I've ever liked is Seth x Eirika and that's probably because Seth doesn't have any real competition from, like, a rugged hero a la Ike or some other non-knight guy who interacts with her a lot and is not her brother. And their A support was just OMG the FEELS.

But...yeah, just not a knight and lady/princess person. I'm more of a princess x common guy shipper. Or prince x common girl. It's why I really loved stories like Disney's Aladdin and Tangled. And The Princess and the Frog. They all feature a case of a commoner romancing a royal. :P It's also a reason I ship Donnel x Lissa in Awakening. lol

I'm also a sucker for childhood friend pairings though, which explains my Silas x Corrin shipping even though they can be considered knight x princess too, now that I think about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'd hesitate to call it an actual "paired" ending because there's no real romance hinted at, but yeah, I totally agree.

Yeah, I don't mind Boyd x Mist, even though I prefer Rolf x Mist. And I mean, Rolf and Mist seem so close, similar in age, and the latter doesn't interact much with Boyd. And all of a sudden, she gets to marry Boyd, but not Rolf? I mean, yeah, it's another case of opposite sex people staying friends, but...I just don't get this.

Well, I felt bad for poor Gatrie. He didn't seem to be as heavy a womanizer as guys like Sain or Inigo, yet those two can marry. Don't get me wrong, I love Sain and Inigo (especially Sain), but...yeah.

As for Geoffrey x Elincia, I do admit that some of Geoffrey's interactions with her are kinda cute, but I still thought of it as a brother/sister sort of way. We don't ever see Corrin and his/her siblings as children together either though. I'm also not really into knight x princess pairings. I don't really know why, as the reasons tend to be different (for Kent x Lyn, I just didn't see much happening there, and I enjoyed Lyn's interactions with Hector much more, and for Geoffrey x Elincia, it's their foster sibling thing and my love for Ike x Elincia), but the only notable one I've ever liked is Seth x Eirika and that's probably because Seth doesn't have any real competition from, like, a rugged hero a la Ike or some other non-knight guy who interacts with her a lot and is not her brother. And their A support was just OMG the FEELS.

But...yeah, just not a knight and lady/princess person. I'm more of a princess x common guy shipper. Or prince x common girl. It's why I really loved stories like Disney's Aladdin and Tangled. And The Princess and the Frog. They all feature a case of a commoner romancing a royal. :P It's also a reason I ship Donnel x Lissa in Awakening. lol

I'm also a sucker for childhood friend pairings though, which explains my Silas x Corrin shipping even though they can be considered knight x princess too, now that I think about it.

 
6

Yeah, fate yanking Gatrie around is kind of cruel, considering the guy was a bit of a flirt, but he was chivalrous about it...like giving that con artist woman all of his money for an "operation" to cure her "brain stones," and treating all of his dates out to nice dinners. ...Jesus, the dates that he gets are horrible people, now that I think about it, to take advantage of such a sweet guy. He doesn't seem to have any real ulterior motives. Poor, dopey Gatrie. Even Shinon makes fun of him. :lol:

But now that I think about it, it is kind of weird that Mist x Rolf wasn't the pairing, and they went for Boyd instead. Maybe it's because Rolf is the younger of the two? You don't see too many older woman x younger man pairings, whereas the reverse is much more common, and true with Boyd x Mist. Hmm. 

Yeah, I'm skeeved out by any of the royal x Corrin pairings in Fates, for the Nohrian royals because you regularly see them interacting as siblings and calling each other "brother and sister," and for the Hoshidans because they're blood related and consider themselves siblings.

Spoiler

okay, not technically, but still

But never had that reaction with Geoffrey and Elincia. I guess it helps that Geoffrey never considered himself Elincia's brother the way Lucia considers herself Elincia's sister. And it helps that they never referred to each other as "brother" and "sister" like they do in Fates.

But then again, I'm also one of those people that doesn't like Alm x Cellica because they were childhood BFFs, and looks like we're actually gonna see them in Echoes running around and being friends. Why couldn't they stay platonic, IS? DX

Edited by Extrasolar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Actually, Elincia only had...I think it's half a year? She tells Leanne that Ike left "more than half a year ago" or something like that. My memory is fuzzy on it, but I'm positive that it's not three years.

Yeah, but Jill's ending still mentions the word "husband" while Soren's and Ranulf's alternate endings do not. I do feel that the Tellius character endings are rather lackluster in general though, and even go against how some characters were written. Mist living happily alone? She seemed scared as hell to be all by herself! Especially to lose Ike in any way, which she effectively does when he leaves Tellius forever. And Gatrie finding many women, but never true love? It's possible, sure, but it feels kind of trollish and forced. And of course, there's Ike just up and leaving after his character revolved around carrying on his father's legacy and taking care of that mercenary "family."

I'm rather neutral to Haar x Jill, though the age gap there is rather ick. I find Geoffrey x Elincia awful because they grew up as siblings. It's implied in-game, and actually stated in the official artbook now. This is much like Corrin and the Nohr siblings in Fates, which plenty of people complained about. Geoffrey and Elincia's past isn't as prominent as Corrin's, but it's still pretty similar. Elincia was isolated and kept secret, and grew up with "siblings." Corrin was the same. I also got more of a big brother/little sister vibe than anything from their PoR support too. Elincia is basically going "stop protecting me all the time!" the whole way, as if she's telling her big brother to quit babying her. And then she's strictly professional with him in RD. "You are surely my finest and most faithful knight." Yeeeah, I don't see where the romance ever came from, at least on her end. Geoffrey definitely might've had feelings for her though, it could've gone either way, though that artbook confirming that the two were foster siblings definitely kinda throws a wrench into even that. Helps my theory that their marriage is political and mainly so Elincia has an acceptable husband to produce heirs with, though.

EDIT: Yeah, I do agree that the three brothers were written better as siblings than Ike and Mist were. That was always odd to me.

 

The game says Ike left Melior more than half a year ago, but I'm talking about the flashback where the game mentions that the war with Daein has been over for 3 years. Ike hasn't been at her side the whole time as she's been a queen for 3 years. I suppose it's possible Ike was there, but then the game says he's poor at the start, so losing literally all of the gold you had seems pretty ridiculous to happen in 3 years, so I gathered that he had pretty much skipped out on lordship immediately, but remained in Melior-- some place in Crimea, as that's really the only way for any of that to really make sense overall. It just seems odd that Elincia would only have rumors that he started the Greil Mercenaries-- as this pretty much implies that they don't communicate much. As you'd think she'd know that for certain if they did. 

Well that would be because they didn't get married as the whole concept of two men getting married wasn't really a thing when Radiant Dawn came out. That was what...? Almost 10 years ago? So that's a bit more risque at the time really. Heck, Boyd's ending is terrible too! He doesn't even move on to become like some great axe fighter, just some guy aspiring to not lose to "some rookie." Lame.  Most endings are just bad in RD. 

Haar x Jill is bad because of the fact that Haar knew Jill as a baby, which is just... I can't even. Geoffrey x Elincia all it said was Elincia and Lucia were "milk sisters" that means that they were both nursed by the same woman. That's not quite the same as the Nohrian siblings. It'd be like having a local baby sitter that raises both of you in the neighborhood. It's more like that than anything else. 

RD just dropped the ball when it came to running characters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...