so the ripped clothing thing

Junkhead

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Such deadly enemies! They rip the poor girls' clothing in aesthetically pleasing and convenient places BUT don't damage their skin one bit.

Why attack lethal places with weapons that do actual damage when you can just rip a bit of clothing? It's not like they're fighting wars or anything.

Also of course it's only the girls. Cause yeah. Not fap material for preteens at all...

I'm really salty about this, sorry.

I guess not as egregious as the being ripped shirtless, but the leading male Lord has some rather... revealing tears around the thighs from what I remember.

Snaggy, you talkin' bout Limstella or Sonia?

Also, @ the 'only females have ripped clothes thing' on top of the others: 

damage takumi.png

And then there's Tiki, which just makes me want to cry

damage tiki ;-;.png

NOOOOO who would do this ;-;

I do actually think Soul meant that only "girls get suggestive battle damage."

It's mostly girls, but the mage up there and Alfonso imo get some kind of suggestive ones too.

f7ave97.png

I mean, I'm hardly offended?  Seriously, it just seems like such a small thing...  Though then again, I'm also not the kind of guy who is overly offended by the sexualization in Fates or Awakening.

Also, like it or not, actual warriors would probably strike at those "aesthetically pleasing" parts.  Because those are also either sensitive areas (best way to temporarily stun someone) or are vital parts (women have the same vital organs in the same places that men do and legs are probably more vital than arms are in combat).  If anything, the travesty is in that the heroes' foes are too incompetent to properly wound their opponents, or that they for some reason refuse to strike at some men in the same places.

Just now, Ertrick36 said:

I mean, I'm hardly offended?  Seriously, it just seems like such a small thing...  Though then again, I'm also not the kind of guy who is overly offended by the sexualization in Fates or Awakening.

Also, like it or not, actual warriors would probably strike at those "aesthetically pleasing" parts.  Because those are also either sensitive areas (best way to temporarily stun someone) or are vital parts (women have the same vital organs in the same places that men do and legs are probably more vital than arms are in combat).  If anything, the travesty is in that the heroes' foes are too incompetent to properly wound their opponents, or that they for some reason refuse to strike at some men in the same places.

im sure someone would mod the game anyway to change the pictures to be more revealing battle damage anyways. im just curious how this works on characters like the black knight or wendy..... scuse me... Gwendelin.

2 hours ago, IV-Red said:

Agreed. Such deadly enemies! They rip the poor girls' clothing in aesthetically pleasing and convenient places BUT don't damage their skin one bit.

Lyn actually has one cut on her leg!

uecBv25.png

b e a s t e d

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

5 minutes ago, The Geek said:

Yeah, so far the damage portraits don't look too bad overall.  But then again we haven't seen the portraits for characters like Tharja or Camilla yet so... wait and see.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/212/593/d65.png

There's Camilla's battle damage art, which is surprisingly unrevealing, although that's probably because they can't remove too much.

Honestly, Fire Emblem's characters have always been designed to primarily be conventionally attractive, so this battle damage nonsense feels like a mild extension of basic fan service so far. I think it could've been far worse, and besides, so far it's fairly balanced between men and women; I mean besides the mysterious man you've got Lon'qu's sprite which tears off half his shirt.

Edited by Thane