so the ripped clothing thing

Junkhead

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

It could also be some frayed strands of thread from her dress.

Eh, doesn't look like that to me. We'll never know for sure though, unless the artist actually lurks Serenes. Or if you can touch 2D objects lol.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/212/593/d65.png

There's Camilla's battle damage art, which is surprisingly unrevealing, although that's probably because they can't remove too much.

Honestly, Fire Emblem's characters have always been designed to primarily be conventionally attractive, so this battle damage nonsense feels like a mild extension of basic fan service so far. I think it could've been far worse, and besides, so far it's fairly balanced between men and women; I mean besides the mysterious man you've got Lon'qu's sprite which tears off half his shirt.

Also, Camilla's arms and axe are covering a lot of her portrait to being with, so its not like there's any midriff to see. Also, Anna's damage portrait is very tame, mainly just missing some sleeve and a slight tear in the skirt. In fact, I feel like the male art is much aggressive with this stuff than the female one, though obviously there's not going to be any female characters going bare chested. Can't wait for Oliver's art!

That said, I've probably not seen as many images as you guys due to image sites being blocked where I am, so feel free to contest me on this.

5 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Because those are also either sensitive areas (best way to temporarily stun someone) or are vital parts (women have the same vital organs in the same places that men do and legs are probably more vital than arms are in combat).

Absolutely not. Arms are not only way more vital because they hold the weapon, but also a heck of a lot easier to reach than the legs, with any melee weapon, because the shoulders are roughly at the same level as your opponents and you'd have to crouch or lunge to get to them. You lop off someone's leg and they are probably still going to swipe at yours while prone. Not to mention that if you do that you'd have to crouch or lunge to hit them to finish them off while they can attack your legs from further.

4 minutes ago, Kyne said:

Absolutely not. Arms are not only way more vital because they hold the weapon, but also a heck of a lot easier to reach than the legs, with any melee weapon, because the shoulders are roughly at the same level as your opponents and you'd have to crouch or lunge to get to them. You lop off someone's leg and they are probably still going to swipe at yours while prone. Not to mention that if you do that you'd have to crouch or lunge to hit them to finish them off while they can attack your legs from further.

Cut off someone's arms, they'll run the hell away from you as fast as they can. Cut off their legs and...well...

3 minutes ago, InfinityAlex said:

Cut off someone's arms, they'll run the hell away from you as fast as they can. Cut off their legs and...well...

Ok?... Enemy runs and you win. Not to mention that the arms affect your balance quite a bit, so it's likely that they will fall.

Enemy can't run away but can still fight? They«re going to fight. And in this scenario, YOU might be injured or even die because at this point, the enemy is fighting to the death.

btw I meant that you'd have to crouch to get at the legs because the arms are at arm level and the legs are not.

Edited by Kyne
>.>

Honestly as someone who's complained about the fan service in fates and awakening, I don't really care that much about clothing being ripped unless it's done in an overly sexual manner and is purely for fan service reasons. I'm just too hyped about the possibility of ike winning one of the polls to care about little details like this,

7 hours ago, Ebony said:

I do actually think Soul meant that only "girls get suggestive battle damage."

It's mostly girls, but the mage up there and Alfonso imo get some kind of suggestive ones too.

f7ave97.png

I have found my new waifu #demlegstho

I'll be honest I don't see how this is at all a big deal. The only battle damage portrait we've seen that's even remotely suggestive is Lucina's, and that one is still quite tame compared to what some other characters wear normally.

It's not that big of a deal really. I have seen far worst in terms of fan service (you think this is bad, then Senran Kagura is like a spawn of hell), and it flashes across your screen in a second or two, not like its permanent.

Edited by Tolvir

Yeah, it's about literally it (as in, my only complaint). I'm actually very much looking forward to it, which is surprising, since I didn't even have this kind of enthusiasm towards Awakening & Fates put together. It looks really fucking cute (the graphics and the character animations are adorable as hell). The addition to actual character voices (which I assume they're literally voicing every single one of them) to characters we've never thought we'd be hearing is a veeeevery nice touch.

3 hours ago, Kyne said:

3 hours ago, InfinityAlex said:

Kyne has SOMEwhat of a point in that having arms means still being able to fight, but legs are definitely far more important-- without being able to move, to reposition, to run away, someone is as good as dead, and it can be done with as few as one leg-- remove an arm, and they can still use their other one, but you ned both legs for either of them to work. Once someone is on the ground, gaining the upper hand (pun not intended) is significantly easier. 

Look at us though talking about this violent shit for a fantasy anime tactics RPG lol

I all I can say is that as long as it happens to all playable characters and stays at the level that they are showing in the art work I have no problem with it.  Honestly this looks pretty tame and while no wounds is kind of silly at least it does make a bit of sense unlike the fan service in the 3DS FEs.   

I play Kantai Collection. Trust me when I say that this stuff is downright puritan compared to some of the damaged art in that game. As long as they're not shoving anyone's boingy bits in our faces I'd actually appreciate the extra artwork.

People are really complaining about this? It's not really bad at all, seriously. And this is coming from someone that complains a lot about Fates fanservice. At least in Heroes, they can't end up completely naked. This was the case in Fates if characters battled in a swimsuit and got attacked. That game is far worse with fanservice.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

This was the case in Fates if characters battled in a swimsuit and got attacked. That game is far worse with fanservice.

Are you serious? I'm assuming this is JP exclusive since the swimsuits are, but that sounds far too raunchy for Nintendo's standards.

Just now, InfinityAlex said:

Are you serious? I'm assuming this is JP exclusive since the swimsuits are, but that sounds far too raunchy for Nintendo's standards.

Yeah, it's Japan exclusive for that reason, but I saw a gameplay clip of it some time ago. I suppose it could've been fake, though.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, it's Japan exclusive for that reason, but I saw a gameplay clip of it some time ago. I suppose it could've been fake, though.

Ah, it could very well be a product of modding. People have started using Chrom and Lissa's DLC models to make them playable, so this wouldn't surprise me.

40 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Meanwhile I'm attempting to figure out how Tiki's clothes rip to begin with.  

She fights in dragon form, which makes the clothing vanish temporarily, so... ?????

shhh they didn't tell that to the artist when they had'em draw her