so the ripped clothing thing

Junkhead

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

People are really complaining about this? It's not really bad at all, seriously. And this is coming from someone that complains a lot about Fates fanservice. At least in Heroes, they can't end up completely naked. This was the case in Fates if characters battled in a swimsuit and got attacked. That game is far worse with fanservice.

I can't think of any way to make this happen without mods. Swimsuits do not override normal clothing; they instead replace the underwear models, which only appear in the first place if you attack with the weapons that strip, have Sophie attack, or actually take an insane amount of damage through normal means. Underwear is indestructible.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I'm pretty sure the reason why they they have decided to represent injured units like this is because of violence filters. Fire Emblem has never featured blood and stuff like that during battle, that I know of. That's typical of battle games. So instead of wounds, they use ripped clothing and pained expressions to show that the character has been badly damaged. I personally like it lol

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Meanwhile I'm attempting to figure out how Tiki's clothes rip to begin with.  

She fights in dragon form, which makes the clothing vanish temporarily, so... ?????

Hey, I'm just thankful more of her clothes don't disappear; that dress is already way too short to begin with. I'd never be comfortable using Nowi or child Tiki on my team outdoors.

15 minutes ago, Thane said:

Hey, I'm just thankful more of her clothes don't disappear; that dress is already way too short to begin with. I'd never be comfortable using Nowi or child Tiki on my team outdoors.

Oh, sweet Jesus, that's a point. I'm really dreading Nowi's inclusion in Heroes now. I know there's going to be nothing graphic, but I'm already very uncomfortable with Nowi's design as is, 1000 years be damned.

To people arguing about whether legs or arms are more important...

I honestly should've predicted this argument would happen, but that wasn't the whole point of my post.  I was trying to argue that it isn't totally senseless fanservice to see cuts on the legs and torso, places where "aesthetically pleasing" clothing tears are.  Maybe the arms are more important, but you see tears in the sleeves as well.  And legs still are very important for a soldier; if they can't move, they can't really continue with an advance or retreat.

Also, I agree with @moxis on this as well; you don't see more gory and bloody details because they're trying to keep it T for Teen.

Meanwhile Fae has the body of a three year old and will have a "damaged" portrait just like all the rest.

But yeah, nothing to really get worked up over. There's little chance of the portraits really going for a risque or grotesque approach, especially in a mobile market where anyone can freely access it.

Eh, not a big deal to me. I mean, if it really was only the females that had fan-servicey tearing, that would be one thing, but they're being equal about it in terms of just about everything (heck, a male character probably has the most 'lewd' torn appearance)

3 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

Eh, not a big deal to me. I mean, if it really was only the females that had fan-servicey tearing, that would be one thing, but they're being equal about it in terms of just about everything (heck, a male character probably has the most 'lewd' torn appearance)

Who? The male portraits seemed less fanservicey to me compared to females.

25 minutes ago, 1japanfan said:

Oh yeah. That one. But that is pretty much it.

tumblr_ojzy5tz9JR1tchom3o1_r1_500.png

Not as blatant, but this picture was taken straight from a post thanking Nintendo with a lot of colorful comments, so I'm guessing it gets the job done.

Edited by Thane

12 minutes ago, 1japanfan said:

Oh yeah. That one. But that is pretty much it.

Along with the examples above, I did say 'the most lewd' one, so its still a correct statement.
I haven't really seen anything comparative to it just yet..

8 hours ago, BANRYU said:

Kyne has SOMEwhat of a point in that having arms means still being able to fight, but legs are definitely far more important-- without being able to move, to reposition, to run away, someone is as good as dead, and it can be done with as few as one leg-- remove an arm, and they can still use their other one, but you ned both legs for either of them to work. Once someone is on the ground, gaining the upper hand (pun not intended) is significantly easier. 

Look at us though talking about this violent shit for a fantasy anime tactics RPG lol

I'm petty and don't like not having the last word. Especially on matters that I know about.

For your personal safety, cutting the arms is much better an is therefore preferable. Unless you are ambidextrous there's no way you'll ever be as good with the left as you are with the right. Not to mention that if you cut off or even just injure one arm the weapon falls due to the injury, so you' have to pick it up with the other. Lose your weapon and you are virtually defenseless, even if your other one had a shield. Lose your leg and while you are probably going to die, you can take people with you, or even hold out until reinforcements arrive to save you. (unless you're alone, rip)

In short, legs are "the most important" for the defendant but the least important target for the attacker (which explains why people cared so much less about defending them and why "half plate" was a thing, which is to say, to wear plate armor everywhere but your legs.) and therefore the least important part to defend.

On topic though, I see no real issue. It's a little dumb to rip their clothes without ruffling their hair or giving them gashes and bruises but I don't really see the issue. Camilla's "top" does look like it's about to pop though.