• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made my first pull from the new focus...

• 4* Sophia (eh, we'll see)
  • 4* Tharja (no on principle)
  • 3* Gordin (couldn't have given me a 4*?)
  • 3* Gordin (WTF!)
  • 3* Henry (no use)

I'm running out of orbs from story missions, even with the 9 from this paralogue. Only have 24 left by my count, with 4 in the bank and 2 per day for however long (how long is this grace period, actually?), so I'll probably only be able to get one or two more pulls from this. Really want the twins...

6 minutes ago, Finn1412 said:

Just pulled 5 M!Corrin. Is he useful for Arena? He's lv 1 while every main I have is 25-32. 

He's not bad. If you have the time and dedication to level him up, he's quite good. What does your main team consist of?

4 minutes ago, Finn1412 said:

5 Chrom, 5* Lucina, 4 Serra, 4 Kagero.

Auch, I don't really see him fit in there with already two sword users. Lucina is probably the best red sword together with Ryoma, and I wonder if he's actually better than Chrom. It never hurts to level Corrin up ofcourse, but this team would probably be better off without him.

4 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Auch, I don't really see him fit in there with already two sword users. Lucina is probably the best red sword together with Ryoma, and I wonder if he's actually better than Chrom. It never hurts to level Corrin up ofcourse, but this team would probably be better off without him.

Thanks. I do plan on taking a couple out for Ephraim or Hector but I'll stiil level him up.

I got 20 orbs and rolled last night, somehow ended up rolling a 3-star Robin. Since I already rolled a 5-star Robin sometime before (who is now level 40), I'm not sure what to do with the 3-star one. Also got a 3-star Beruka, which was nice because I apparently had 0 green units.

14 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Yes, Corrin is better than Chrom.  Two Falchion users is overkill, while Yato helps Corrin's middling Speed.

9 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Yes, Corrin is better than Chrom.  Two Falchion users is overkill, while Yato helps Corrin's middling Speed.

Hmm, you made me look at those two again and I'm inclined to say you're right, Corrin!M is indeed better than Chrom.

Thanks to the nine orbs you can get through the paralogues, I managed to save up enough for a 6th set 5 summons

Spoiler

1u7CrxN.png

Was hoping for some birthday luck, but it wasn't to be.  Statistically I feel like I'm due for something worthwhile soon...

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

For Valentine's Day, I got permission from my spouse to spend $13 on Orbs.  I got this.

Reveal hidden contents

How does it feel being married to Seliph? :P:

But on a more serious note, congratulations~!

7 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Hm, love is the name of the game in this focus after all, huh?

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

How does it feel being married to Seliph? :P:

But on a more serious note, congratulations~!

Thanks.  Looking at Seliph, he looks a bit slow, but hits like a truck and gets a lot of HP, I'm not sure if the total given on the stat calculator includes the HP skill or not.  Either way, my Seliph looks to be +HP, -Res.  I'm tempted to add him to my team, since I need a high Def character, but I'm not sure who to take out.

Takumi, Abel, Tiki/Robin, Seliph sound like a good team?  Or should I put Olivia in there somewhere?

Edited by Rezzy

1 hour ago, Birdy said:

Hmm, you made me look at those two again and I'm inclined to say you're right, Corrin!M is indeed better than Chrom.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Chrom is actually a bit more useful than Corrin imo. He's quite a tank when maxed out, much more so than Corrin, and can buff ally's Defense. Corrin is just average all around, and doesn't have good passives, though his maximum firepower is much higher thanks to his Special Skill. But since he had Lucina, she already has burst Sword damage covered.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Thanks.  Looking at Seliph, he looks a bit slow, but hits like a truck and gets a lot of HP, I'm not sure if the total given on the stat calculator includes the HP skill or not.  Either way, my Seliph looks to be +HP, -Res.  I'm tempted to add him to my team, since I need a high Def character, but I'm not sure who to take out.

Takumi, Abel, Tiki/Robin, Seliph sound like a good team?  Or should I put Olivia in there somewhere?

Olivia does work well with Takumi, but I feel like the rest of your team isn't hyper-offensive enough to justify putting Olivia in. I'm not sure about Tiki vs Robin though. They both do different things, but Takumi and Abel sort of have his base covered. Tiki counters Hector, though, who actually can give you trouble if you only have a Sword user to go against him, and can stand up against non-Falchions just fine. Your team appears to not be Effie-proof, though, no matter who you pick.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Olivia does work well with Takumi, but I feel like the rest of your team isn't hyper-offensive enough to justify putting Olivia in. I'm not sure about Tiki vs Robin though. They both do different things, but Takumi and Abel sort of have his base covered. Tiki counters Hector, though, who actually can give you trouble if you only have a Sword user to go against him, and can stand up against non-Falchions just fine. Your team appears to not be Effie-proof, though, no matter who you pick.

Yeah, it's hard to find a team that would perfectly counter everybody, unless you cheesed out and had 4 Takumis or something.  I'm tempted to keep Robin, just since Takumi is a lot more common than Hector.  I could see Seliph being a good counter to Hector or at least a check.

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, it's hard to find a team that would perfectly counter everybody, unless you cheesed out and had 4 Takumis or something.  I'm tempted to keep Robin, just since Takumi is a lot more common than Hector.  I could see Seliph being a good counter to Hector or at least a check.

The Lucina/Hector/Azura/Takumi team has pretty much all the bases covered. I like to call it the whale team.

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The Lucina/Hector/Azura/Takumi team has pretty much all the bases covered. I like to call it the whale team.

Yeah, but you'd have to be either very lucky and/or rich to get all of them, since they're only 5*.  I've got to work with what I've got.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You should ask permission more often

Maybe, but we've got to be responsible with money, too.

Good seeing everyone having some luck!  Still trying to reroll for Hector but Barte keeps ruining my party....   unless someone's to give me a Hector account lol.  Julia is a beast if your lucky to get her.  Been leveling her up and I can tell she will be in the top tiers

6th Pull: Done a couple of days prior to the change in Focus.

417ZTRt.png

Not bad. Hana and Donnell replace the previous 3* versions of them. Hana is a great armor killer.

7th Pull: First one after the change in Focus.

KP0KLSB.png

HeyLookItsFuckingNothing.gif

Geez, I appreciate three new characters but come on, not even a single 4*? My worst pull so far no doubt.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

From what I've read, Seliph is too frail to be a good Hector counter. I fought an Hector with a Brave Lance+ Camilla and managed to survive.