• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

He doesn't. The doubling threshold is 5 more speed than the other party.

...It is? Well, forgive me for not knowing... I'd never seen it mentioned anywhere. But it's too late now, I already ditched Eirika to give her Hone Spd to Palla because I didn't like that -spd bane. I swear though, I was thinking that if she did actually have a good boon and bane, I'd use her. But she didn't, so...

I've been hoping to get Lucius with no such luck, but I did get Laslow finally. I know he's not super high tier or anything, but this one is +ATK -HP, and he tears through axe users like no one's business. I'll probably sacrifice one of my many Cherches to give him ATK +3 to make my beautiful philanderer a death machine.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

...It is? Well, forgive me for not knowing... I'd never seen it mentioned anywhere. But it's too late now, I already ditched Eirika to give her Hone Spd to Palla because I didn't like that -spd bane. I swear though, I was thinking that if she did actually have a good boon and bane, I'd use her. But she didn't, so...

Strictly speaking of flier vs Takumi at Full HP:

You're not doubling him even if your flier had 41+ spd if he has close counter.

You're dying before you get that second attack in.

And Brave Weapons won't exactly one shot him. And as soon as he survives killing you, he most likely has Vengeance charged *AND* half hp or less if you tried to kill him. Which means one more of your units are dead.

In that specific situation, Palla is the worst decision out of the two.

As for your other thing:

You complain about not getting 5 stars and not keeping up with other players in the arena.

You get handed one and you insult it AND throw it away.

When you don't have the luxury of nitpicking 5 star natures.

...okay.

It's like getting a birthday present when you specify "five star please" and a relative doesn't get you exactly what you want.

Do you throw away the present?

I mean you can do what you want. But to other people, you will looked spoiled.

Edited by shadowofchaos

3 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Strictly speaking of flier vs Takumi at Full HP:

You're not doubling him even if your flier has 40 spd if he has close counter.

You're dying before you get that second attack in.

And Brave Weapons won't exactly one shot him. And as soon as he survives killing you, he most likely has Vengeance charged *AND* half hp or less if you tried to kill him.

In that specific situation, Palla is the worst decision out of the two.

As for your other thing:

You complain about not getting 5 stars and not keeping up with other players in the arena.

You get handed one and you insult it AND throw it away.

...okay.

It's like getting a birthday present when you specify "five star please" and a relative doesn't get you exactly what you want.

Do you throw away the present?

Except I never said I could use just any 5 star unit. I need viable ones, not just any random character with a gold border on their picture. To me, Eirika wasn't going to serve any purpose because she had a bad boon and bane combo and she was better off giving skills to Palla. I didn't just "throw her away."

And who said I was trying to use Palla to take down Takumis? I have male Robin and Frederick for that (the former for obvious reasons, and the latter can tank the hits and hit back hard).

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Except I never said I could use just any 5 star unit. I need viable ones, not just any random character with a gold border on their picture. To me, Eirika wasn't going to serve any purpose because she had a bad boon and bane combo and she was better off giving skills to Palla. I didn't just "throw her away."

And who said I was trying to use Palla to take down Takumis? I have male Robin and Frederick for that (the former for obvious reasons, and the latter can tank the hits and hit back hard).

The thing is, Ana... you have preconceived notions of "viable" and "lame" based on character looks alone.

Natures in this game affect final stats, but even if you had the worst 5 star Eirika in the world, she probably had more utility than any of your current 4 star swordies.

This is like judging unit viability in a regular Fire Emblem on Lunatic mode based on how you feel about them and hearsay rather than seeing it for yourself.

That is pretty much what gets you lectured in this forum. All the time.

Edited by shadowofchaos

God damn it. Rolled and got 4*Nino, 3*Nino, 3*Clarine, 3*Henry, 4*Gunter. All duplicates. I guess Nino has her nice tome, drawback, and hone attack to pass along. Though I have 6 Olivias for that hone attack.....

5 minutes ago, Kiran said:

God damn it. Rolled and got 4*Nino, 3*Nino, 3*Clarine, 3*Henry, 4*Gunter. All duplicates. I guess Nino has her nice tome, drawback, and hone attack to pass along. Though I have 6 Olivias for that hone attack.....

Now I know I'm not the only one who has 6 million Olivias.

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Now I know I'm not the only one who has 6 million Olivias.

The funny part about last month is that Belinda needed a pentagram to summon a 3 star common.

That's some luck to avoid avoid a common she was looking for for a whole 3 weeks of the game.

2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

The funny part about last month is that Belinda needed a pentagram to summon a 3 star common.

That's some luck to avoid avoid a common she was looking for for a whole 3 weeks of the game.

Tell that to Gwendolyn for me....I still need 2 armors. I've done 95 pulls now and still only pulled 1 Draug.

30 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

The thing is, Ana... you have preconceived notions of "viable" and "lame" based on character looks alone.

Natures in this game affect final stats, but even if you had the worst 5 star Eirika in the world, she probably had more utility than any of your current 4 star swordies.

This is like judging unit viability in a regular Fire Emblem on Lunatic mode based on how you feel about them and hearsay rather than seeing it for yourself.

That is pretty much what gets you lectured in this forum. All the time.

The thing is, the last time I tried to use a -spd unit that wasn't really tanky, it didn't work out well at all. And Eirika's defense probably isn't as good as male Robin's. And with skill inheritance and stuff, a bad bane and boon combo could mean problems for me in the arena.

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The thing is, the last time I tried to use a -spd unit that wasn't really tanky, it didn't work out well at all. And Eirika's defense probably isn't as good as male Robin's. And with skill inheritance and stuff, a bad bane and boon combo could mean problems for me in the arena.

Do you really need two tanks?

Eirika should either be using skills or finishing off greenies.

Ana, you're being nitpicky and you're at the lower end of the meta at this point, having no five stars besides the upgrades Fred.

You don't have the luxury of nitpicking natures if you want to do so someday.

You can do well in the arena with only one 5 star and three 4 stars.

You have more room to pick natures with them.

More often than not, the deciding factor in the arena are your setups, not your natures.

How many units do you even have at level 40? Where those small difference in stats count the most?

27 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

If you're so concerned about her speed which is fine 32 isn't really a bad speed it's not that slow, my M Corrin has the same base speed and he hardly gets doubled ever even on enemy phase. Then why don't you give her the plus Speed skill, Darting Blow or Fury (I personally recommend Fury). She's mostly a support character is a but their is a reason she's S tier why don't you try her before you send her away, +3 attack and + 4 speed every turn really good. Erika skills are absolutely NOT worth losing her unique weapon over do not use her this way it is a bad idea, but you are free to do what you like I guess. 

Edited by Locke087

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

Do you really need two tanks?

Eirika should either be using skills or finishing off greenies.

Ana, you're being nitpicky and you're at the lower end of the meta at this point, having no five stars besides the upgrades Fred.

You don't have the luxury of nitpicking natures if you want to do so someday.

You can do well in the arena with only one 5 star and three 4 stars.

You have more room to pick natures with them.

More often than not, the deciding factor in the arena are your setups, not your natures.

How many units do you even have at level 40? Where those small difference in stats count the most?

What do you mean two tanks? Where did that come from?

I haven't been able to do well in the arena with one 5 star and three 4 stars though.

Frederick is the only lv. 40 character I have. But I also have Palla at lv. 39 and Sharena and Jagen at lv. 37. Jagen was only leveled up because he was a bonus character in the arena. I'm putting Robin in there instead once I get some more levels for him and I'm also using Hawkeye because he's got good attack, def, and res even though he can't double much.

3 minutes ago, Locke087 said:

If you're so concerned about her speed which is fine 32 isn't really a bad speed it's not that slow, my M Corrin has the same base speed and he hardly gets doubled ever even on enemy phase. Then why don't you give her the plus Speed skill, Darting Blow or Fury (I personally recommend Fury). She's mostly support character is a but their is a reason she's S tier why don't you try her before you send her away, +3 attack and + 4 speed every turn really good. Erika skills are absolutely NOT worth losing her unique weapon over do not use her this way it is a bad idea, but you are free to and res even though he can't double much. do what you like I guess. 

It's too late, I've already ditched her to give Palla Hone Spd. And I don't regret it.

Eirika shouldn't be seeing battle unless you are killing a greenies or a mage. You don't need her to be tanky. You need her to double and be speedy. Which is where the question of "why do you need to tanks?" Since you're comparing an attribute Eirika doesn't need to be significant.

I'm curious, Ana. What did you expect to happen in this thread?

You complain about not doing well in the arena.

The game gives you a 5 star that is objectively better than any of your other units.

And you nitpick a nature without ever using them and call them lame?

Were you expecting people to agree with you that Eirika was a bad unit? When you know... people here have tons more experience with more units in this thread?

Edited by shadowofchaos

2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

You don't need her to be tanky. You need her to double and be speedy.

Which is exactly why I don't like the -spd bane!

I expected some people to not like my decision, but I didn't expect so many to complain to me the way they did and start a whole argument.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I expected some people to not like my decision, but I didn't expect so many to complain to me the way they did and start a whole argument.

Which gives you a penalty of -3 speed on level 40. 32 speed.

Oh NOOOOO. It's such a huge detriment to your team even though that's more than enough to double most things.

Which units do you currently have that have more than that? And how much atk?

Edited by shadowofchaos

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Except 32 speed is not at all low.

Optimizing unit stats is important to a degree, to win at higher levels of arena, but many of us here do not have optimal spreads for our units. In fact, the majority with fully optimized teams whale their stuff anyway.

So what are the rest of us supposed to do? We work with what we have. You got the backlash you did because you judged a rather decent (not amazing but very useful nonetheless) unit instantly and wouldn't accept what other people had to say on the matter.

Answer me this: What matters more to you in the units you have right now? Their character or their effectiveness as a unit? And don't say both.

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

Which gives you a penalty of -3 speed on level 40.

Oh NOOOOO. It's such a huge detriment to your team even though that's more than enough to double most things.

Wow, what a drama llama you're being. Seriously. :/

You never know if that -3 speed will hurt you in a battle where units can have a lot of different skillsets now thanks to inheritance.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's too late, I've already ditched her to give Palla Hone Spd. And I don't regret it.

You will, oh you will I can't wait for you to get decimated by a Erika team in the arena trust me you're going to run into them and you're going to figure out why she's S Tier. For the record I would've loved to have your Erika and I have 3 5* star swordies (Marth, Lyn, M Corrin), oh the crap I could've done with her and Nino it would be beautiful....

Edited by Locke087

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You never know if that -3 speed will hurt you in a battle where units can have a lot of different skillsets now thanks to inheritance.

Like Spd +3 or Hone/Spur Spd, I dunno.

3 minutes ago, Locke087 said:

You will, oh you will I can't wait for you to get decimated by a Erika team in the arena trust me you're going to run into them and you're going to figure out why she's S Tier. For the record I would've loved to have your Erika and I have 3 5* star swordies (Marth, Lyn, M Corrin),  oh the crap I could've done with Her and Nino  it would be beautiful....

I've gone against a team with two Eirikas. More than once. Was never an issue. She went down easy. Didn't even double my units much, now that I think about it. She's not S tier at all. lol

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

So what are the rest of us supposed to do? We work with what we have. You got the backlash you did because you judged a rather decent (not amazing but very useful nonetheless) unit instantly and wouldn't accept what other people had to say on the matter.

Answer me this: What matters more to you in the units you have right now? Their character or their effectiveness as a unit? And don't say both.

I also try to work with what I have. I was actually thinking of using that Eirika if her boon and bane were good, but they weren't. You can't always work with what you get.

And I don't have to accept what other people say. If they're all upset and want to whine about that, that's not my fault.

Well then, you don't get an answer to that question.

Edited by Anacybele